• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
Hello! Same Wario Bros. from SmashBoards.

The demo is absolutely fantastic! I keep wanting more & moar! Definitely keeping my preorder & amiibo 3-pack order when the time comes.

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
GG everyone! That was really fun. Now we have to wait three weeks to play again. :(

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That was all so amazing. All three events!

I think I finally figured out the charger as well. You kinda have to just stick to your nest instead of going guns ablazing all the time, (with the exception of the super weapon since it can deal a lot of paint coverage).

As tempting as it is to go out and get enemy turf, as soon as you do, you become kinda useless with the chargers due to how vulnerable you are. Really is a technical weapon that requires precision and prediction.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I noticed that if your team doesn't have rollers, you really need to hunt down the roller players on the other side, and stop them.

Anyways, I want more. I need more Splatoon! Argggggh, why only an hour? Impressed with the netcode though. Even while streaming, I didn't lag for a second. Really, really happy for that.

If you saw either DAK075 on the first Sat. test, and then poi on the second Sat. test, you played against me.

Last edited:

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Amazing. Although the motion controls will take some more time, I'm more than impressed with the game. Encountered lag a couple of times where my ink just wouldn't land and showed up all of a sudden, game taking a long time to end, or I was splattered by an invisible player!

Splattershot was my favourite by far. Found just gunning for it the best! ;) too much fun. I'm going to be waiting by the mailbox so eagerly for my copy of the game to arrive!!

I was Megan in the game, might have seen me! :) hope we get at least one more demo session.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Hello! Same Wario Bros. from SmashBoards.

The demo is absolutely fantastic! I keep wanting more & moar! Definitely keeping my preorder & amiibo 3-pack order when the time comes.
What's up mate?

I've become more skilled by playing again and again.

Shame the demo lasted only two days. Well It was fun while it lasted though.

Pinky-Conehead

Inkling
That final wave was hype.
I feel like a good strategy for rollers would be to start a round by cleaning the starting area, then catch up with teammates, but only enough to get stealth kills, and clean up messes the enemies make. Then, around when the clock has 30 seconds left, try not to rush in and die. Finally, during the last 15 seconds or so, rush in and cover as much ground as you can on the enemy side. This way, you'll cover vital ground at the start of the round, and still get a large portion off of the enemy side last second to potentially win the game as well.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
What's up mate?

I've become more skilled by playing again and again.

Shame the demo lasted only two days. Well It was fun while it lasted though.
Yo!

But I have some hunch that this isn't the last batch of plays. A demo that's only good for 2 days for a game 20 days away from release sounds like a total waste.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Saved the Jr for my 3rd session and ended up having the most success with it! Still not as fun as the Charger to me, but it's hard to have success with it if your team isn't on the same page.

People are seriously sleeping on that weapon; its limited range isn't as much of an issue as you would think since you're getting your ink down so incredibly fast. Keeping Rollers at bay was a joke, especially once you had your special shield to activate. The fact that your shield properties help other teammates if they're near enough is just amazing, so much utility.

Edit: Depending on the feedback Nintendo gets (which should be overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen so far), what are the chances of us getting another weekend demo you guys think?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
So what weapons did everyone mainly use? I only used the Splattershot Jr. for all 3 Testfire's (I never used the other weapons, not even once). The Splattershot Jr. gained me a lot of success mainly because of the Bubbler. It's super effective in this main game mode. It might be more balanced in the other game modes. By the way, I think for every 5 to 8 wins, there's 1 loss. I basically dominated more than 3/4 of my matches using the Bubbler. The only way to fight against the Bubbler is basically to run away. If you're opponent has a trail behind them, they can run and the Bubbler becomes kinda of a waste.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Knowing Nintendo, I doubt there might be more. But who knows.
They released the second Mario Kart 8 DLC pack almost a month earlier. Would be nice if they could speed up the Splatoon release. Then again, they could also use those next 20 days to improve the game's server even more.

kyouzou

Inkling
NNID
kyouzou
Has anyone seen a match where 2 or 3 members score 0p even though theres 4 people playing and contributing. My friends have seen and I just saw it too I was curious as to what this is.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
They released the second Mario Kart 8 DLC pack almost a month earlier. Would be nice if they could speed up the Splatoon release. Then again, they could also use those next 20 days to improve the game's server even more.
Yes, exactly. But still, who knows. We'll see in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom