Future buffs and nerfs

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The Seekers should definitely get a buff where they use a little less ink. It's crazy how much ink they consume and it does make it a little harder to use them because of that.

The ink mines need some type of buff too. I don't know what. But right now, they're kind of useless if we're not playing Tower Control.... And even then, most know to shoot the tower to explode any mines before climbing on so they're still not very useful. I'm sure something could be done for the mines.

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
Lunas are fine. Just ink around their territory and their movements become predictable.

I guess if I had to think about what weapon would be nerfed, it would be the e-liter (and scope variant). With damage up and their quick charge it becomes as effective as a squiffer mid range. Sloshers would benefit a lot from a small damage buff, and multiple mines with an increased damage range would be way more effective than what the sub is currently.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I won't speak too much on my feelings on the Gals. . . It's a touchy subject as we can see here. However, I do think they are still very dominant, and with good reason. People can point to the walls, and I'll agree, but the real problem area, in my eyes at least, is the fact it's a 2 shot kill with 0 damage up investment. Hell, with 1 defense up main, you need literally 1 damage up sub to counter act it (this is the .52 of course), so the gal needs VERY minimal investment where as the other player has to dedicate a set to net the 3HKO, and 2 sets + 1 sub (1 main + 4 subs) to counter 1 damage main. If anything, I feel it should have to suffer some invested slots to snag that 2HKO. I mean, yea, we can say "it's inaccurate" all day, but the truth is it's not Sploosh inaccurate. You have a VERY likely chance of getting your kill before they get theirs (weapon dependent of course, but this is a close - mid range weapon, so I'm racking it up against other close - mid range weapons), because its fire rate is still fast (still talking about the .52) and its got such insane power. So, I feel, much like the ELiter did before, it should receive a nerf in the damage aspect where you have to invest more damage up to get what you do now. Not asking for an across the board 3HKO regardless of damage up investment like most weapons, I just think you should have to try to get that 2HKO instead of just get it and force everyone else to either deal with it, or over prepare for the instance you run into a .52 Gal with 1 damage up main.
It's just silly to me, but perhaps that's just me.

With that, I think the Hydra needs more range, not too much, but it can use the range. It's fine where it is, despite what a lot of people will say, but I wouldn't be upset if they gave it more range. At least enough to out range the Splatterscopes ;).

And maybe the Inkbrushes, but that's just because they don't see much use. Not sure what they could do to make them better, but I'd love it if they did it lol.

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
Lunas are fine. Just ink around their territory and their movements become predictable.

I guess if I had to think about what weapon would be nerfed, it would be the e-liter (and scope variant). With damage up and their quick charge it becomes as effective as a squiffer mid range. Sloshers would benefit a lot from a small damage buff, and multiple mines with an increased damage range would be way more effective than what the sub is currently.
yeah,if you where using a weapon that has longer range than the luna blaster,but weapons that are on par or less with the luna blaster like the sloshing machine,doing that is easier said than done

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
a lot of people have already mentioned the types of buffs i want to see. ink mine, seeker, ink saver sub etc. if there's one weapon i would very much like to see buffed that hasn't been mentioned is the splash-o-matic. Now it's already received a damage buffed, which is great, but there's something that has always bothered me. why does it have the same fire rate as the n-zap, a weapon with more range than it and needing the same amount of shots to kill. it'll be like the splattershot having splattershot pro range, it just doesn't make much sense to me. now the splattershot jr also has the same fire rate as these two, but it has the bubbler which in my opinion makes up for it (granted the custom variant doesn't). so i'd love it for them to give the splash a faster fire rate.

one weapon i would like to see getting nerfed is the splat charger and e-litre. i don't really have a problem with dealing with them, i've taken out many of them. but it does annoy me a lot that with enough damage ups, the splat charger can become a squiffer with more range ( i don't think the e-litre can be this fast after the nerf, but it's still pretty fast with a lot of damage ups), so it kinda makes the squiffer obsolete. now i don't think they should out right remove this, but instead, add a cap to it like with shooters when adding damage up. i feel they should change it so damage up stops lowering the amount of charge needed to kill at ~85% for both the chargers i mentioned (maybe 90%) no matter how many is equipped. i don't hate chargers, i have mad respect for charger users, because i can't make it work myself, except for the squiffer (sometimes). it's just for balancing purposes really.

oh, and they should make placing mines instant (or at the very least faster). Seriously, why does it take so long to place these things. it's especially tricky when running away and wanting to add a mine as a little present. i've had better luck doing this with suction bombs. it'd be cool if the inkstrike tornado lasted a little longer as well, a little less than killer wail i might add. like and an actual tornado. based on the first trailer, the inkstrike blast used to be freaking huge. anything else i want buffed have already been mentioned, so i'm not gonna repeat anything.

Inkling_Han025

Inkling
NNID
jeanw236
Yeah, let's make rollers a 2 hit kill from point blank range. While we're at it, let's nerf the kraken a bit more too. Make it swim at disruptor'd speed and also a 2 hit kill. Oh, and it can only jump once before turning back into an inkling. Actually, let's make it so that the instant you turn into a kraken, you explode in enemy ink.
There's no need to be sarcastic about it. I only said they need a little bit of a nerf nor did I even mention the Kraken. I know it's already been nerfed a lot- this is the main reason I switched from using a Roller to a Charger- but even still, the Dynamo Roller still seems to be too strong for its own good. I don't even care about the Krak-On Roller or the Splat Roller, in my opinion, they've had too much of a nerf, it's mostly just the Dynamo Roller.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Instead of nerfing inkwall or the .96 Deco, it just shouldn't have the inkwall sub altogether.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Instead of nerfing inkwall or the .96 Deco, it just shouldn't have the inkwall sub altogether.
Well, they can't really do that now. . .
Otherwise, give Hydra Burst Bombs. No reason ELIter 3K should be the only Burst Bomb + Echo combo in the game and Splat Bomb + Echo has 3 different weapons it's on. . .
Burst Bombs would make it amazing though. :oops:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
  • Buff Ink Mines(give it sprinkler logic- stays in place untill someone passes over it/owner gets splatted/owner places new one)
  • Buff Seekers(decrease ink consumption)
  • Buff Inkbrush(give it the same amount of damage as octo)
  • Buff Aero+N-Zap(give them a slightly faster ttk somehow)
  • Buff Rollers(basically give all rollers except dynamo the same damage before the big nerf)
  • Buff H3 Nozzle(increase firerate by a bit)
  • Buff Hydra(slightly faster charge speed)
  • Buff Inkstrike(shortens activation animation)
  • Buff the abilities Sub-Saver/Opening Gambit/Last-Ditch/Ninja Squid/Bomb Sniffer(make it give a warning if user is in lethal range of a bomb)/Recon(Allow the effect to persist a few moments after leaving spawn)

• Nerf Bubbler(requires 200p instead of 180p to fully charge)
  • Nerf Cold-Blooded(removing it entirely and replace it with something else, bit too much wishful thinking here)
    -in turn, nerf Echo to 6-8 seconds, while haunt and sensor also last shorter

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
yeah,if you where using a weapon that has longer range than the luna blaster,but weapons that are on par or less with the luna blaster like the sloshing machine,doing that is easier said than done
Most short ranged weapons have a much faster firerate than the Luna. The key is to position yourself near the user after they fire a shot.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
A few of the things I think deserve buffs

Main Weapons

Inkbrush: Generally outclassed by the Octobrush in raw power. Give it a bit more speed while swatting the thing around like a madman, so it can pursue enemies better.
Sploosh-O-Matic: Other than the 3 hit splat, other miniguns usually outclass it due to it's poor range. Possibly add a bit more run speed while shooting, like they did with the N-Zaps.
Sloshing Machine: Somewhat underwhelming as the heavy slosher, with meh range and kill power. Give it just a tad bit more range to make it compete with the Slosher Deco.
H-3 Nozzlenose: The slow, manual firing really drags it down. Make each bullet shoot a bit closer to each other, so it is easier to score one-round KO's
Hydra: Hard to use with the slow charge time and walk speed. Make charging up shoot bullets for longer with the same charge time.
Bamboozler: The two shot gimmick makes it incredibly unforgiving. Give each shot a wider area of ink turfed, to alleviate it's turfing weakness.

Yes, I know I could have fixed a lot of the main weaknesses (give sploosh/brush range, hydra faster charge, H-3 faster shots) but these weaknesses make the weapons unique.

Sub Weapons:

Seekers: Too easy to dodge for the ink cost. Just make it require less ink to throw out.
Beakons: Not that good in solo matches as about nobody knows how to use them. Double the amount of damage they can take, so they can better distract enemies.
Ink Mines: These make dodging Seekers seem hard. Allow remote detonation; using the sub while a mine is out will let you plant another one, but cause your mine to explode. Placing them faster would help too.

Specials:

Killer Wail: Generally easy to dodge, and is meh at scaring enemies. Make it splat all enemy squids, even those in Kraken/Bubbler form.
Inkstrike: Again, easy to dodge and minimal impact. Reduce the points needed to get it to 170.

Abilities:
Ink Saver Sub: It just has too little of an effect compared to Ink Recovery and Ink Saver Main. It should just save a bit more ink per ability.
Quick Super Jump: Super jumping itself is not that good without beakons. Make it cut down more on the time on ground, so it can be used as a quick escape.
Stealth Jump: The large wait time makes it almost faster to just swim to the front line. Adjust the longer jump somewhere between before and after it was nerfed.
Opening Gambit/Last Ditch Effort: 30 seconds is just too short for a whole ability slot. Change the time to 45 seconds for both, and let Last Ditch Effort go through overtime.
Recon: Very situational. Make it possible to view enemies whenever on spawn or while super jumping.
Haunt: Good on paper, but requires you to die to be of use. Slightly increase the time a target is tagged.
Bomb Sniffer: Mines stink, and most other bombs are already visible. Reduce the amount of damage taken from bombs, as well as make Disruptors and Point Sensors last a shorter amount of time.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Most short ranged weapons have a much faster firerate than the Luna. The key is to position yourself near the user after they fire a shot.
The fire rate doesn't really make a difference when most players can't kill the Luna before the second shot unloads; more often than not, they're already running Quick Respawns so they're usually benefiting off of trades anyways. And it doesn't sound quite that simple to position yourself near a Luna Blaster with a short ranged weapon, even after they fire a shot.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The fire rate doesn't really make a difference when most players can't kill the Luna before the second shot unloads; more often than not, they're already running Quick Respawns so they're usually benefiting off of trades anyways. And it doesn't sound quite that simple to position yourself near a Luna Blaster with a short ranged weapon, even after they fire a shot.
Yeah, you'd have to catch them unaware of your presence. The best way I've found to take out lunas with short range weapons is to flank them while they are shooting at someone else or use by sub weapons. Otherwise you'll probably trade, or worse.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Well, they can't really do that now. . .
Otherwise, give Hydra Burst Bombs. No reason ELIter 3K should be the only Burst Bomb + Echo combo in the game and Splat Bomb + Echo has 3 different weapons it's on. . .
Burst Bombs would make it amazing though. :oops:
I mean they could. Nothing stopping them, especially if they believe the current design is detrimental to gameplay.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I mean they could. Nothing stopping them, especially if they believe the current design is detrimental to gameplay.
There's no way they're going to go back and change the loadouts. It's not absolutely game breaking, it's just an extremely powerful weapon. To go so far as to completely change its loadout instead of just nerfing the weapon itself is just evading the true problem.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
There's no way they're going to go back and change the loadouts.
There's really nothing stopping them. It might seem a little weird at first, but I highly doubt it will affect the game's popularity at all. Seems better than nerfing the .96 Gal Deco and/or Inkwall just to nerf that combination. .96 Gal Deco isn't gamebreaking and I personally don't mind too much if they leave it alone, but if they will nerf it, I don't see any better way to do it other than not giving it the inkwall and giving to a weapon that actually needs it.

It's not absolutely game breaking, it's just an extremely powerful weapon. To go so far as to completely change its loadout instead of just nerfing the weapon itself is just evading the true problem.
Changing the loadout isn't as dramatic as you're making it out to be, ultimately no one will care (unless the new combination is trash, but I find it hard to believe you can make a trashy combo with a weapon as strong as the .96). Nerfing the weapons/subs to the point where they'll be useless is much more likely to turn people off.

Also, the "true" problem is the combination of both the .96 and the Inkwall, not each individually. As they are right now, they are fine weapons (maybe .96 needs a slight damage or range nerf, but that's it).

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Also, the "true" problem is the combination of both the .96 and the Inkwall, not each individually. As they are right now, they are fine weapons (maybe .96 needs a slight damage or range nerf, but that's it).
Going to avoid quoting the rest of your post as I'd just be repeating the following.
Both Gals have walls, both Gals are VERY strong weapons in the "meta", yes it is the combination, however, the weapon itself is the main problem. Quite a few weapons have walls, they are not nearly as amazing as they are on the gals, and there's a reason. The other weapons, aren't as strong, I'm talking the weapons themselves. They don't 2HKO, they require charge times, or something of the sort. If walls were as much of a problem as everyone makes it out to be, Vanilla JS would be more used, Vanilla Heavy would be more common, Vanilla Bamboozler would be big as well. However, they aren't, and that's because the weapons themselves don't punish the opposition quite like the gals do.

I'm not talking strictly .96 Gals when I'm saying the gals need a nerf, I'm talking about all 4. Walls took a HUGE hit, the gals did not.

You said exactly what should be done with the Gals. Nerf their damage output. There is absolutely no reason that they should nullify 2 main defense ups + 1 sub by merely carrying 1 damage up main. Or cancel out one Defense up main by carrying 1 puny damage up sub, it's just silly. Their damage output is just too damn high. In order to nab their 2HKO's they should have to invest in damage ups, simple as that. It'd be MUCH easier to just nerf the gals over completely changing their loadout. And if they changed their loadout completely, it'd cause so much outrage lol. Because then people would be screaming "why not add burst bombs to the ink brushes?!", "Why not put Kraken on the Hydra?", etc. etc.

In the end, it'd be much easier, and a smarter idea to just nerf the weapons damage output and call it decent. Yea, they can nullify it with carrying X damage ups, but it requires more investment than the usual none, meaning they have to take a hit somewhere else.
I just don't understand why they'd go through all the trouble to change the entire loadout when they can instead just nerf the Gals.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Going to avoid quoting the rest of your post as I'd just be repeating the following.
Both Gals have walls, both Gals are VERY strong weapons in the "meta", yes it is the combination, however, the weapon itself is the main problem. Quite a few weapons have walls, they are not nearly as amazing as they are on the gals, and there's a reason. The other weapons, aren't as strong, I'm talking the weapons themselves. They don't 2HKO, they require charge times, or something of the sort. If walls were as much of a problem as everyone makes it out to be, Vanilla JS would be more used, Vanilla Heavy would be more common, Vanilla Bamboozler would be big as well. However, they aren't, and that's because the weapons themselves don't punish the opposition quite like the gals do.
Exactly, but that doesn't mean that the Gal Deco should be shoehorned with the rest of the Inkwall weapons. Nerfing it even more (besides more of the little things) would essentially make it a glorified Jet Squelcher at that point. Giving the Gal Deco a better niche in the playing field would benefit the meta than just making the .96 Gal a redundant weapon.

Of course the .96 needs those small edits, but right now I still think .96 Gal Deco with an inkwall is a bit too powerful regardless of how it's able to interact with defense up opponents.

It'd be MUCH easier to just nerf the gals over completely changing their loadout.
Doesn't make it better.

And if they changed their loadout completely, it'd cause so much outrage lol. Because then people would be screaming "why not add burst bombs to the ink brushes?!", "Why not put Kraken on the Hydra?", etc. etc.
People already whine and complain as is. Nothing's going to change.

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
You said exactly what should be done with the Gals. Nerf their damage output. There is absolutely no reason that they should nullify 2 main defense ups + 1 sub by merely carrying 1 damage up main. Or cancel out one Defense up main by carrying 1 puny damage up sub, it's just silly. Their damage output is just too damn high. In order to nab their 2HKO's they should have to invest in damage ups, simple as that.
to be honest,i think reducing the damage would do little.it would be better if the firerate was nerfed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom