• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Gear Discussion Thread

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
I already got a good idea of what i'm going for. My character will look something similar to my avatar. I decided to be a female inkling this game just because i like the octopus flaps with the beanie looks ( i'm a dude) . Nintendo should come out with more hair choices man! i'd pay money for that lol. And top it all off with a dress shirt <3

As for competitive gear i'm going to make sure i look beast while being beast. So not too worried about finding the best equilibrium. I definitely want to get on that sniper game but as for other weapons i'm not sure. It'll be hard to do anything else depending on the gear abilities I slap on myself, especially for competitive use. I'd have to fully complete one set before making another "class". grinding all day !

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will be a female inkling with brown eyes.

I will get gear that will look good and have speed up buffs. This is because I will be using chargers, which would help if I could get the heck out of dodge when enemies get close. Mainly Humanoid speed.

As for chargers, I'm going to experiment with Splatcharger, Amiibo charger, and Classic Squiffer to start.

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
Isn't that a little overboard? I mean why "disgusting?"

This makes perfect set, allows everything to be balanced and you can tell what someone has at a glance and plan accordingly.
Balancing the game would be hell if changing sets to the weapons you want was a thing, no?
That was more or less an expression, which I should've made more obvious in the first place lel.

I just would rather have the rapid fire bombs with the Splat roller, rather than what was already default for the roller class.
One can dream, one can dream....

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Are you dressing your character up with style? For competition? Feel free to discuss your clothing and weapon setups here!
I'm aiming for both, swag and competitive. Gotta be swaggin while I'm gunnin up the place. For weapons... I'll be using a weapon set, geared towards rush down.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That was more or less an expression, which I should've made more obvious in the first place lel.

I just would rather have the rapid fire bombs with the Splat roller, rather than what was already default for the roller class.
One can dream, one can dream....
But you see, having something like the ink bombs would negate the Splat roller's weakness almost completely. You wouldn't have to work for kills as hard since you could just stay back to fire those kinds of shot.

Of course, maybe it isn't broken, but I can certainly see it being powerful. Especially with something like the Dynamo Roller which was designed to be slow an powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom