• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (IC)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby seems excited about this. The Inklings and Octolings seem to really be enjoying themselves. The young hoshi no senshi happily attempts to tell Coral - using his 'poyo language', of course - that he'd like to try a Turf War, even though he's not an Octoling like Coral is.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Hmm?" Coral tries to understand Kirby, but due to language differences, he couldn't understand.

"Kirby seems to want to participate in that Turf War that you have shown us." Kyurem clears up.

"Oh! Well, it's complicated, there are two requirements to actually participate. One is that you have to be able to use ink, as ink is the only kind of weaponry you are allowed to use in this kind of battle. Another requirement is that you have to be able to respawn once splatted, which means after becoming the opponent's ink once you take too much damage, melt in water, or fall from too great of a height. Your soul or spirit will need to be able to be pulled into the Spawn Point." Coral explains. "Only Inklings and Octolings have the capability to respawn."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby seems a bit upset that he won't be able to participate in a Turf War, not even a makeshift one. He seems confused about the water comment, though. Water is... dangerous to these creatures? Sure, water can be considered dangerous when used, as the Water ability shows, but he didn't know that Inklings and Octolings seemingly die in water.

Cephalobro

"He sounds disappointed, yet confused." Kyurem points out. "I'm curious about water being lethal to your species and the other species. There are Pokemon who absolutely cannot handle water, but you don't seem to have any qualities of why water is dangerous to you."

"If he's confused about the water too, then I'll explain. Both Inklings and Octolings evolved from squids and octopi respectively, both of them used to be able and even needed to live in the water, but once the sea became scarcer in time in the past after its initial growth, squids and octopi were stranded, limited to puddles dotted around. With very little living space, they underwent an evolution to become more suited for land, eventually becoming the Inklings and Octolings you see now. This came with a negative side-effect, while we adapted to live on land, our bodies became hydrophobic, thus when we become our cephalopod forms, it's to swim in ink, and not water." Coral explains. "Also, Octolings can cut off their tentacles to create an Octarian. That came as an evolutionary bonus for Octolings, as Inklings don't have the same capability."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(You have got to be kidding me. Hachi, what are you doing? You didn't even make a character sheet! If you don't make a character sheet, I can't accept you into the RP, simple as that.)

(I'll get to making the OOC, too.)

Cephalobro

"In my long years as a legendary Pokemon, I never knew a society that would consider war as a sport would exist. I'm very young compared to Arceus, even though I have lived for more than 3000 years. But I actually hate war because of two particular humans who couldn't put their differences aside, and also because two thirds of myself would fight with no end in sight, not paying attention to the destruction they caused, I have reclaimed one of my thirds to prevent such a thing to happen again." Kyurem explains his disgust for the two specific humans as well as Reshiram's and Zekrom's actions. "But if it would end for good, I must be able to reclaim my remaining third before someone else gets it. This is why I need to return back to my world so I can become one once again."

"Yikes, I didn't know, I'm sorry about what happened to your home." Coral replies.

"It wasn't just my home that was devastated. I was forced to be a frozen, empty husk of my former self for hundreds of years, it's still painful. The pain only has lessened when I have reclaimed one of my two thirds." Kyurem adds.

"Oh, your appearance makes so much sense. I'm sorry you had to endure that pain for so long." Coral says.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"So, who or what are your 'thirds'? I know they caused terrible destruction as you told me, but I'm confused as to who or what they are." Coral curiously asks.

"The thirds I was talking about are Pokemon called Reshiram and Zekrom. Reshiram controls fire, and her Fusion Flare move is very devastating, but she also has another move, which is Blue Flare, a move that's capable of giving you a burn alongside engulfing you in flames. Zekrom controls electricity, his Fusion Bolt can zap even the quickest foes, with some exceptions, but it's still dangerous to others nonetheless, his other move, Bolt Strike can leave others with paralysis, something you don't want to have when you're trying to get away." Kyurem explains why the powers need to be contained.

"That sounds like an apocalypse can happen at anytime." Coral says with worry.

"You will not need to worry about it, as I have reclaimed Zekrom and I will not be letting him out. As for Reshiram, I will pursue her until I reclaim her as well." Kyurem tries to ease some of the worries. "Once I have reclaimed her, I will not be letting her out either."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby looks up at Kyurem with a sad look on his face, as he's concerned about the Boundary Pokémon. He tries explaining this, though, halfway through, he ends up turning teal and getting weaker in his movements. It seems that he's too far away from his Warp Star, the source of his energy.

(The teal I'm talking about is like this:
)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral looks at Kirby with concern.

"What is happening to you?" Coral asks the puffball.

"You don't look well, tell us what is happening so we can help you." Kyurem says to Kirby.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Well, he kind of... can't, judging by previous experiences, but he'll still try. He attempts to explain - via his 'poyo language', of course - that if he's too far away from his energy source, his Warp Star, for too long, if it's damaged, or if he gets barraged from enemy attacks in rapid succession, he'll turn teal, like just now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom