• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I did much better this round than the first time around. Ink Roller is so much fun to use, though I'l stick with the Splattershot Jr. Near the end, my group sneaked in one more match and pretty much dominated the map, lol.

If you ever ran into someone named Will, that was me BTW!

ggdeku

Inkling
NNID
GameBOI
Ya the Splattershot is amazing. Once I got my movement down, I was hunting and hiding and racking up the big numbers.

I really need to play this with a consistent team of good players though. It really sucks that Splatoon is launching with such a lack of options. Should have delayed it until everything was ready.

Linkfreak404

Full Squid
NNID
linkfreak404
So in general, the only weapons I'm good/decent at are the Roller and the Splatshot Jr.

I can't use the Sniper or the regular Splatshot to save my life at the moment. At least I won more games than I lost. lol

SirWhynus

Inkster Jr.
Y'know this reminds me of when I bought Destiny and hated it. I hated the game so much that I gave up on shooters. "They're all the same, and all boring!" I said.
I got rid of the game, and went back to my Wii u, and let my ps4 collect dust. Then this game comes, Now suddenly there's haters all over it, and I feel like one of those people who defended destiny. Hell, The profile pic I have, is Fanart that I made for the game, and I never do that. This game is the truth. I didn't even play the test fire, and watching the gameplay from people who has, hyped me up all the same as if I did.

SirWhynus

Inkster Jr.
>No wave dashing or L-cancelling

Does Nintendo really expect this game to last?
-

jokes aside, I had a blast with this game and can't wait to play it after my final exams
Ah, the smash community, you gave me a good laugh, and ugh final exams..

at least splatoon is the light at the end of the tunnel

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
I loved the demo. Despite the game not having voice chat, the 2 message notifications you can select really worked well; especially combined with the Super Jump ability. I wish I got to play more maps though. Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig are good, but just for verity I think I would've liked that.

Green_Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tiger-Fuather
Speaking of Wavedashing, it feels like Squiddashing is the equivalent. Really, it is the only thing saving Splattershot from never being used by me imo.

Splattershot is the beginners' weapon, but still has its uses later on. With the right strats, it will counter weapon, but not as effectively as the others. Unless if you are talking about the Splattershot Jr. You still need strats tho, or you'll get rekt by that high fire rate. Otherwise, you are the most efficient.

Splattershot Jr. seems to be an more advanced version of Splattershot, needing strats once again, but at heart, it is a support weapon and meant for defense. If you use it right, you can tackle chargers quickly. They have a slow fire and you have a high fire. Do the math.

Splat Charger. The air pro. YOU NEED TO GO AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE TO SURVIVE! Luckily the weapon was made to do that too. Yeah. It is a sniper, just remember to aim a little bit more up than normal. Ink falls faster than bullets, of course. Just keep an eye out for Splattershot Jrs.

Splat Roller. The air noob. Stay on the ground, and hope a charger doesn't sight you. You are meant to cover a ****ton of area, so do that! Leave no corner untouched and for the love of your god(s), COVER THAT SPAWN! It'll make it more obvious when someone is getting close to spawn

Yeah, overall I love the game. It got me hyped even when having very little interest earlier.

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
I really like how everyone has different opinions on the weapons. That seems better than everyone using a single "best" weapon.

Just curious: Did anyone run across Nintendo staff during the demos (they would wear lab coats)? I didn't.
I don't think I did.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Turns out I misspelled it, but here's the vid!
Hmmm... not a fan of i. While you appear to be putting ink down much quicker, and you conserve ink better, you still move way to slow to really benefit. You are much more vulnerable. Also, this will obviously only be a true use in Splat Zones. Plus, there will be perks that you can use that will probably help more.

Sorry to be a Debby Downer everyone, but I still find it too early to really start making "tiers", especially when we only have a certain loadout for these weapons, as we know there will be multiple loadouts of the same weapon. Of course, for a demo tier, it doesn't really matter. :P

Green_Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tiger-Fuather
Sorry to be a Debby Downer everyone, but I still find it too early to really start making "tiers", especially when we only have a certain loadout for these weapons, as we know there will be multiple loadouts of the same weapon. Of course, for a demo tier, it doesn't really matter. :p
Yeah. It is WAY too early, and even then, Nintendo is on the lookout. Remember when Diddy got nerfed after a short time of being praised as top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom