Free Splatoon content stops officially at the end of January. So I wanna ask you something.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ok so it has recently OFFICIALLY been confirmed that splatoons free weekly updates and all content together are ending at this January. Nintendo knows that 70% approx of the community know about the last 2 weapons and 85% know about the new map before I go any further I want you to know there are spoilers ahead so read with care

The final two weapons as most of us know are just custom weapons
[/SPOILER custom hydra splatling and custom sloshing machine]

And there's one last map
ancho V games
But we know Nintendo right? and they wouldn't just stop abruptly would they??

I believe Nintendo will release something BIG to signalise the end of splatoons content so here's my question put 3 or more ideas of a big finish that Nintendo could put in game for a big finish and then 3 Or more ideas for PAID DLC content

Nintendo only said FREE content would stop so could this mean that paid content could come

(Splatfests and bug patches will still continue

So I'm gonna go first

BIG FINISH IDEAS:
1. Playable octolings, something I've wanted for ages
2. Map creator. An option to create your own stages that you can put up for download or put in private battles so you can play your maps with friends
3. Voice chat yes I said that I can't count the many times I have screamed "TEAM WHAT THE FUDGING HELL WHY ARE YOU INKING THAT WALL *gets splatted* THATS YOUR FUDGING FAULT TEAMMATE NOONE EVER NEEDS YOU OR WANTS YOU IM THE ONLY GOOOODDD PLAYER *results pop up everyone does good but me and I get 1 splat 24 deaths xD*

Paid DLC
1. the option to buy more hairstyles for your inkling/octolings
2.design your own gear with your own ability choice.
3. My personal favourite WEAPON CREATOR yes you pay for 24 hours in which you can create your own weapons with your personal stats you can only create 3 weapons with each purchase and you can only purchase 1 every 48 hours every time you pay for the weapon creator the weapons you've previously made are available again and you can create 3 more when the 24 hours run out you must wait another 24 in order to buy this again when it runs out the weapons you made turn grey signaling your purchase has ran out.

Last edited:

ChaoticEnergy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Muscanator
I highly doubt the weapon and map creator and the other make your own things. Playable octolings? I'd say 50/50, but I'm leaning towards no.

I do think there will be some kind of paid DLC though.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I highly doubt the weapon and map creator and the other make your own things. Playable octolings? I'd say 50/50, but I'm leaning towards no.
I know the map creator and weapon creators are a defined no but it would be fun and the maps would be crazy

Think of chargers with charge up times of bamboozlers range of e litre 3k scopes and damage of 120% with just charging it half full

Rollers with the range of a dynamo power of a hydra and speed of a carbon with splat bombs and kraken OH GOD

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I know the map creator and weapon creators are a defined no but it would be fun and the maps would be crazy

Think of chargers with charge up times of bamboozlers range of e litre 3k scopes and damage of 120% with just charging it half full

Rollers with the range of a dynamo power of a hydra and speed of a carbon with splat bombs and kraken OH GOD
So you want a pay-to-win system after January?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I'd love playable octolings because I think in octoling form the are the cutest thing ever. I think the only things I'd really like are more gear. It would be so nice to have gear that I think looks good with the abilities I like. But looks like I'll be stuck with gear I don't think looks great with abilities I like.

I'd also like more weapons, I would LOVE a brush with burst bombs. Maybe that would be too OP. It probably would be. But man it would be epic.

As for other things... I'm glad voice chat isn't an inbuilt thing. This game is competitive and obviously I want to win, but just imagine all the kids and squids who rage and troll. Not to mention how much it would suck for someone with a less common language. I like that we can organise it ourselves but not have it as something you need to do to win.

Also it's fun trying to predict what on earth the other kids on your team are doing. Sometimes you just want to give them a whack for being a moron, but even then I don't get too annoyed. It's just the way the game is, and I love it.

I do think there will be some kind of paid DLC though.
I thought so too, but one of the people behind it has said there won't be ( http://www.gamnesia.com/news/there-are-no-plans-for-any-paid-dlc-in-splatoon )

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Although a map editor/creator would get all of my support. Weaponcrafting & Octolings less so.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Map creators would be something I'd see them add if we were to get a sequel. Even then it seem like something that would be more fitting to be restricted to a Private Battles environment.
Weapon crafting I'm gonna say is a huge no since our restricted weapon set system was designed with the exact opposite intentions a weapon crafting system would bring. Or if it were to be a thing, restricted to Private Battles, still seems more fitting as sequel material.
Octolings I'm still 50/50 with, honestly I don't actually care about that topic really. If it becomes a thing, great, if not then whatever, it isn't.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
3. Voice chat yes I said that I can't count the many times I have screamed "TEAM WHAT THE FUDGING HELL WHY ARE YOU INKING THAT WALL *gets splatted* THATS YOUR FUDGING FAULT TEAMMATE NOONE EVER NEEDS YOU OR WANTS YOU IM THE ONLY GOOOODDD PLAYER *results pop up everyone does good but me and I get 1 splat 24 deaths xD*
That is EXACTLY why we DON'T have voice chat.

Also, I'm 90% sure Nintendo confirmed paid DLC will never happen

I think they will add octolings and a dance/taunt thing in a final 3.0 update, and maybe increase the level cap to 99

I think they will add octolings and a dance/taunt thing in a final 3.0 update, and maybe increase the level cap to 99
Eh, that I wouldn't be so enthusiastic for. It's hellish enough getting to rank 20 & 50.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I'm pretty sure they're just going to stick to rebalancing and Splatfests after January. The only thing I don't feel certain about is Callie & Marie amiibos. I just have a hunch that if Splatoon does get any additional content, it will be in those.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Eh, that I wouldn't be so enthusiastic for. It's hellish enough getting to rank 20 & 50.
Unless you are trying to get shiny/pure gear from re-rolls, level bonuses are only cosmetic, so it wouldn't matter very much

Now that you mention it, @Spraylan, I'm kinda curious about those myself. If they're really a thing, I wonder how they'd be implemented. Extra amiibo challenges? Callie/Marie clothes & wig? Or is it the unthinkable—they'd have us actually play as the Squid Sisters?

But I'll wait and see if anything comes out of that before I get too interested. This isn't the first time that these have been mentioned, so I'm inclined to believe there is something to it...

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
So you want a pay-to-win system after January?
Technically not as there would be other people using it in matches too so there'd always be a weapon to counter it and nothing goes to say your good at that weapon

Map creators would be something I'd see them add if we were to get a sequel. Even then it seem like something that would be more fitting to be restricted to a Private Battles environment.
Weapon crafting I'm gonna say is a huge no since our restricted weapon set system was designed with the exact opposite intentions a weapon crafting system would bring. Or if it were to be a thing, restricted to Private Battles, still seems more fitting as sequel material.
Octolings I'm still 50/50 with, honestly I don't actually care about that topic really. If it becomes a thing, great, if not then whatever, it isn't.
Yes private battle restricted but I mentioned download as in to download the maps to put in your private battle
That is EXACTLY why we DON'T have voice chat.

Also, I'm 90% sure Nintendo confirmed paid DLC will never happen

I don't care the six year old kids need to know their doing everything wrong xD
Yes a dance/taunt I'd love that taunting over your splatted oponnents body mwahahahaahaahaha and yes increase the level cap it's not like I just got 50 but I'm almost S+99 and when I reach that what am I gonna do but splatfests and private battles another increased level cap would be great for me

Now that you mention it, @Spraylan, I'm kinda curious about those myself. If they're really a thing, I wonder how they'd be implemented. Extra amiibo challenges? Callie/Marie clothes & wig? Or is it the unthinkable—they'd have us actually play as the Squid Sisters?

But I'll wait and see if anything comes out of that before I get too interested. This isn't the first time that these have been mentioned, so I'm inclined to believe there is something to it...
I believe the Marie and callie amiibos were made up to get everyone hyped for nothing

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Paid DLC for weapon creator sounds like the worst thing that can happen to splatoon. Heck, making it free would be equally as horrible. It would make every weapon in the game obsolete and the meta would just be filled with stupid broken weapons. Blaster with RBP range and fire rate and luna blaster splash damage. Shooters with aerospray fire rate, .96 gal damage and jet squelcher range. And don't get me started on sub weapon and specials. Map editor does sound fun, but not anything we're getting now. Also voice chat would suck. The last thing we need is splatoon turning into call of duty. They could do friend voice chat, but the wii u mic is **** anyways.

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Technically not as there would be other people using it in matches too so there'd always be a weapon to counter it and nothing goes to say your good at that weapon
That would still be incredibly broken, whether everyone used it or not. People who paid would get a pretty big advantage over people who didn't.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24

Yes private battle restricted but I mentioned download as in to download the maps to put in your private battle

I don't care the six year old kids need to know their doing everything wrong xD
Then how would we get easy kills? And in ranked, where it actually matters, at S rank (since you said you are at S+) 6 year olds shouldn't be a problem

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
By Nintendo or by the player who said they found the files?
I believe it was the player who found it Nintendo never said they had any other amiibos planned and it did turn out to be fake
That would still be incredibly broken, whether everyone used it or not. People who paid would get a pretty big advantage over people who didn't.
pay or lose simple. XD jk but seriously I said it because I would like it I was not and I still won't take any other person into any consideration
Then how would we get easy kills? And in ranked, where it actually matters, at S rank (since you said you are at S+) 6 year olds shouldn't be a problem
Easy kills are worthless I don't feel any pride getting them I just feel like a ******* when I do such as camping at a superjumping person or killing someone who's game pad ran out of charge
When I mentioned six year olds I was talking about splatfests in which they can't cooperate with me plus my 6 year old bro is S ranked so 6 year olds can be good players

I've gotta laugh at how your all criticizing my opinions yet nearly no one is commenting there own this was the whole idea of the thread for everyone to be creative

Paid DLC for weapon creator sounds like the worst thing that can happen to splatoon. Heck, making it free would be equally as horrible. It would make every weapon in the game obsolete and the meta would just be filled with stupid broken weapons. Blaster with RBP range and fire rate and luna blaster splash damage, shooters with aerospray fire rate, .96 gal damage and jet squelcher range. And don't get me started on sub weapon and specials. Map editor does sound fun, but not anything we're getting now. Also voice chat would suck. The last thing we need is splatoon turning into call of duty. Like they could do friend voice chat, but the wii u mic is **** anyways.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO CAN VALIDLY CRITICIZE MY IDEA AND NOT ANNOY ME DOING SO AND GIVE A SMART RESPONZE DEAR LORD THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING THAT

But like I said I only took my thoughts into consideration this was the whole point

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I've gotta laugh at how your all criticizing my opinions yet nearly no one is commenting there own this was the whole idea of the thread for everyone to be creative
Welcome to the internet.

I think Splatoon needs a map & mode selection, but I don't see that happening. It also needs an online coop/story mode, but I don't expect that either. Online Boss or mob rush modes would be fun. Weapon select in story mode could offer a gentler learning curve on some weapons that multiplayer doesn't offer. Splatoon could also do with a bit more canon worldbuilding, but I doubt that will happen as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom