Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
I shall forever refer to this Splatfest as the Dynamo Fest! Those crazy S and S+ Squids sure love the blasted thing. I think I had only a handful of battles that did not have a Dynamo or two on either team.
I just had a battle with 3 dynamos on our team, we still lost. They like them, but they ****ing suck with them.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
**** splatfest. It can eat a bag of ****.
Normally it's me that breaks out the bag of eternal salt during Splatfest Nouveau, so you have my condolences. This time around it isn't going quite as badly; I've been carrying pretty well with my Zink Mini and got some hilarious Sanic speed triple kills with the '85 during the last 20 seconds.

Hopefully you make the best of it either way.

No-Intro-Needed

Inkling
NNID
SuperMario28
I just wanted to quickly say something. But first, I just wanted to say that it's not just because I'm salty that I chose the incorrect team (I chose Team Costume and I'm not enjoying it) and I seem to repeat every Splatfest (I've said this many times before and still think this is an issue). But I feel like Splatfest Power only made things worse. It pretty much punishes the more popular team by playing against more powerful teams because all of the people on the less popular team are smarter and choose their teams using research and what they may possibly think might be less popular. This has definitely been a stressful Splatfest for because my teammates always seem to choke whenever we have the lead for most of the match. I just think it's because of stupidity and people on my team just aren't as skilled. And because this phenomenon has been going on since October (in NA), every Splatfest is the same. The more popular team always loses. And with Splatfest Power, It's only made worse because the are less skilled players playing against more skilled players because the number of skilled players on the less popular team compared to the more popular team. And because of that, I just think that no matter what the developers do to "fix" Splatfest, it's still going to be flawed no matter what. It's not just the results that is the problem, I could go on forever on the problems with Splatfest. I still think to this day that Splatfest should be removed from Splatoon 2 because that's the biggest setback with this game. I mean, I have a good internet and everyone is saying how they keep getting disconnects, but the real problem is the audience and how lopsided Splatfests are. And I don't think that the results are going to change. This is why I resent Splatfest (I hate being negative but I feel like it should be said).

In short, Splatfest is punishing. Just ignore this bad idea and maybe it'll go away.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Everytime I battle I get idiots, and the other team is like god-like. I was at 1749 earlier and then people came along and brought me down to 1629. What the ****?!
This is exactly what I'm going though. My teammates are idiots, yet the other team is greatly coordinated. Then all my teammates end up dying at once, like what the ****? It's really starting to get on my nerves.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Hit Queen/King title for Team Fancy. One of my best Splatfest rounds ever. Though, it looks like Team Fancy is slightly more popular because had a few Fancy vs Fancy rounds.

One really weird round though, two Japanese teammates squid bagging around spawn the whole match in a Fancy vs Costume, I think they just wanted the team to lose to support Costume though...

Also even though there weren't any hackers for me, apparently some people are hacking this Splatfest:

Pretty disgusting seeing someone ruining online...

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I had a lot of fun this Splatfest. My Splatfest power wasn't anything amazing (I ended at about the same place I started), but we had a bunch of close matches and didn't get spawn camped much at all. I noticed that the teams seemed more balanced this time around; usually I was going against teams with basically the same average Splatfest power. That was a welcome change from the last couple of Splatfests, where it wasn't unusual for me to be matched up with teams with about 100 more average power while I was in the middle of a losing streak.

I also felt like there was more camaraderie in this Splatfest than in the last couple. People would often stick together after a close loss, rather than everybody leaving if we didn't get a win. Some of my teammates stayed with me for quite a while, actually. One inkling stuck with me for something like 30 matches. Why, I have no idea, but I thought it was kind of cool and sent them a friend invite.

On that note, making new friends during Splatfests has probably been my favorite part of them. It helps me focus less on the wins and losses (and how many times I got splatted, which was tons this time, haha) and more on just having fun, which is always a good thing.

Here's hoping the next Splatfest is a global one too.

Last edited:

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Okay now that my salt is gone, this SF was a roller coaster for me. Made it all the way to Formal King in about 2 hours (barring the server fiasco) and made it to 1749. However I decided to game and ended with 1631. Still I'm in the green by 31 points (started with 1600). Maps were okay besides Walleye witch can be defended easily (I even got spawn camped one match). Just wish the devs will do away with top 100. Ruins the experience in my opinion.

Edit: Just realized this ends on the 15th at 5PM EST. Not the 14th

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm still wondering why Nintendo hasn't console banned Riru yet. :confused: He's had other accounts banned in the past for hacking the game and clearly, he isn't learning anything from the NNID bans. Eh. At any rate... Hackers are very few and far in between. They're almost non-existent anymore after Nintendo's banning spree. Most of the remaining hackers are people like Riru - known hackers who don't care about who they're effecting. They just think they're being "funny" by doing this. o_O

I've been enjoying the Splatfest. :) It's really fun playing with the Japanese and I hope this is a trend that can continue. This Spaltfest definitely feels more evenly matched. In the Spongebob Splatfest, I was facing teams of 1800 and 1900 when I was only in the 1600 range. The largest difference I've had so far is when we were 1700 and the other team was 1780. It's more even in Splatfest Power and skill level. It's really fun. I'm enjoying the new competitive feel. >w< It's definitely more fun than the previous two Splatfests were. :)

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I'll have to admit the splatfest powers have been more closer than before, and I also like playing with the japanese. They know how to have a good time. :)

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Welp, I'm finished splatfest. Don't even feel like doing it on my other account. Not only did I not really like the maps, but the fact Flounder Heights was chosen 5x more than the other two, and I was tired of getting not too great of teammates. I know there were things I could do better, but still. I liked playing with Japan as there was much much less disconnects and lag than in the previous ones I participated in. But overall I was kind of disappointed in how things turned out. I don't care that I didn't win every match, but more so how I lose like 80% of them was not to my liking. I still managed to make Queen, so at least I still get my 18 snails even if Fancy doesn't win.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
May I go on a rant? Thank you.

To me, I just don't like the idea of a worldwide splatfest, especially since I only have 1 account, which is A rank. It mainly seems like I'm playing with nothing but Japanese people, which means I can have some insanely laggy matches, even though my internet is fine. It kinda makes it unenjoyable for me, because the reasons I play in Splatfests are to screw around, and try to get those extra snails. With the Japanese players, it has seemed to turn into a ranked mode, where I have to try to take extra precautions to avoid getting splatted every 15 seconds. And it doesn't help that I've had at least 20 matches where a teammate has disconnected, wheras not a single game where a player on the other team disconnected. It just doesn't work. Nintendo, please keep Splatfests regional, it just makes it more enjoyable.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Royalty and likely done!

I've managed to enjoy myself though my Splatfest power was a joke. Couldn't get beyond 1300+. Things just go wrong. 1~2 teammates disconnect during the match, 3~4 replacements next match no matter the previous outcome, opponents who've fought together 10+ times, aerosprays fighting on the front, teammates who fight more than turf, teammates who follow me like I'm a momma bird, and most of all--me leveling up random gear and playing weapons I don't often use.

I mainly just swam laps around the 1230~1280 area.

I think a number of my non-Japanese teammates were heavy rank players. They would leave not only entire wings of the map empty of ink, but the mid-field of OUR SIDE would be clear of ink too. Save for one trail cutting through it and leading to mid.

And I had to laugh at myself often while trying to turf or ink walls with weapons that are lousy at either. Just imagine yourself on Flounder Heights, inking the entire street level and then at least one wall--because no one bothered even inking a wall--with any rapid blaster. Ridiculous.

"Wow team, sounds like everyone is having fun up there! Wish I could join but I have to make sure our side is covered. Sure would be nice if I had some help. And what are you doing down here?! That ink is the wrong color! Do you know how long it took me to ink the street with this thing?! No! Don't ink over my wall to escape!! Mrgrgr!!"

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Okay. Reached royalty on my main account; I switched from SM Neo to Slosher Deco after I reached 100,000p on the former weapon (just a fun milestone, so I figured I'd accelerate the last stretch by going to a more reliable weapon of mine). First match with the Deco was golden, myself going 10-2... afterwards, something went horribly wrong and, partly I, partly my team performed tragically. Only won a few more games after around 60/99 and ended on 1570 or so, which is still better than the last two.

I then figured I'd at least get Fiend on my Blaster alt (that's what I'm calling it now) which I'd set to the opposite team (partly because I wasn't too strongly feeling either side, partly to ensure that one account won), so I started with the Luna Neo and switched to the Rapid Pro. And this time, I know it was my teams. This is 1400 Costume/Fancy Dress, and if I had any fears of shifting the results to reduce the number of Snails on my main account, they were unfounded. I got three dominant splat records, one slightly positive and one even; also, I believe that I hit 700p on four of my five games, which is pretty okay for a Blaster. All the same, only one of them was even close, and my teammates were just sad to watch. So it took the full five to reach Fiend and I was only happy to stop playing after that.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Welp, I'm finished splatfest. Don't even feel like doing it on my other account. Not only did I not really like the maps, but the fact Flounder Heights was chosen 5x more than the other two[...]
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. My first four matches were back to back Flounder, which was totally uncool considering I was running a mini and they can't exactly charge when you're jumping off a building.
-I also don't like the map, but that's something else entirely.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Royalty didn't take too long on fancy, but with 50% win/lose ratio give or take, it took a lot longer than the last fest. I liked seeing a much more even distribution of skill this time around. It was difficult to increase my splatfest power compared to the past.

I just had a battle with 3 dynamos on our team, we still lost. They like them, but they ****ing suck with them.
No amount of nerfing is going to make those poorly designed weapons go away unless they are completely removed from the game. Might as well just accept it. :(

Welp, I'm finished splatfest. Don't even feel like doing it on my other account. Not only did I not really like the maps, but the fact Flounder Heights was chosen 5x more than the other two
Good, it wasn't just me then who felt like 60% of the time that map always came up. I don't really like that stage very much, so that was the major buzz kill for this event.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. My first four matches were back to back Flounder, which was totally uncool considering I was running a mini and they can't exactly charge when you're jumping off a building.
-I also don't like the map, but that's something else entirely.
I was mainly using the mini too, which made it all the more worse. And no matter what other alt weapons of mine I picked, slosher, 3k eliter, splat charger, aerospray, mini zink, the matches always ended the same: us either winning, then losing, or us getting immediately spawn camped. And I never really minded the map, but within the first hour of splatfest, I played on Flounder 15+, and the other two like 3 times. It's sad because I would play on that stage so much, that I would forget what the other two stages were. I hate this stage so much now.

Good, it wasn't just me then who felt like 60% of the time that map always came up. I don't really like that stage very much, so that was the major buzz kill for this event.
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I was neutral with the stage, but now I just hate it and can't stand it.

Is there anyone else who've played on Flounder more than the other stages?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Finally got to Fancy Queen(and level 38!) with a loss XD :p I played another match so I wouldn't end it off with a loss(won), but my end Fancy Power is 1173. I lost a lot .-. I also saw lag, but surprisingly no Fancy v Fancy battles.
It probably took me about 3 hours to get there

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I was neutral with the stage, but now I just hate it and can't stand it.

Is there anyone else who've played on Flounder more than the other stages?
i don't think it was overwhelmingly the majority [at least, i don't feel like it, i didn't keep track, but generally when i'm getting a stage 75% of the time i know], but i think it might've been slightly more than the other two. i definitely got ancho-v a lot too, and walleye was a rare occurrence. i don't mind flounder heights, but it's a really hard stage for chargers [it seems like it'd be great, but it's... not unless your team can control the middle 100% of the time], and inking the walls to climb up with a brush is a joke.

took a break, going back in with my charger alt now. most of the way to queen, and i'm definitely finding the matches easier here [this account is only A rank]. not really minding the possibility of skewing results to costume's favor with these wins, this account needs more snails than my main at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom