• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Senior Squid
As for tiers, my opinion is that Splattershot is the best weapon while the other three are around the same level.

Splattershot has the most mobility out of the weapons, the most flexibility in terms of combat role (you can swim and gank people like the Roller, you can camp the high ground like the Charger), and the most flexibility in terms of ink coverage (i.e. you don't have to move as close to the ground you want to ink). As long as you don't get caught off guard, you can win any duel against the other weapon types, and even when you do get caught you still have the ability to outplay your opponent if you've got enough ink on the ground nearby.

Splattershot Jr. in theory should be good for the same reasons as Splattershot, but I couldn't get it to work as well when I tried it. Maybe it's just not my style.

Splatroller is very reliant on the element of surprise in combat, which is fine, but it's more vulnerable than the other weapon types if caught out. As for ink coverage, it might have a strong coverage rate, but it only covers melee range, so when it comes to contested territory you put yourself in a lot of danger trying to cover.

Splatcharger is underrated in terms of ink coverage--it just specializes in corridors rather than open areas. It's mostly a combat-oriented weapon otherwise, though. Your line of sight being visible to the enemy will prove to be a huge problem, as people will learn to just swim back as soon as they see the line training on them. That said, I think this weapon stands to gain the most from customization: the default version had a long charge time and hardly-impressive range, making it difficult to work with. When caught out, it's semi-vulnerable, but stands a better chance than the Splatroller if it has to retreat behind cover.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Second session was pretty fun, it went by too fast though. I almost exclusively used the Splatshot Jr. cause the shield ability is good for surprising and easily killing rollers that are about to kill you. Still not used to the movement mechanics, but for someone that never plays shooters the motion controls feel a ton more intuitive then the analog ones.

Geistbox

Full Squid
One more hour to figure out whether I should spend the last session just having fun or getting good with the Splat Charger.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
One more hour to figure out whether I should spend the last session just having fun or getting good with the Splat Charger.
Why not Charger, try something new? Plus you might get good with it, report back to us! Be the scientist we need ^^7

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I want to play a bit more with the Splat Charger too, but at the same time I don't want to drag down my team by sucking with the weapon.

Obliminal

Inkling
NNID
Obliminal
I'm lost cause I should be able to play now but I can't I live in New York the Bronx

Attachments

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
I'm lost cause I should be able to play now but I can't I live in New York the Bronx
The demo starts in a half hour, and it lasts for an hour. The testfires are very limited and strict on time

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
I'll show up as KniteLyfe. (Maybe) see you guys in ten minutes!

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Ohhh man, the hype is real. 8 Minutes!

If you guys see somebody named "gameonion", that's me. Maybe I'll see some of you. :)

Toidiedud

Inkling
NNID
Toidiedud
Don't forget you can skip the tutorial by hitting start!

Anyways,here we go!

Update:New record for me. 1201 points,12 splats 1 death with roller. Real good game. Got a triple with the wail halfway across the map.

Rifle users can't handle the circle strafe yet it seems.

Last edited:

Geistbox

Full Squid
Using the Shooter to do quick movements and by hopping to cover uninked areas feels so good

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Did not enjoy this session that much because the game kept me disconnecting from matches. I think I had only 5 or so complete matches.

vgf177

Inkling
NNID
vgf177
Great now i have to wait 20 days to play this game again....

oh well it was a crazy fun demo and got me even more hype for the actual release of game
i felt like all the weapons were balanced excluding the splatcharger

also people can't handle the backpeddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom