• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I feel like Costume Party will have more children join, but I'll do it for Marie. I really have no clue what the final results will be. :/

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I'll wait for salt on forums to choose, both options really don't catch my heart.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
In Japan, the popularity curse does not apply.

Also it's not only popularity that really dooms the NA Splatfests but more the inexperienced kids in it. And wouldn't you say kids prefer wearing costumes over dressing fancy?

Fancy for me. I always feel self-conscious with any costume no matter how good it looks on me.
I feel NA being involved tips the scales in the less popular teams favor like with the Spongebob Splatfest.

But yeah as for which team will be more popular is extremely hard to say so I might just go Fancy cause blue ink and Callie and hope for the best!

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
You just reminded me of a certain fabulous robot master from Mega Man who is my absolute fave, JEWEL MAN!

Have to remember to draw him later for Miiverse.

Also a plus side for me being on Team Fancy is that I don't have to associate myself with fursuiters.
Jewl Man? Believe it or not, but I've never played any Mega Man game in my entire life. I just typed "Mega Man Fabulous" into google and it was the first name that showed up.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I certainly know which team I'm going for, though I'm pretty surprised that Callie prefers fancy black-tie parties while Marie likes costume parties. I wasn't expecting that out of either of them.

That said, I wonder if Japan's player base will end up affecting the results in a big way? Most of the time there the more popular team wins, so I might be concerned that it'll happen here this Splatfest as well.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Wasn't the last splatfest two weeks ago? I might go with costume party, but I really want to use that color blue for ink. *where's my coin?...*

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I have one more reason I am going Team Fancy.

In my ethnic culture we make fancy parties for celebration for the birth of a child.

I have confirmed I am going to be a mother-to-be.

I chose Team Cars last time for my husband who is a car enthusiast and that was probably my happiest Splatfest win so far. That was during a time no one specifically chose a team to be away from the kids, the win rate was still 4x and Team Cars barely won that one.

Let's see if I can win this for my future child.

Right in time before Mother's Day.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i much much much prefer the blue ink and just going with times of past i expect kids to choose costume so team fancy it is for me until proven otherwise on what kids usually choose

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
All of you making predictions have to realize something: All of the phenomenon and results we've experienced, like Callie usually winning or the more popular team losing, are exclusive to the American splatfests. Things have been different in Japan, and now that they're involved in this splatfest, all previous assumptions kinda go out the window since their playerbase completely dwarfs ours. I can't claim to know which way the Japanese players will lean.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Oh man I just can´t decide... I can´t figure out which team is most likely to win... guess I´ll have to choose based on actual personal preference for once. I´ll go with fancy since I´m not a big fan of costumes. I only wear masks, and only on rare occasions.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The UK version names them "black tie party" and "fancy dress party" ('fancy' could get really confusing, as it refers to opposite sides...). What's really interesting for me is that I've never been to one of either before but shall be attending both in the next two months (to do with leaving school and stuff) - they're expressly referred to by those names, too. So it's very relevant to me! But I struggle to decide for now; I really like the theme, even though I haven't any strong feelings on it, so I'll have to figure out where I stand.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Aside from the Miitomo shove in, this looks like a pretty cool splatfest. Got to go with Costume party since I hate dressing in fancy clothes and going to formal events period. Plus, how can I turn down having a ridiculous hot dog suit on my shirt?

Global splatfest seems interesting, a larger player base might mean more balanced battles around the board. Also, if more kids pick costume and the people who don't care flood to the less kid appeal team (my guess), that means I will at least face the other team more.
RIP Splatfest Top 200.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Global splatfest seems interesting, a larger player base might mean more balanced battles around the board. Also, if more kids pick costume and the people who don't care flood to the less kid appeal team (my guess), that means I will at least face the other team more.
RIP Splatfest Top 200.
It will ultimately be a good thing for a lot of people, but I'm going to miss having a chance to game with non-Japanese players. The time frames in which I play this game leave me as the only westerner in the lobby 95% of the time.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
for me splatfest was different because i rarely see american players, i play at all different times but 8 out of 10 are always japanese.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wait a minute... wasn't the Spingebill Splatfest just two weeks ago? This seems awfully soon, don'tcha think?

Well, at any rate, I've sided with Team Fancy. Not because I like getting all fancily dressed (believe me, I don't; it's a pain to get everything to look right), but because I loathe the idea of playing grown-up dress-up. Just doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Plus there's the fact that I haven't been to a costume party since the 6þ grade, while I've at least had to dress all snazzy-like multiple times over the last few years.

Though, technically, the last "fancy party" I went to was my aunt's wedding in 2001, well before I even began my schooling, so perhaps Team Costumes would've been a better fit—

I have one more reason I am going Team Fancy.

In my ethnic culture we make fancy parties for celebration for the birth of a child.

I have confirmed I am going to be a mother-to-be.

I chose Team Cars last time for my husband who is a car enthusiast and that was probably my happiest Splatfest win so far. That was during a time no one specifically chose a team to be away from the kids, the win rate was still 4x and Team Cars barely won that one.

Let's see if I can win this for my future child.

Right in time before Mother's Day.
Damn, G. **** just got personal now.

Well. Now I know what I'm fighting for. No regrets now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom