• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fork Vs. Spoon

Which team did you pick?

• Total voters

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Spoon worshipping aside, from the current vote count I'd actually say that Pearl might have the more popular cutlery cult.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ugh, have to travel so I'm speed running to royalty tonight. But given last month's splatfest teams performances there's no telling how long it'll take me.

And can you eat that with a spoon?
Puncturing the soul causes it to lose its flavor or introduce new unintended flavors, such as pain and suffering, when all you wanted was a succulent, happy soul to savor.

That and The Tick are why I'm snuggling with Team Bodypillow Bodyspoon Spoon for this fest.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Just finished up getting Fork King.

Had a Win:Lose ratio of 19:4. Honestly, I'm genuinely surprised by that outcome. My record Power Score was a 2209, ended with a 2190.

While playing, I swore there were quite a few matches that frustrated me. But then again, I had myself saying "What? We had more?" for like 30% of those matches. Like matches where we were getting creamed towards the end and just looking at the end results you'd think we'd lost, but somehow we won by less than 1%.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I wasn't counting my win/losses, neither do I have a phone on me, but I won way more than I lost. It started off rough, but then got a lot easier as I went on. Tried out the Light Tetras and played pretty aggressive. My teams were pretty okay, and we ended up spawn camping the opposite team a lot. I don't think I'll be playing anymore after this, so gg to both the fork pals and the spoons we went against.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Well I've managed to be consistently get paired up with a game thrower, a WUT member who'd party every game with zero kills and zero specials... If he's been throwing matches to the point he got to Fork Champion it will be a thorn in our side.

Just had a match where the poor Spooners team was all chargers, A Gootuber + Custom and a Splat + Firefin.

On a further side note I've never seen so many inkstorms as once, I'm not the only one who's seeing up to 3 inkstorms terrorizing your side of shifty station am I?

Last edited:

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Can someone explain this shifty station to me please?
It's sorta like forts, each side has switches that when inked will then open that sides gate allowing your team to enter ink their spawn.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
19-9 win-lose ratio for team Spoon ....had about 3 mirror matches. Based on my friends list, Team Spoon is more popular. I picked team Spoon because the first thing I thought was cereal. I eat cereal A LOT but when I think about it, there are more foods I actually eat with a fork.

So they announced the latest Splatfest in North America. Fork vs. Spoon! What are your thoughts? Which team did you pick? Why? I feel these Splatfest ideas are getting stranger and stranger all the time. Anyway, I'm on the fence about which team to pick. Wondering what your thoughts are on this.
Your profile pic is the cutest :)

SamPokeball

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4712-0785-3700
Fork is less popular I haven’t gotten any mirror matches.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

It seems that Spoon is doing very well during the matches that I have played, only two losses so far and a lot of victories, even when things got really bad, my team somehow pulled through, now that's the type of teammate that I like!:)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well I've managed to be consistently get paired up with a game thrower, a WUT member who'd party every game with zero kills and zero specials... If he's been throwing matches to the point he got to Fork Champion it will be a thorn in our side.
That reminds me of this one game I had. I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't intending to throw the match, but he literally spent the entire 3 minutes on our third of the map on Shifty Station. It was a Sploosh, all he did was paint the area behind base for the entire game to the point of spotlessness, never entered the mid area, never tried to fight anybody. So the entirely of mid was basically a 3v4.

Also, on a side note.
I just noticed, I think SplatNet2 for some reason stopped recording Shifty Station matches, I have some of my early ones of the first rotation recorded but the later ones and the ones I did during second map rotation are missing. Strange. I suppose that explains why I felt more frustration, but I'm also pretty sure I won most of those Shifty Station games (if not at least by that dumb sub 1% margin).

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This was such a ****ing stupid Splatfest idea. I only went team Fork because I wanted free wins, and also out of a vain hope that they'd reuse the red ink for the team. Alas, we got pepto-bismol again, and the wins... mostly weren't free. (Not that I mind, I prefer challenging matchups anyhow, but still.) At least the Shifty Station layout was pretty neat.

Anyway, 17W/12L and finishing at 2088.3FP (Max 2128 or so). 24 snails await.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
19-9 win-lose ratio for team Spoon ....had about 3 mirror matches. Based on my friends list, Team Spoon is more popular. I picked team Spoon because the first thing I thought was cereal. I eat cereal A LOT but when I think about it, there are more foods I actually eat with a fork.

Your profile pic is the cutest :)
Thanks; someone drew it for me. It's supposed to be my brother (bff) and me as our squid kids. :)

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
seems you guys had the same shifty station we had in the europe splatfest! o: i must admit i wasn't very fond of this shifty map,it's just to small and chaotic for me because the middle part when both gates are closed is so small and chaotic when all 8 players are alive and in the middle,even though my performance wasn't bad on this map i just couldn't get myself to like it >~>

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So let me regale you with a story. I was at a restaurant, about to eat a slice of apple pie for dessert, and they bring me a spoon. Like what the hell am I supposed to do with this? I struggled for like two minutes to get one bite when my friend's mother jokingly asked me if I'd prefer her chopsticks.

Of COURSE I took those chopsticks, and it was infinitely easier than a damned spoon. Anyone who tells me that you can eat more food with a spoon is going to get a stern and serious laughing-at.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
win-loss 11.jpg

I'd like to thank Potato, AllToonedUp, Flopps, Saber, Mar$el, Silver, Hunter, Husky, Skyguys, and Quric for teaming up with me for this splatfest. I wound up playing most of the day and getting the most enjoyment out of this game I've had in months, winning almost every single match today. This new win-loss record only happened thanks to you guys and your incredible teamwork! Massive kudos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom