• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Dynamite

Inkling
NNID
DynoDuck
Well that was a close Splatfest. Good games to both teams. I'm happy Team Fancy snagged the win cause I haven't won a Splatfest since Team Past/Future prior to this one. ^-^'

My Splatfest experience was good. I won about 60% of my matches with only two disconnections. Both teams seemed equal in skill and most of my matches were pretty close. Ever since they changed the format I haven't experienced any consistent lopsided matches by a team during a Splatfest. Hopefully this continues.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Well, that was pretty close. I admit it was a bit frustrating, but I got better as the day went on and won about half my matches (probally just need to become as skilled as 1700 Splatfest power is). Good job to both teams, and enjoy the snails.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I wish splatfest was a bunch of minigames and botmatches instead of this slog where I can't experiment with my favorite part of the game: gear.

I say this every month, but splatfest is worth TOO much to actually be fun. You took 180,000 coins from me because of things I can't control. Thanks...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Formal vs. Costume Party Results.jpg

Well, at least we can say the meta got busted on the barest of margins this Splatfest. Must've been the influence of the Japanese fanbase.

I cannot wait to see all those fan manga and comics about Marie's loss now. Especially 94usA's inevitable "loser's game" sketch.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
View attachment 3191
Well, at least we can say the meta got busted on the barest of margins this Splatfest. Must've been the influence of the Japanese fanbase.

I cannot wait to see all those fan manga and comics about Marie's loss now. Especially 94usA's inevitable "loser's game" sketch.
Is there a place that has all of them translated? I only find a few translated.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I'm very happy Team Fancy won! This was my first splatfest getting Queen, I can't wait for those max sea snails (this is on my new account too, so it's very helpful!)

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Yay, Team Fancy won!

Told you guys Team Fancy was the way to go, and fortunately, most of y'all agreed.

This Splatfest wasn't as bad as Sandcastles or SpongeBob. Disconnections/lag were at a minimal, probably because I mostly played with sleep-deprived Japanese people. (I was playing between like 4:30 PM and 7:30 PM Eastern! They should be asleep!)

Still, it was basically playing hours of normal Turf War without friends being able to drop in. I definitely, definitely don't want global Splatfests. Part of the Splatfest fun is having names you can read be your teammates and trying to bond with them. I couldn't even tell if my Japanese minions dropped out or kept going because the names all look the same to me anyway.

I finished above 1400 (where I started) so obviously I helped Fancy's win rate, but getting from Champion to King was sooo much harder than Fanboy to Champion. I lost more than I won there.
Didn't play against my own team even once.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Yay, Team Fancy won!

Disconnections/lag were at a minimal, probably because I mostly played with sleep-deprived Japanese people. (I was playing between like 4:30 PM and 7:30 PM Eastern! They should be asleep!).
I sometimes really do wonder if there are people out there who love Splatoon more than me and can play it for even longer periods of time. Then I remember that there are japanese players who don´t need to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom. Splatoon is love, Splatoon is life.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I sometimes really do wonder if there are people out there who love Splatoon more than me and can play it for even longer periods of time. Then I remember that there are japanese players who don´t need to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom. Splatoon is love, Splatoon is life.
On any given game, no matter what that game might be, there are people that devote their lives to it. It's, uh, not something to be proud of.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
On any given game, no matter what that game might be, there are people that devote their lives to it. It's, uh, not something to be proud of.
Yeah, I know. It´s still weird how no matter what time of the day you play, you will always encounter japanese people who don´t seem to mind playing even very late at night. I don´t think I could play that well at 3 AM.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Wow, with all the horrible matches I had, I was certain that Fancy was going to lose.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Honestly, even though i was on team costume, i'm just glad the popular team won even if the japanese had to get involved to break that ****ty trend. Man did i suck this splatfest. I only remember doing well in a handfull of matches. I managed to win more than i lost (since my splatfest power was a little above starting point) and a lot of the matches i won was because i got carried hard :(. And it didn't help much that ancho-v games was in rotation, one of my worst maps. The japenese are really good at turf wars, that's for sure. i was not prepared for the *** kicking i was about to receiveo_O. Besides the servers going kapoot a few hours in, i never had any connection issues. It pretty much went as smoothly as any other day i play against japanese players.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I was so sure that Team Costume would be more popular... I mean, that's BOTH the kids and cosplayers, what demographic does Team Fancy appeal to so much?? Anyways, i'm glad the trend was broken, though I completely expect it to resume next Splatfest.
Wow, that was closer than I thought. GGs to both teams... now, how much you wanna bet 85% of both teams' Top 100 will consist of Japanese players? XD
I was thinking it'd be something closer to 99%...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
View attachment 3191

Quick! Someone come up with a conspiracy theory to put this all in perspective!

How dare this global splatfest ruin the NA splatfest meta. >={

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom