Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Do remember that Japan is part of this Splatfest and the most popular teams win the majority of the time there. It can actually be very bad for Team Fancy if the population gap is too large thanks to the new Splatfest Power system which made skill results in Japan very close (compared to lol Spongebob vs Patrick) so far. And since Japan will make the majority of the Splatfest attendance it probably isn't as much of a conspiracy as you think. If this was an NA one only you may have more of a point.

Maybe the real conspiracy is this is a social experiment for Nintendo themselves. Who will win out, the less popular team strategy of NA or the more popular team strategy of Japan? I mean Nintendo usually tries to make teams sound equal on paper and not have an obvious team that will be way more popular than the other.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Callie to be in Team Fancy Parties. She may be the type to dream about weddings which are fancy parties. There is that quote in Walleye Warehouse about two Inklings about to meet their destin.. BATTLING! Then in Port Mackeral, Callie believes it can be a great dating spot. And in Urchin Underpass she uses the airwaves to look for cuties for a road trip. Also she does love clothes as can be seen in a quote in Arowana Mall: “Omigosh! Look, Marie! That outfit is adorrrrbs!” and fancy parties is a lot about clothes.

It may be sort of a stretch but it isn't as much out of the blue either.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Global matchmaking... splafest power already made splatfests super stressful, and now a bunch of japanese S+ trying their best? This has offically killed splatfests for me. I probably won't even be able to do **** without my main. Ripriprip

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm actually a little amused that the Japanese players are apparently still so feared. x) I don't see what the big deal is. I mean.... It's not like the connection can get much worse than it already gets during regional Splatfests. :P I'm excited to be playing with the Japanese. I find them more fun overall to play with than NA and EU players. So I think this Splatfest will definitely end up being much more fun than the last two. :) Leaning towards Team Fancy on this one.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Hmmm tough choice. I really like to be clean cut, shaven and wear a nice suit and tie for formal parties, but I also love to dress up in costume and pretend I'm a fictional character. This might be stereotypical but I'm assuming 90% of Japanese players will pick costume parties due to how crazy cosplay is over there.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I personally went with team costume party because I'd rather jump into the water surrounding Camp Triggerfish than wear a dress. Also, I'm the complete opposite of fancy anyway. Another bonus: You can dress fancy at a costume party. Whenever I choose a splatfest team, I just simply choose the one I support. I find it strange that some people try to choose the winning or less popular team, because you don't necessarily support that team. You just want to win, it makes choosing a teams a little confusing (assuming you try too hard to make sure you made the "right" coice) and that takes the fun out of splatfests in my opinion. (This isn't aimed towards anyone in particular, I just figured I'd say this somewhere since it is on topic. I respect any of your guys' decisions.)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I personally went with team costume party because I'd rather jump into the water surrounding Camp Triggerfish than wear a dress. Also, I'm the complete opposite of fancy anyway. Another bonus: You can dress fancy at a costume party. Whenever I choose a splatfest team, I just simply choose the one I support. I find it strange that some people try to choose the winning or less popular team, because you don't necessarily support that team. You just want to win, it makes choosing a teams a little confusing (assuming you try too hard to make sure you made the "right" coice) and that takes the fun out of splatfests in my opinion. (This isn't aimed towards anyone in particular, I just figured I'd say this somewhere since it is on topic. I respect any of your guys' decisions.)
Well the Splatfest's question is do you prefer going to a fancy party or costume party which has its different mores and atmosphere and not just the clothes you are wearing, not if you want to wear a fancy dress/suit or costume which then Costume Party would cover both.

Also most of my opinions in real life are unpopular so it does reflect that many of my Splatfest choices are unpopular as well.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I hope hackers don't cheat online. That would really kill the mood for me to play Splatfest.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
If the theme doesn't interest me at all (so far just this and the last one) I'm choosing who I think will win, sue me! xP

Unfortunately I have no idea about this one so I'ma just go with the blue ink.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I tend to Costume Party since I remembered FancyParty also includes birthdays of relatives and I do have complexes thanks to my dad (need to be perfekt!!11). :(
Birthdays of friends are more like costume partys and it also includes cosplay, so yeah, probably orange for me.

Some Fanart by me :oops:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhqTEOHfw
http://kleeschweif.deviantart.com/art/Splatfest-Team-Gala-and-Glamour-1-3-608005303

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFQamkJDw
http://kleeschweif.deviantart.com/art/Team-Costume-Party-and-Cosplay-2-3-608005321

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Whenever I choose a splatfest team, I just simply choose the one I support. I find it strange that some people try to choose the winning or less popular team, because you don't necessarily support that team. You just want to win, it makes choosing a teams a little confusing (assuming you try too hard to make sure you made the "right" coice) and that takes the fun out of splatfests in my opinion. (This isn't aimed towards anyone in particular, I just figured I'd say this somewhere since it is on topic. I respect any of your guys' decisions.)
I also "follow my heart" in these things, so to speak.

That made it a real pain in the SpongeBob vs. Patrick Splatfest though. Those two dorks were my childhood! Having to choose one of them was hell... ._.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not enough accessories and footwear I can choose from that look fancy/formal-ish. In fact, their combined total is about equal to the number of shirts/clothes we can choose from. Next update "needz moar gaer!1"

My weapons for Team Fancy, I'm leaning towards nozzlenoses, squiffers, bamboozlers, squelchers, and mini splatlings. Hopefully lag won't take a dump on my aim. And probably splat rollers for proper melee.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I might just flip a coin for this one honestly. I feel like Costume will win solely because Marie has won the last three Splatfests, but if the Japanese are in the mix now that might change everything.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I might just flip a coin for this one honestly. I feel like Costume will win solely because Marie has won the last three Splatfests, but if the Japanese are in the mix now that might change everything.
This is the first Splatfest where the Japanese are with us, last time was the Pokemon one where they had Charizard vs Venusaur instead of Charizard vs Blastoise, where Venusaur obviously won because only 20% voted for him.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
This is the first Splatfest where the Japanese are with us, last time was the Pokemon one where they had Charizard vs Venusaur instead of Charizard vs Blastoise, where Venusaur obviously won because only 20% voted for him.
They took our NA Strategy of best players vote for the least popular teams for that one along with the previous two Splatfests which also had the less popular teams winning there. Then Nintendo said enough is enough with the (extremely) less popular team strategy when Japan was doing it too and did the Splatfest Power thing.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
They took our NA Strategy of best players vote for the least popular teams for that one along with the previous two Splatfests which also had the less popular teams winning there. Then Nintendo said enough is enough with the (extremely) less popular team strategy when Japan was doing it too and did the Splatfest Power thing.
True, but I think that time more people actually liked Charizard in that one, and I totally agree with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom