• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Gear Discussion Thread

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
so what do people think of having a sniper cover a roller? do you think it would be better to just have a splattershot cover them?

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
so what do people think of having a sniper cover a roller? do you think it would be better to just have a splattershot cover them?
Depends on the terrain, if there is a lot of cover in the middle if the map a sniper isn't going to provide much cover. in the open or where there isnt a lot of places where they can shoot from snipers will be great.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Bring on the cyber inkling outfit!

I'd like to put style first, and use the perks that come with it to inform my play style.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
seriously, does the echolocator not look like a sniper's best friend?

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Today's Direct made it seem like no matter how you want to style yourself, you'll be able to upgrade your stuff to have the perks you want, so you shouldn't have to compromise. It'll just take more work for some items than others.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A little disappointed some weapons that look complete won't be available at launch.

Was looking forward to the brush. : (

But the new weapons are cool. Can't wait for the no scopes. :P

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I think it's understandable though. They need room for DLC!
DLC shouldn't be content that's ready to go though. That's not making room for DLC, that's forcing DLC. It's not awful right now because Nintendo is being sensible and making it free to make gamers feel like the game will be supported for a long time. Kind of a cheap way but meh.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm worried about which weapons will and won't be available at launch. I really want to use the classic squiffer!

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
DLC shouldn't be content that's ready to go though. That's not making room for DLC, that's forcing DLC. It's not awful right now because Nintendo is being sensible and making it free to make gamers feel like the game will be supported for a long time. Kind of a cheap way but meh.
They're actually not really forcing anything, haha. I think that's a bit overdone.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will say, it will certainly keep people interested over time to see what new things are there. With that said, having not a lot of content to work with at the beginning might keep people away. And the most important selling period will be the launch week. Hopefully there is enough stuff to do to get people interested enough to buy it.

ecaflip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
None
I want a hoodie, some headphones, and a splattergun and I'll be a happy squiddy

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I might try to dress for style, but if it keeps me away from specific abilities that I want, then I'll ditch style entirely. Anyways, I'm planning on having specific loadouts based on my several different playstyles and maps that are available during each 4 hour period. I'll share some of my weapon choices and abilities.

Main Weapons:
Aerospray MG
Jet Squelcher
E-liter 3K
Splatter Scope
Paintbrush

Sub Weapons:
Splat Bomb
Seeker
Ink Mine

Special Weapons:
Bubbler
Echolocator
Kraken

Abilities:
Ink Saver (Main)
Special Charge Up
Ink Saver (Sub)
Ink Recovery Up
Bomb Range Up
Run Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Special Duration
Stealth Jump
Ink Resistance Up

Last edited:

DaKid

Pro Squid
I might try to dress for style, but if it keeps me away from specific abilities that I want, then I'll ditch style entirely. Anyways, I'm planning on having specific loadouts based on my several different playstyles and maps that are available during each 4 hour period. I'll share some of my weapon choices and abilities.

Main Weapons:
Aerospray MG
Jet Squelcher
E-liter 3K
Splatter Scope
Paintbrush

Sub Weapons:
Splat Bomb
Seeker
Ink Mine

Special Weapons:
Bubbler
Echolocator
Kraken

Abilities:
Ink Saver (Main)
Special Charge Up
Ink Saver (Sub)
Ink Recovery Up
Bomb Range Up
Run Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Special Duration
Stealth Jump
Ink Resistance Up
Well I definitely will be ignoring all your posts if you're going to make them in that annoying color.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
its hard to read against a white background, and gives a headache resultantly.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
its hard to read against a white background, and gives a headache resultantly.
Well the majority seem to use the Octoboards theme (based on poll results and posts), so it works nicely with that background and it's readable, like Smashboards. However, I'll be considerate since Octoboards aren't the default theme.

Last edited:

Drazile

Inkling
Hoping that eventually they'll make Nintendo-themed DLC gear, if it isn't already hidden in game. I'd love to have a Link hat, or the FLUDD as a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom