• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral starts looking around.

"So lets see, three worlds that need portals to be opened to, we should-" Coral gets interrupted by a loud explosion heard from behind the group. "What the heck?!"

He motions for the group to follow him, only to be met with a three-headed hydra creature whose middle head seems to be the dominant one. The color scheme is purple, black, and dark blue. The hydra has two pairs of 'wings', if they can even be called as such. The creature itself is launching attacks at the residents of the city.

"What is that?!" Coral yells out loud.

"That is a Hydreigon, a very aggressive Pokemon that attacks anything that moves. Humans even call it the Brutal Pokemon." Kyurem answers the question.

"Well, we can't just stand around, we need to stop it from harming innocent people!" Coral desperately replies.

Kyurem gets ready as he flies toward the Hydreigon to strike it down with a Dragon Claw.

(There, did an enemy encounter.)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Sazandora..." [Hydreigon...] Kirby says in thought, repeating the name he's heard. He's determined to help Kyurem, but he waits for something he can get a Copy Ability from before he helps attack Hydreigon. He attempts to inhale something that can grant him a Copy Ability, but he soon finds that his Inhale doesn't have the long reach it normally does. No matter. He's got to find a way to help.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Despite Kyurem's best efforts, he is knocked into a wall, the Dragon Claw wasn't powerful enough to hit Hydreigon hard. Coral decides to help by superjumping onto Hydreigon's back and covering its faces with ink. Hydreigon now launches Dark Pulses chaotically in an attempt to hit its adversaries. Coral is thrown off the Pokemon's back and lands on a table.

"Shoot, this portal problem is worse than I thought..." Coral says as he gets up, clearly hurt.

Kyurem gets up, growling at Hydreigon.

"Bazzazakyurom!" [That's it!] Kyurem says as he gets himself off the wall, a little angry. The spikes on his wings shoots toward the holes on his tail, with now wires connected from the two parts, Kyurem's tail begins to glow a light blue, with sparks of the same color being visible through the clear portions. His unfrozen right arm also begins to glow the same color in some parts and the tip on his black horn turns from the icy blue to the blue of his electricity.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby attempts to inhale the Dark Pulse, as the young hoshi no senshi thinks it's like lightning. Unfortunately, the Dark Pulse hits him square in the face. After a few hits, Kirby is able to successfully inhale the Dark Pulse and become... Spark Kirby! "Daburu Supāku!" [Double Spark!] Kirby exclaims, as lightning erupts from the circlet and flies towards Hydreigon.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Not seeing the lighting coming from Kirby, the Hydreigon gets struck. Kyurem uses this opportunity to use Fusion Bolt on the Brutal Pokemon. A sphere of blue electricity surrounds the Boundary Pokemon, which he uses to directly tackle Hydreigon to the ground, then follows up with another Dragon Claw, rendering Hydreigon unable to battle. Hydreigon now lays on the ground, too weak to move much.

Coral limps over to Kyurem.

"If we had to take that thing down, I fear at what might appear from more portals." Coral states his concern.

"I do not know what would come from the other worlds, as there may be threats I am not familiar with." Kyurem responds, with the wires disconnecting from his tail and retracting back into his wings.

"Regardless, we need to find out the source of this problem." Coral says. "In the meantime, I guess I should show you guys around while we recover from this battle."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby discards the Spark ability and points towards Deca Tower, a childlike sense of wonder taking over. After all, he's a baby. The pink hero attempts to go in, but it won't open because he's not an Inkling or Octoling.

Cephalobro

"Oh, that's for cephalopods to participate in ink battle sports, whether it's Turf War, Rainmaker, Tower Control, or Clam Blitz." Coral explains to Kirby.

"Turf War?!" Kyurem sounds alarmed at the word 'war' in the name.

"Relax, it's not an actual war, it's a competition to see which team inks more ground in a 3 minute time limit. And no one actually dies in it, they just come back." Coral reassures Kyurem. "In fact, we can go to one of the locations to see a Turf War match unfold."

Cephalobro

"It looks like a new Turf War match is about to happen at Ancho-V games. I could get you to the train that goes there, but I think the other riders are most likely terrified already." Coral considers the option.

"There will be no need for trains, get onto my back and I shall take you to your destination." Kyurem lowers himself to the ground, waiting for the group to get on his back.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby gets on Kyurem's back, thinking about his Warp Star and how Fumu would do her best to protect it. The pink puffball isn't in his universe anymore, and he can make plenty of new memories to try and tell Fumu, Bun, and Meta Knight when the young hoshi no senshi gets back home.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Well, that does sound like it will be a lot quicker getting there, so I guess I'll do it." Coral says, getting on Kyurem's back after Kirby did.

Kyurem slightly flaps his wings as he takes to the sky, noticing more portals opening, then closing.

"Tell me where I should take you to." Kyurem requests.

"There!" Coral responds, pointing to the Ancho-V Games building.

Kyurem flies toward the direction that Coral has pointed to.

Cephalobro

The group arrives at Ancho-V games, just outside, watching a Turf War match unfold inside. Coral hops down to watch from one of the windows.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby hops off, going to watch the Turf War with Coral. Even though he's not an Inkling or Octoling, the pink puffball would like to try a match one day, even if it's just training.

Cephalobro

Kyurem watches the match goes down, wondering how would the combatants come back to life after their spirits supposedly disappeared.

"If this is harmless, how do they survive?" Kyurem asks.

"Well, their souls just return to a machine called a Spawn Point, and from there it's like they have never been splatted, ready to continue the battle." Coral answers the question.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom