Free Splatoon content stops officially at the end of January. So I wanna ask you something.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
If they're gonna keep the map rotation thing, they should definitely make it so there's more than 2 maps per rotation. 2 is just too repetitive for 4 hours straight. I would say three, but seeing as how we have so many maps now 4 or 5 can definitely be better. Also splatfest suffers from the same problem. 3 maps for 24 hours straight is so boring. Just rotate the maps like normal or heck maybe rotate the maps every 6 hours. IDC just as long as it's not for 24 freaking hours.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Welcome to the internet.

I think Splatoon needs a map & mode selection, but I don't see that happening. It also needs an online coop/story mode, but I don't expect that either. Online Boss or mob rush modes would be fun. Weapon select in story mode could offer a gentler learning curve on some weapons that multiplayer doesn't offer. Splatoon could also do with a bit more canon worldbuilding, but I doubt that will happen as well.
Great ideas but like you said it's unlikely unfortunately even thought there good ideas

If they're gonna keep the map rotation thing, they should definitely make it so there's more than 2 maps per rotation. 2 is just too repetitive for 4 hours straight. I would say three, but seeing as how we have so many maps now 4 or 5 can definitely be better. Also splatfest suffers from the same problem. 3 maps for 24 hours straight is so boring. Just rotate the maps like normal or heck maybe rotate the maps every 6 hours. IDC just as long as it's not for 24 freaking hours.
True maybe every 3 hours s that every map can be on the rotation I'm fed up for waiting for another Splatfest with moray towers on and by that I mean EU I know Americans just had moray

Last edited by a moderator:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Are there things I want? Absolutely. Do I expect the devs to even consider them? Not really. It's their game, and they have a better idea of what it should be than I do. I have a bit of faith that they'll make the right calls.

A lot of the stuff in this thread seems like good stuff for a sequel, but perhaps not this iteration. Only the Octolings have any feasible chance of getting in—and even then, it's not something that's guaranteed.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Who said anything about Callie and Marie amiibo's anyways?
The only tweet I can remember mentioning that, were tweets from Nikki.
And she was just joking around with these, at the time.

But i do remember someone mentioning, that dataminers found data for a new amiibo.
But no confirmation on what amiibo it is.
If it is only one amiibo though, then it could very well be an Octoling-amiibo.
But that is just me.

In any case, I guess this comes as no surprise, that I vouce for playable Octolings.
Come on, we had all the teasing and the datamining.
If there is any good time to let the Octo-Amazon's loose, it's now, as a big finale.

As for Weapon/Map-Creator.... Really, guys?
This isn't Super Mario Maker.

And voice chat, for reasons that have been repeated countless times already. NO!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Who said anything about Callie and Marie amiibo's anyways?
The only tweet I can remember mentioning that, were tweets from Nikki.
And she was just joking around with these, at the time.

But i do remember someone mentioning, that dataminers found data for a new amiibo.
But no confirmation on what amiibo it is.
If it is only one amiibo though, then it could very well be an Octoling-amiibo.
But that is just me.

In any case, I guess this comes as no surprise, that I vouce for playable Octolings.
Come on, we had all the teasing and the datamining.
If there is any good time to let the Octo-Amazon's loose, it's now, as a big finale.

And voice chat, for reasons that have been repeated countless times already. NO!
This s gonna be a good in smash thing ain't it

Fans: WE WANT GOKU IN SMASH
Nintendo: here have a GOKU hat

Fans: WE NEED OCTOLINGS IN SPLATOON
Nintendo have an octolings amiibo

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I would really like an "OCTOLINGS" mode, which would by like ZOMBIES in CoD, but with Octolings. And have it be local two player co-op or four player online.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Tim H.

That's actually a neat idea. Although I'm not sure if I'd leave it at just fighting Octolings. Imagine having the standard 4-squid splatoon up against an entire wave of Octarian forces trying to steal a Zapfish. Something like Halo's Firefight.

Weaponcrafting I won't defend, but the map editor... for me, it's mainly my creative mind speaking. With Splatoon's multitude of nonstandard level objects (the fan platforms, the sponges, the inkrails, plus having terrain that can't be inked, etc.), well, it boggles my mind thinking of all the different possibilities for level building, rivaling Mario Maker in terms of sheer absurd hilarity. Even if most of them are crud.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
That's actually a neat idea. Although I'm not sure if I'd leave it at just fighting Octolings. Imagine having the standard 4-squid splatoon up against an entire wave of Octarian forces trying to steal a Zapfish. Something like Halo's Firefight.
That's what I originally thought the Octoling updates were for. It fits with the in-game cannon, could be a very fun coop mode, and would offer a nice change from online PvP. I hope we see something like this in the updates or a possible sequel.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I've gotta laugh at how your all criticizing my opinions yet nearly no one is commenting there own this was the whole idea of the thread for everyone to be creative
\
I said 2 things I want in Splatoon earlier, and just now I thought that it would be a cool feature if they made the map rotation hold 3 maps in each mode now since there are so many more maps than there were than when Splatoon was released.

Also, my comment was sarcastic, but I REALLY do not want voice chat, I haven't played any voice chat games in years since I just hate people randomly insulting me because they think they are going to be popular for doing that. I play Nintendo games because they are way more fun than most games, and I play games to have fun, not to become mad and disappointed because I accidentally super jumped to the wrong person and died and now have my whole team insulting me. The reason Nintendo decided that voice chat shouldn't be a thing is because of the developers bad experiences with voice chat, it's simply not necessary since it's still balanced since both teams don't have voice chat in solo queue, and it's not that game-changing since it's 4 player teams with small maps and simple objectives.

I would really like an "OCTOLINGS" mode, which would by like ZOMBIES in CoD, but with Octolings. And have it be local two player co-op or four player online.
That sounds really fun! It would be cool to work together with everyone to kill octolings and all the single player enemies!

Kyreshirem

Full Squid
NNID
Drone49
It would make every weapon in the game obsolete and the meta would just be filled with stupid broken weapons. Blaster with RBP range and fire rate and luna blaster splash damage. Shooters with aerospray fire rate, .96 gal damage and jet squelcher range. And don't get me started on sub weapon and specials
Lol yeah, I was thinking if there will be no restrictions, I will be making a blaster similar to these stats:
Range: 40
Impact: 100
Damage: 150
Fire Rate: 100
Sub Weapon: Suction Bomb
Special Weapon: Killer Wail

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Lol yeah, I was thinking if there will be no restrictions, I will be making a blaster similar to these stats:
That is disgusting. That'd probably equate to a blaster powered weapon firing at the rate of a Dual Squelcher, give or take. Also your ink would be dried out in like 2 seconds flat.

If weapon creation were to be implemented in any capacity and still at least try to keep them not being completely off the wall broken (even if restricted to Private Battle only). I'd think they'd put a limit on the total stat values you can put into the weapon. Like 150 or 160 points total seems fair across the weapons's 3 modifiable stats.

Though not that it has been mentions I really would love a more PvE oriented online mode. While PvP is find and dandy, sometimes a mode that is less about the online competitive aspect and more about the cooperative aspect would be interesting and I'd love.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Just make an E-Liter Splatling with a .1 second charge time and the Ink consumption of a Splattershot Jr. Give Splat Bombs a homing ability and extend Echolocator's duration for 30 seconds. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Octolings mode and Octavian forces that would be SUPER COOL

there's one reason I suggested the weapon crafting and map crafting to rival Mario maker like flareth said there's so much you could do plus I just hate Mario maker so I want Splatoon to put it to shame xD

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
God forbid Octolings from ever being playable, eh?

Again, the "Bot-AI" in Splatoon really isn't all that great.
All it's good for, is practice and getting into the game (which is actually the purpose of Single Player).

But for serious matches, the AI is just too weak.
It wouldn't stand a chance against most online-players.

D

Deleted Member

Imagine a gun that shoots as fast as the Aerospray with the power and range of a Killer Wail.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Paragon-Yoshi

I can't speak for everyone, but that's not what I was trying to say. If anything, being able to play as Octolings alongside AI Octarian forces would be even better. It'd really feel like you're a part of an invasion & all that.

And it's not like they can't bump up the AI's skill a few notches for the purposes of giving us a challenge.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I can't speak for everyone, but that's not what I was trying to say. If anything, being able to play as Octolings alongside AI Octarian forces would be even better. It'd really feel like you're a part of an invasion & all that.
Octolings would be perfect for this. They could have the same weapon classes as Inklings for variety. It could be set up where you kill a couple of waves of normal Octarians, a wave of Octolings, an Octostriker with minions, then a Great Octoweapon. Then, the game repeats that pattern with upped difficulty and different enemies. If you last all the way to DJ Octavio, you win. That'd be pretty bad ***, plus it would give us more time to kill some godless Octolings. They must pay for stealing the Great Zapfish!

And it's not like they can't bump up the AI's skill a few notches for the purposes of giving us a challenge.
Octoling AI is probably just a simple C++ for loop or while loop, or something similar. Something a simple as making Octolings actively hunt you from anywhere on the map and giving them a greater variety of weapons could up the difficulty a good deal. Granted, it won't be the same as a human player, but that can also be fixed with raw numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom