• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fire Emblem Social Thread

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
There's a good number of reasons I don't like this game:
Being better than awakening does not mean it's good. Awakening was completely gutted in terms of combat and map design compared to previous games. It was a very shallow experience overall and the character writing was about as thin as chicken broth given every character had to be generic enough to be able to marry every other unit of the opposite gender. This game has almost certainly not improved in terms of writing for just that reason same reason.
Six of the game's character designs are straight up recycled from awakening which is god damned lazy. Transparently so too, given they're all Nohr exclusive as a means of selling the newcomers to the series who are worse players on buying the 'harder' story path. This is exceptionally bad imo because the game's roster is actually rather small overall not counting in child units being a mere 19 or so units per side.
'Skin Shipping' is weird.
A lot of the 'new features' are actually just re-introduced. Lack of weapon durability, jail, and the my base feature all come to mind. (Gaiden, Thracia, and Gaiden respectively)
Incest is gross and so is being able to marry (and have children with) underaged units. Pedophelia isn't cool and incest is also not cool. And to be honest, yeah this alone is enough for me to drop the game especially after how disappointed I was with awakening.

Overall I haven't heard or seen anything about the game that made me particularly excited in the first place, and a bunch of the stuff I have heard only made me less and less wanting the game to the point where now I just straight up will refuse to buy it.

Edit:
People who want to marry their siblings are gross, that's really all there is to it. Making a product that panders to an audience like that ought to tell you of the general quaity of said product.
1) True, Awakening's characters were (mostly) dull, and as an indicator of this game's writing quality it's not great, but most of the other FEs had good writing, so I'll give them another chance.
Besides, they have two games' worth of writing, it can't all be bad.

2) True, I found Awakening's combat really easy, and I'm not sure if it's because I played on Normal (I played 7, 8 and some of 9 on normal too, but they were still difficult at times) or because Pair Up was too good. However, they've fixed Pair Up (at least it looks that way), and at the very least the Nohr campaign should be difficult.

3) The expies... Popularity aside, it does smack a bit of running out of time to design characters.

4) I think I've said this before, but the face-rubbing thing weirds me out too a bit.

5) Yeah, those features are from older FEs, but that doesn't mean they can't be given a new spin. Lack of weapon durability just means they'll have to get creative to keep me from just using the strongest weapons all the time, for one. For two, did your side have a jail in Thracia? I know the other side did, but did you? I know Capturing was a thing you could do though (and I wish it worked here like it did there and you stole the enemy's stuff). And could you customize your base (for whatever value of customization My Castle has) in Gaiden? Wasn't that just walking around various towns.

on top of the fact that Marx says "You're my little sister, I want to touch you"
Is that real? Nothing else, no conversation, just Xander coming out of nowhere and saying "you're my little sister, I want to touch you"? Because that sounds weirdly funny to me. Not sure why.
Good to know the Castle thing isn't limited to Hoshido though, didn't know that until clicking that link. Definitely starting with Nohr now.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
He says that during one of the petting minigames, not just during a mission or anything. Awakening's difficulty wasn't very high in general, I played on Hard/Classic my first run and wasn't very challenged the whole way through precisely because Pair Up was such a centralizing and overly good mechanic. Well that and infinite grinding.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
@ILikeKirbys he says it when you reach a S-Support with him, and you "pet" him... it's rather disturbing. But I hope Nintendo chooses to censor that to something more friendly in the North American version.

@Dr. Peace what about Lunatic? And even Lunatc+? Without grinding, those two are insanely difficult (because not everyone chooses to grind).

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Lunatic and Lunatic+ got way too 'roll the dice over and over until it works' for me rather than needing to be strategic.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
He says that during one of the petting minigames, not just during a mission or anything.
Aw, that's not nearly as funny anymore. Now it's actually kinda creepyish.

Awakening's difficulty wasn't very high in general, I played on Hard/Classic my first run and wasn't very challenged the whole way through precisely because Pair Up was such a centralizing and overly good mechanic. Well that and infinite grinding.
A quick question then:
Would Awakening have been up to whatever your standard of difficulty is is you didn't use Pair Up or infinite grinding (ie. just do the regular chapters and the paralogues/xenologues/whatever those non-DLC optional chapters were called)?

EDIT!
@ILikeKirbys he says it when you reach a S-Support with him, and you "pet" him... it's rather disturbing. But I hope Nintendo chooses to censor that to something more friendly in the North American version.
Yeah, that's definitely not making it to NA.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
@Tommy
Like draayder said, Lunatic and Lunatic+ are much more 'roll the dice' than proper strategy games. I don't really count them to be honest.

@ILikeKirbys
Sorry if what I said earlier seemed confusing or poorly worded, a game's difficulty is not directly correlated with it's quality. I quite like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones and they aren't particularly hard either. A lot of the difference is the map layout, story, and character writing. I actually did a second run of Awakening without using any bonus missions, sans the ones to recruit Anna and Donnel, and also without using any second seals and it still wasn't very difficult. Every map is simply 'Route Enemy' or 'Defeat Commander' so a lot of advanced strategy is totally lost.

Awakening, in my opinion has a very poor grasp on difficulty as a concept and this is reflected in a few things in my opinion.
1) The sheer roll the dice-ness or Lunatic and Lunatic plus. They just aren't fun, it's simply rolling the game's internal dice until you get favorable outcomes OR griding for hours upon end.

2) Units are often balanced in such a way where on their own they're somewhat weak and suseptable but very much on the verge of being able to murder everything singlehandedly at any point in a normal run, with Pair Up existing as this boost. A suitable example in another game would be Kurthnaga once you get him in FE10 or Ross in Sacred Stones but one is an end game unit and the other is an Est who needs 10 levels of baby sitting at least. This makes it really difficult to ever feel a 'fair' challenge, ya know?

3) It often assume you've grinded or made use of the second seal system to gain additional levels or better, more ideal classes and skills especially in the later paralogue chapters and on higher difficulties.

And my biggest pet peeve being this one
4) When enemy reinforcements appear they tend to appear in huge waves AND be able to all move and attack on their turn of arrival. This is utter bullshit, because on many maps there is no forewarning of any kind nor any way to tell where they'll appear from or what unit type they'll be. (The mystical tree, Laurent's recruit mission, and Walhart's recruit all readily come to mind.) Some maps show stair cases or castles, but these barely help as the enemy units often still appear with no warning, making the game add in pointless retries if you're wanting to have no deaths. It's unfair to the player and is just generally unfun to deal with. In older FE games when enemy units appear they're either forewarned by dialogue if they can move as they arrive OR they appear on the map but cannot move or attack when they arrive. This way you have a full turn to prepare and adjust your strategy to what the game has thrown at you. It's fair and assume you as the player aren't psychic.

Genuinely this was my biggest peeve with Awakening from a gameplay standpoint. Much of the difficulty it had felt very artificial and with little counterplay and simply forced the player to restart entire levels at a time while at the same time removing battle save from any non-casual run. WHY DO THAT? They're a total quality of life addition that Radiant Dawn put in because it admittedly had very long chapters. There's no reason to remove them as they simply save the player frustration.

Sorry if this post seems mad, I'm genuinely not, just trying to explain my standpoint on things.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Like draayder said, Lunatic and Lunatic+ are much more 'roll the dice' than proper strategy games. I don't really count them to be honest.
Oh yeah, I tried Lunatic once.
It wasn't fun at all.

Sorry if what I said earlier seemed confusing or poorly worded, a game's difficulty is not directly correlated with it's quality. I quite like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones and they aren't particularly hard either. A lot of the difference is the map layout, story, and character writing. I actually did a second run of Awakening without using any bonus missions, sans the ones to recruit Anna and Donnel, and also without using any second seals and it still wasn't very difficult. Every map is simply 'Route Enemy' or 'Defeat Commander' so a lot of advanced strategy is totally lost.
Ah, don't worry about it, I usually don't understand things the first time I read them anyway (but I think I sound like I do sometimes).
True, Sacred Stones was really easy (mostly; that one with Selena on Ephraim's path was actually pretty tough, at least to me, and so was the one with the ships on his path too). I dunno about the character writing (I rarely get supports besides Colm/Neimi), but the story writing's alright, and everything else you said is spot on. I remember actually being worried when I saw that volcano chapter with all the Gorgon eggs; yeah, it ended up not being so hard because I could 1- and 2-shot everything with quite a few of my units, but I felt like I might lose throughout that chapter, and Awakening only managed that on the final chapter, because Grima is kinda broken and like 3 people on my team could hurt him (Chrom/Robin/Lucina).
And yeah, having just Kill All The Dudes and Kill This Specific Dude got boring quickly. I thought it might end in Valm, and if you count Tiki's paralogue it kinda did, but the entire main story being those two very similar mission types bored me enough that I put it down when I was replaying it. Haven't touched it since, though I might now that Fates is coming out.

Awakening, in my opinion has a very poor grasp on difficulty as a concept and this is reflected in a few things in my opinion.
1) The sheer roll the dice-ness or Lunatic and Lunatic plus. They just aren't fun, it's simply rolling the game's internal dice until you get favorable outcomes OR griding for hours upon end.
I've read about some of the skills on Lunatic+. Is there really a skill that always halves your defense when you get attacked? That always-hit skill could be alright, but that just seems horrible.

2) Units are often balanced in such a way where on their own they're somewhat weak and suseptable but very much on the verge of being able to murder everything singlehandedly at any point in a normal run, with Pair Up existing as this boost. A suitable example in another game would be Kurthnaga once you get him in FE10 or Ross in Sacred Stones but one is an end game unit and the other is an Est who needs 10 levels of baby sitting at least. This makes it really difficult to ever feel a 'fair' challenge, ya know?
I... never noticed this, but that makes sense; my units were always pretty okay, but Pair Up made everything so much easier. It seems like a bad design choice to give it the stat boosts, the follow-up attacks and the chance to negate damage all at once, so glad Fates is splitting the benefits. Maybe it'll finally be balanced.
Or if not, it'll at least be broken on both sides, since enemies can do it too (at least, that's what I heard).

3) It often assume you've grinded or made use of the second seal system to gain additional levels or better, more ideal classes and skills especially in the later paralogue chapters and on higher difficulties.
It did? I honestly never noticed, though I also didn't get very far on Hard before going "screw this, I'm gonna go play Brawl" so I dunno.
The later paralogues... do you mean the ones with the children? Because yeah, those seemed a bit above the difficulty of the main game.

And my biggest pet peeve being this one
4) When enemy reinforcements appear they tend to appear in huge waves AND be able to all move and attack on their turn of arrival. This is utter bullshit, because on many maps there is no forewarning of any kind nor any way to tell where they'll appear from or what unit type they'll be. (The mystical tree, Laurent's recruit mission, and Walhart's recruit all readily come to mind.) Some maps show stair cases or castles, but these barely help as the enemy units often still appear with no warning, making the game add in pointless retries if you're wanting to have no deaths. It's unfair to the player and is just generally unfun to deal with. In older FE games when enemy units appear they're either forewarned by dialogue if they can move as they arrive OR they appear on the map but cannot move or attack when they arrive. This way you have a full turn to prepare and adjust your strategy to what the game has thrown at you. It's fair and assume you as the player aren't psychic.
Yeah, that's some bulls***. I think it got Ricken and Maribelle killed at least once each on the chapter you get them from when I was playing it.
I remember it giving you advance warning, but it still felt like it came out of nowhere at times.
Maybe it would've been better if it were restricted to higher difficulties, or they only did it very sparingly.

Genuinely this was my biggest peeve with Awakening from a gameplay standpoint. Much of the difficulty it had felt very artificial and with little counterplay and simply forced the player to restart entire levels at a time while at the same time removing battle save from any non-casual run. WHY DO THAT? They're a total quality of life addition that Radiant Dawn put in because it admittedly had very long chapters. There's no reason to remove them as they simply save the player frustration.
Looking back, this is quite true. It didn't feel like there was much challenge (in the main game, anyway, some of the children chapters were vicious), but it felt like I was overpowered to the point that bulls*** was the only way to have difficulty (I blame Pair Up, infinite grinding and the children, though there were probably other factors). Seriously, Validar got built up for like the whole game and then he went down like a chump in Chapter 23. Even Gangrel put up a better fight than that LIKE EIGHTEEN CHAPTERS EARLIER. And Grima was only hard because of his bulls*** most-of-your-units-do-next-to-nothing-to-me skill (he had something like that), which was more annoying than anything (though it did make my strategy easy, just have Chrom/Robin/Lucina wreck Grima while my other units try to fight the other dudes).
Admittedly, the final chapter of Valm was actually kinda nice, since it built up to fighting Walhart by having you go through small armies with Cervantes and Excellus first, and also he moved. Moving is why I almost had to restart against Gangrel a few times, so that's definitely a plus for difficulty. True, he was mostly difficult thanks to the combo of moving boss, having a really good weapon and having an ability that negated effective damage (which I didn't know about the first time I got to him, almost had to restart), and taking him out was still a bit easy since I mobbed him with my toughest units, but actually having to do that is something I didn't have to do on any other boss. It felt kinda unique, even for a fairly standard let's-kill-the-boss chapter.

Also, since you mentioned it earlier, do you think battle-saves would return if they made a remake of FE4? Because the maps in that game are HUGE. Like, I-could-cut-them-up-into-like-5-chapters-in-most-other-games-minimum-per-map huge.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Yeah, FE4 would more or less necessitate battle saves if they were to make a true to form remake. I'm playing through it actively and I enjoy it quite a bit but its maps really are 3-5 chapters worth of content each.

To be fair, I did enjoy the second arc of Awakening story wise. The whole Walhart the Conqueror arc was much more interesting and better pulled off than Acts 1 and 3, which is funny because it's basically a gaiden chapter with no overarcing importance whatsoever. Awakening's plot would have benefitted from the Walhart arc being extended into the whole plot imo, with Say'ri as a main character, if not the main lord alongside Robin. Walhart's the only really compelling villain in the whole game imo aside from Mufasa who only appears from one chapter but is salvaged by his large amount of dialogue the player manditorily sees.

Also yes, Lunatic+ not only has that, but also has a like, 40% chance that any given enemy shows up with Counter as a skill, in addition to giving skills like Luna+ and Sol+ which always activate. Grima's Dragonskin gets even more absurd in Lunatic+ cause I'm pretty sure he gets a version of Pavise that always activates on top of Rightful God which is an even better version of Rightful King.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
To be fair, I did enjoy the second arc of Awakening story wise. The whole Walhart the Conqueror arc was much more interesting and better pulled off than Acts 1 and 3, which is funny because it's basically a gaiden chapter with no overarcing importance whatsoever. Awakening's plot would have benefitted from the Walhart arc being extended into the whole plot imo, with Say'ri as a main character, if not the main lord alongside Robin. Walhart's the only really compelling villain in the whole game imo aside from Mufasa who only appears from one chapter but is salvaged by his large amount of dialogue the player manditorily sees.
Yeah, it really was, wasn't it? Better executed, I mean.
I'm not entirely sure it was irrelevant, the war did give Validar time to get supplies while Chrom and Co. weren't watching him, but it did come outta nowhere and I'm not sure it was ever referenced again. And I would've probably been okay with Validar just having those supplies though, so maybe it was kinda pointless to have. But it was enjoyable, so I can forgive its irrelevance to the plot.
Maybe Valm would've been integrated better if you'd fought the Grimleal for a few chapters, maybe confronted Validar and beat him up, then had Valm show up when you thought everything on your continent was cool so you wouldn't have the burning question of hey-guys-shouldn't-someone-be-watching-Plegia staring you in the face the whole time you're fighting Walhart and his army. Not sure when you'd get Lucina in all that, but it might flow a bit better. Maybe.
And why wasn't Say'ri at least temporarily given Lord-status for that part? It would've made sense, and I thought you were supposed to so I dragged her into every map despite her being kinda weak compared to the rest of my team the first time around (I did a bit of grinding to get Donnel into a real class, so maybe my team was a bit more overpowered than they should've been). And why doesn't she get a kid too? That bothered me when I got her; there's clearly room for some romantic option (I'm pretty sure that as it is, one or two guys get no kids) and the supports weren't really stingy about who could get with who until now, so I dunno what the problem was there.

Incidentally, this is a rather minor nitpick, but why the hell doesn't Donnel get to promote into a class with Lances as a weapon? It just seems weird that he gets two other classes, which each promote into two classes, and still manages to have zero ways to reclass or promote into something that uses Lances, so that rank ends up completely pointless. And I usually hate pointless things (unless they're fun).
If only Donnel had been one of the children, so you could pass down a lance-using class or two to him.

Also yes, Lunatic+ not only has that, but also has a like, 40% chance that any given enemy shows up with Counter as a skill, in addition to giving skills like Luna+ and Sol+ which always activate. Grima's Dragonskin gets even more absurd in Lunatic+ cause I'm pretty sure he gets a version of Pavise that always activates on top of Rightful God which is an even better version of Rightful King.
Oh wow, that is some glorious bulls*** right there. I mean, s*** man, EVERY ENEMY can have Counter? That thing's bulls*** enough when it's restricted to Berserkers (or was it Warriors?); let me guess, every General has it by default too. And Luna and Sol that always activate? That sounds positively torturous to deal with. Can enemies get an always-activating Aether too? Because that seems like the next logical step after giving those things out. And Hawkeye shows up a lot on this mode too, right? With those two skills as well, I presume? That's just beautiful.
And Grima gets Dragonskin AND Pavise+ AND Rightful King-but-better? F*** me that's insane. The probably-inevitable Lunatic+ in Fates has had a very high standard set for it now, if I ever decide to do it (or more accurately, watch YouTube videos of someone else doing it).

Edit for news re: Fates
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...2-versions-officially-confirmed-for-the-west/
This is a thing. Also being split into two versions officially confirmed for international release. That too is a thing.

Last edited:

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Hmm, this is pretty big news concerning Luna, Lazward, and Odin (the Awakening child look-alikes):

http://pastebin.com/uGqN4QZ6 (or read it directly below)

LAZWARD: Odin.

ODIN: Lazward... What's the matter? Why the somber face?

LAZWARD: Are we really the people we are? Are our memories real?

ODIN: Huh...?

LAZWARD: It's been a while since we came here, hasn't it. Both you and I, Odin. We've become Marx and Leon's servants, and started acting like we were always here.

ODIN: So you're saying it feels like we've become different people?

LAZWARD: Yeah. This world, the people, and even our names, they're all different, and it makes me think, maybe our memories of the other world were all a dream. That maybe our other selves are long dead, and we're totally different people from them...

ODIN: Don't be ridiculous, man. That other world undoubtedly existed, and you are exactly who you are. Once our duties here end, we need to go back. If either of those worlds is a dream, it would have to be this one.

LAZWARD: It's like we've always been dreaming, isn't it?

ODIN: ...

LAZWARD: Hey, remember when our very first world was destroyed? After that... we managed to reunite with our moms in the next world, and fought until we defeated the evil dragon.

ODIN: Yeah, how could I ever forget? That feeling the moment we slayed that dragon... I can't even put it into worlds.

LAZWARD: It was fun being in that world, wasn't it? Searching for tiaras, getting chased by bears...

ODIN: Hahaha... that really takes me back. Of course I remember it all. It's not something you dreamed up.

LAZWARD: Yeah, when I talk to you, I understand. I'm glad I didn't come alone this time. If I had... I might not be able to bear it.

ODIN: Lazward...

LAZWARD: Thanks for listening, Odin. It really helped. I guess that technically fulfills the promise we made way back, huh?

ODIN: Promise? What promise?

LAZWARD: That festival way back when, right? You said you'd gimme a shoulder to lean on in hard times.

ODIN: Ah... that's right.

Oh, it's almost time to move out. Let's go, Azur[Inigo].

LAZWARD: Huh!? What did you just-

ODIN: What's the matter, Azur of the Blue Skies? Didn't catch me saying your real name? Nothing wrong with that every once in a while, is there? There's nobody else around. Not even Serena[Severa] would have a problem with that... I hope.

LAZWARD: Ah... ahahaha... Thanks... Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now.

ODIN: Alright, you've finally smiled. That's a better look for you. You look your best with a smile... You always have.

LAZWARD: You too, Eudes[Owain]. You haven't changed a bit either. No matter where we go, we'll still be ourselves.

Also, I'm not sure what this is from, I THINK it's Luna's S-Support with Kamui, but I could be wrong:

(Includes Japanese voice recording + quote from support)

http://yourunderwaterskies.tumblr.com/post/122325885148/kittanking-if-its-just-you-then-telling-you

“If it’s just you, then telling you is fine. My actual name is Serena[Severa]. But even Camilla-sama doesn’t know, so don’t tell anyone, okay?”

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Hmm, this is pretty big news concerning Luna, Lazward, and Odin (the Awakening child look-alikes):

http://pastebin.com/uGqN4QZ6 (or read it directly below)

Also, I'm not sure what this is from, I THINK it's Luna's S-Support with Kamui, but I could be wrong:

(Includes Japanese voice recording + quote from support)

They're actually Owain/Inigo/Severa?
How did I not see that coming?
That... That's actually a pretty nice twist right there. I kinda like it.
So are Not-Gaius, Not-Cordelia and Not-Tharja also secretly their Awakening counterparts?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
They're actually Owain/Inigo/Severa?
How did I not see that coming?
That... That's actually a pretty nice twist right there. I kinda like it.
So are Not-Gaius, Not-Cordelia and Not-Tharja also secretly their Awakening counterparts?
Well, those at Serenes Forest are assuming that's what it means. I personally think Luna, Lazward, and Odin are Severa, Inigo, and Owain (given the supports), but there are some who don't believe it.

I don't think the Grey, Matoi, and Shara are Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja. HOWEVER, there are multiple theories going around. One is that their names are anagrams: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54923&p=3836782

Tharja = Sarya (サーリャ) --> Syara (シャラ) = Shara

Gaius = Gaia (ガイア) = Guire --> Gurei (グレイ) = Grey

Cordelia = Tiamo --> Matoi
Basically, no one (from Serenes) really thinks they're the same people, rather just reincarnations. It's an explanation why all 6 characters have the same personality (and looks) as their Awakening counterpart.

There is also some bit of dialogue in Shara (Not Tharja) x Female Kamui S-Support where Shara explains being reincarnated. I can't really find that link though... it's hidden deep within the Serenes Forest hype thread XD. I'll try, though.

EDIT: As we know, each amiibo (Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina) has a specific chapter for themselves.

And in the case of Lucina...
(These are rough translations, some grammar may be off.)
Odin: What...!? L-Lucina!? You, what are you doing here!?

Lucina: Oh my... Owain, is that you? You came here too...! I'm so happy to see you, Owain!!

Odin: Uwah...! O-oi, Lucina, don't call my real name so loudly!! You're strange as always...

Lucina: What's wrong..?

Odin: No... You're not the Lucina I know... Not the Lucina that fought with me...

Lucina: Ufufu. What's with you all of a sudden? Is it one of your acts again?

Odin: ...Ah, that's right. It's fine with me if you think it's an act. But for now, whoever you are, I'll have you stop calling my real name! Listen up, over here, my name is the reborn warrior clad in darkness... Jet black Odin.

Lucina: That's right, Owain! Have you learnt more killer techniques? I haven't seen them in a long time... Your blue flame sword!

Odin: Oiiiii! Listen to me until the end!!
Lucina: Ah, Severa!

Luna: !? Y-you are... Lucina!!? What are you here!?

Lucina: That's... Somehow I got the feeling someone was calling me, and before I knew it, I was here.

Luna: Haah? What's with that... Then, what about the others... ...!?

Lucina: Um... What's wrong?

Luna: No... You're not... You're not that Lucina I know... An enemy's trap...? Although, I'm not getting a bad feeling...

Lucina: Eh..?

Luna: There's no choice... I'll take my time listening to your reasons later. It's troublesome that you have Lucina's face... But I'm already long used to defeating people I know!!

Lucina: Eeh!? S-Severa...!!?

Luna: Wrong! Now, I'm Luna! Remember this... Never call me by that name again!
Lazward: Hm? Over there... There's a cute girl! Hey, have a moment? You over there, how'd you like to...

Lucina: Inigo!?

Lazward: Eeeeh!? You... Lucina!!!!!?

Lucina: Yes!

Lazward: W-why are you here... Or rather, if you call me by that name, it'll be troublesome...

Lucina: Fufu... I didn't even imagine we would meet here. Somehow your aura has changed, so I didn't recognise you immediately. Flirting the moment we meet, you're the same as always. That's right, if you win this battle, I'll have tea with you.

Lazward: R-really!? Yay! Okay, I'll try my best...! If I win, let's have a good chat! Then at that time, we'll talk... About who exactly you are and why you look like Lucina.

Lucina: Eh, did you say something?

Lazward: Nothing! Well, let's fight!

And again for Robin...

Odin: It can't be, you are...

Robin: Eh...? Do you know me...?

Odin: No... Those clothes, I remember them a little... But, what's with this feeling... Who exactly are you...?

Robin: Apologies. My memory is fuzzy, so... I can't remember you. But if we fight, I may learn something. Well then, don't hold back and come at me!

Odin: .........
Lazward: ...........

Robin: ...? What's wrong? Aren't you going to fight?

Lazward: No, I'll fight. But as for whether I'm a match for you... Honestly, I have no confidence.

Robin: You sure are timid. Although you seem so strong. Even so, perhaps this is strategy? Making your opponents let their guard down is basics after all.

Lazward: I guess you're right... I don't mind if you think of it like that. ........ It's okay... It's just a resemblance. This isn't ther person I'm thinking of. Still, it takes me back... I wonder if I'm mistaken.
Luna: Erm... You there! Let me see your face!
Robin: W-what's with you, all of a sudden...!?

Luna: Staaaaaare.

Robin: Eeh?

Luna: Hmmm... I see. You're just a stranger that looks like him. I got so nervous, how silly of me... If you're a different person, then don't wear such confusing clothes!

Robin: W-what's with you... Is this a trap to confuse me...!?

Luna: Don't misunderstand, okay!? There's no way I'd use such a cliched trap!! If you're a different person, I won't go easy on you. The me right now, will be able to defeat you...!

Some at Serenes say that this is a different Lucina. After reading the dialogue, I'd have to agree with that statement.

Last edited:

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Wow jesus these clone characters are even lazier than I thought, WOW! Especially after they said before that Fates would be completely unrelated to awakening. What a load of ****.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Would it kill you to be positive once in a while? Talk about another Fire Emblem game, go to a different thread, OR just not reply to us *gasp*. Your pessimistic attitude isn't helpful. You're already not buying the game, you don't have to complain about it any more than you already did.

Go make a PM with another person who hates the game, because I don't think ILikeKirbys and I don't need you to rain on our parade. It's exciting to us.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I wasn't aware the Fire Emblem social thread wasn't the place to discuss how we feel about Fire Emblem. It being exciting to you is a valid feeling, and that's great, I'm glad characters you enjoy are in this game. But that doesn't overwrite nor make my feelings about the situation less valid. I will express how I feel about it as much as you will. If what I say comes across as negative then I'm sorry but that's much more your perception of it than me trying to be negative. Chill out man.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
@Tommy That's be like saying you should just make a PM with someone who likes the game and leave other people to complain here lol, this is a public forum for discussion about fire emblem, not a FE:fates positivity thread.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
On the topic of the amiibo I don't see why they would be a different Lucina or Robin. It certainly seems to be a Robin around the time they first woke up, while lucina seems to be a pre-teleporting to the Awakening-Verse lucina, but as far as I can tell it's still their alpha selves as much as these characters are the same people they were in awakening. They're just postgame versions of themselves while the other two are not.

I wonder if Ike has unique dialogue with anybody.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
@Tommy That's be like saying you should just make a PM with someone who likes the game and leave other people to complain here lol, this is a public forum for discussion about fire emblem, not a FE:fates positivity thread.
The difference is mine is for praise, yours is for hate. I'm talking positively, and typically negative comments aren't appreciated. It's not the same thing.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
The difference is mine is for praise, yours is for hate. I'm talking positively, and typically negative comments aren't appreciated. It's not the same thing.
Idk, I don't think people like positivity when it's about something they don't like same as people don't like negativity about things they do. You can't really get rid of one side of the conversation.

Either way, I think it's pretty reasonable to be negative about a game that let's you strip and rub your siblings.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
btw fire emblem fates is not incest: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&p=3838965

Kamui: Ryouma-nii-san. Is it alright if I talk to you today as well?

Ryouma: Ah, Kamui. Recently, you've been coming to me for that a lot.

Kamui: Yes. When I look at this ring that I received from you, I get in the mood to hear more.

Ryouma: I see...

Kamui: Is there something wrong? It seems that you aren't too happy...

Ryouma: No, it's nothing...

Kamui: But... you look like you are really in pain, so I'm worried. Is there no way I could help?

Ryouma: ….............Kamui... With you worrying about me like this... It makes me want to tell you. I wonder... if father and mother would forgive me.

Kamui: …?

Ryouma: … Kamui. There is something I must apologize for to you. Until now, I've been talking about familial bonds, but... I... I am not your brother.

Kamui: … Huh!? W-What is the meaning of this!?

Ryouma: It is just that. You and I, we are not related by blood.

Kamui: Th-that's impossible... Ryouma-nii-san and I, we share the same father! I am aware that our mothers are not the same, but we should be half-siblings...

Ryouma: …............No, you're wrong. As the only one of us siblings, I heard the truth from our father... from King Sumeragi. You are not King Sumeragi's child.

Kamui: !!

Ryouma: When Queen Mikoto married King Sumeragi and came to Bykuya (Hoshido)...She brought her child that lived in her home country with her. That would be you...Kamui. King Sumeragi... He knew it was not his real child, yet since it was the child of the woman he loved... He decided to raise it as his own. Surely you know that his love for you was very deep.

Kamui: Yes... King Sumeragi... Father really did love me. Even know that I know the truth... I still believe that King Sumeragi was my father. But then... Then... Who, is my real father...?

Ryouma: … I don't know that either. King Sumeragi also wouldn't answer that.

Kamui: I... see...

Ryouma: … I had no intention of ever telling this to anyone. Not my real siblings... and not you of course.

Kamui: … Then, why...?

Ryouma: I knew it would hurt you, yet I still told you... The reason for that is that I wanted to forge a bond between us that goes beyond that of siblings. … I love you, not as a sibling, but as a woman.

Kamui: ! Ryouma-nii-san...!

Ryouma: … I wouldn't lie about my feelings. I couldn't keep on living while lying to you... I want to stand by your side. I have no intentions of letting someone else take you.

Kamui: …............ In that case, I will also... tell you my feelings.

Ryouma: Yes...

Kamui: I was admiring you. … Not as an older brother, but as a man. But as siblings, these feelings would have been unforgivable. I was intending to keep this a secret for my whole life, but... If Ryouma-nii-san feels the same... Is it alright if I don't?

Ryouma: Yes, of course...!!

Kamui: I see... I'm... happy. You stopped being my brother... But in return, you became even dearer to me. Please... stay at my side, always.

Ryouma: Yes. From now on, I'll keep forming memories with you, as my partner... This, I swear... On this new ring.

Kamui: This is...

Ryouma: … It's different from that of my siblings. To prove the love between us... Please accept it.

Kamui: Thank you. Fufu, having two rings like this seems kind of luxurious.

Ryouma: Not at all. You are loved, by both me and our siblings... This is what this ring represents.

Kamui: By my... siblings...?

Ryouma: Yes. Once you've married me, they'll be your siblings after all, right? (this sounds weird af? ok)

Kamui: Ah...! ...Fufu, that's right. Yes... (had difficulties with this next part so i left it out but it's something about 'difficult bonds'. difficult indeed.) I'll treasure them (the two rings) for the rest of my life!

So basically.
1. Mikoto had you with some unknown person (dragon? i don't know anymore. maybe he shows up during the 3rd path? and then it turns out he's evil, and that he wanted to use you as a vessel, and then your mom took you with her to save you from... oh........)
2. Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura all share the same parents - King Sumeragi and some unknown person, presumably dead.

In short: You are, in fact, Mikoto's child as it stands right now, the other siblings are not related to you by blood at all.
No half-siblings, no half-incest whatsoever.
Technically, the loyalty vs. blood thing also wasn't a lie: Mikoto still is your blood relative, you still are Hoshidan.

I guess this makes things a little less awkward? At least less awkward than romancing the people you actually did grow up with as they're essentially strangers.

Basically, your Hoshidan "siblings" are not actually related in any way (meaning this is not incest). Well, that's one something to clear out of the way.

They have a different mother and father than Kamui does.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom