• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Gear Discussion Thread

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Are you dressing your character up with style? For competition? Feel free to discuss your clothing and weapon setups here!

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Will definitely be using Ink Roller and the Sniper often. Also want that beanie hat or something cute.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
I want to be an aggressor role, so I plan on using the standard Ink gun, and trying to take out as many people while my teammates splat the goo~

So much gear, can I just wear all of it? :c

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I'll have to fiddle around with the weapons to see what suits me best, but I'm crossing my fingers in hope of a suit/top hat outfit!

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
I'm gonna need to see how the weapons feel before I decide on what one I use. As for my other bits of gear... just gonna go with what looks good.

Lyn

Premium
I'm gonna need to see how the weapons feel before I decide on what one I use. As for my other bits of gear... just gonna go with what looks good.
I agree, that's probably the best way to do it.

Lyn

Premium
It'll be like Fashion Souls (choosing equipment in a Souls series game based on looks and not stats) only with squids... Fashion Squids.
Digital Style! Digital dancing, wow this is fun!

Mithical1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mithrandir37
It's amazing how fashionable this game is. I also like that they mentioned some outfits gain more attributes the more you wear them. That's awesome.

Lyn

Premium
It's amazing how fashionable this game is. I also like that they mentioned some outfits gain more attributes the more you wear them. That's awesome.
I don't like that too much. It could make it unfair to people who don't have as high levelled gear and etc;..

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
A part of me kinda hopes that in Ranked mode (I forget what it's called) the stats on your equipment are disabled so it's an even playing field, but I dunno.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I hope there is some way to reset or swap those attributes, I don't want to get stuck with perks I don't want on an item that I really like the look of :(

Lyn

Premium
A part of me kinda hopes that in Ranked mode (I forget what it's called) the stats on your equipment are disabled so it's an even playing field, but I dunno.
Yeah, if they're enabled in ranked mode.. I don't even know anymore. This game seems to be made for competitive players.. then totally gets rid of what is needed for competitive play. Then who's it targeted to?

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm undecided on what clothes I'm going to wear. I want to see how much an effect it has.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to ink brush and Squiffer in terms of weapons. : )

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I really don't want it to give an advantage to people who can just grind for better and better stuff over those who just don't have the time, interest, or attention span to do so.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I can't wait to try out the squid themed hat simulator. I'll probably try for a mix of what looks good and what fits how I want to play, but I know I'll lean more towards what looks good.

Reactions: nix

Lyn

Premium
I really don't want it to give an advantage to people who can just grind for better and better stuff over those who just don't have the time, interest, or attention span to do so.
I agree. I think having stats on gear is a terrible idea, but it's too late I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom