1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Global Testfire General Discussion

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Mayday, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empieflower

empieflower Senior Squid

NNID:
    empieflower
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4855-9837-7775
    I did much better this round than the first time around. Ink Roller is so much fun to use, though I'l stick with the Splattershot Jr. Near the end, my group sneaked in one more match and pretty much dominated the map, lol.

If you ever ran into someone named Will, that was me BTW!

2. ggdeku

ggdeku Inkling

NNID:
    GameBOI
    Ya the Splattershot is amazing. Once I got my movement down, I was hunting and hiding and racking up the big numbers.

I really need to play this with a consistent team of good players though. It really sucks that Splatoon is launching with such a lack of options. Should have delayed it until everything was ready.

3. Linkfreak404

Linkfreak404 Full Squid

NNID:
    linkfreak404
    So in general, the only weapons I'm good/decent at are the Roller and the Splatshot Jr.

I can't use the Sniper or the regular Splatshot to save my life at the moment. At least I won more games than I lost. lol

4. SirWhynus

SirWhynus Inkster Jr.

Y'know this reminds me of when I bought Destiny and hated it. I hated the game so much that I gave up on shooters. "They're all the same, and all boring!" I said.
    I got rid of the game, and went back to my Wii u, and let my ps4 collect dust. Then this game comes, Now suddenly there's haters all over it, and I feel like one of those people who defended destiny. Hell, The profile pic I have, is Fanart that I made for the game, and I never do that. This game is the truth. I didn't even play the test fire, and watching the gameplay from people who has, hyped me up all the same as if I did.

Linkfreak404 likes this.
  5. YesI'mTaco34

YesI'mTaco34 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    YesImTaco
    used nothing but Splatter shot and i had so much fun with it

SirWhynus likes this.
  6. Alexandoop

Alexandoop Inkling

NNID:
    TheUltraDeino
    >No wave dashing or L-cancelling

Does Nintendo really expect this game to last?
    -

jokes aside, I had a blast with this game and can't wait to play it after my final exams

Wario Bros., ProjectQ and SirWhynus like this.
  7. SirWhynus

SirWhynus Inkster Jr.

Ah, the smash community, you gave me a good laugh, and ugh final exams..

at least splatoon is the light at the end of the tunnel

8. Crusty Ramboseus

Crusty Ramboseus Senior Squid

NNID:
    Ramboseus
    @SirWhynus, thank you for not taking that bait mate :D

SirWhynus likes this.
  9. Connor

Connor Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    GamingMedia
    I loved the demo. Despite the game not having voice chat, the 2 message notifications you can select really worked well; especially combined with the Super Jump ability. I wish I got to play more maps though. Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig are good, but just for verity I think I would've liked that.

10. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Tiger-Fuather
    Speaking of Wavedashing, it feels like Squiddashing is the equivalent. Really, it is the only thing saving Splattershot from never being used by me imo.

Splattershot is the beginners' weapon, but still has its uses later on. With the right strats, it will counter weapon, but not as effectively as the others. Unless if you are talking about the Splattershot Jr. You still need strats tho, or you'll get rekt by that high fire rate. Otherwise, you are the most efficient.

Splattershot Jr. seems to be an more advanced version of Splattershot, needing strats once again, but at heart, it is a support weapon and meant for defense. If you use it right, you can tackle chargers quickly. They have a slow fire and you have a high fire. Do the math.

Splat Charger. The air pro. YOU NEED TO GO AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE TO SURVIVE! Luckily the weapon was made to do that too. Yeah. It is a sniper, just remember to aim a little bit more up than normal. Ink falls faster than bullets, of course. Just keep an eye out for Splattershot Jrs.

Splat Roller. The air noob. Stay on the ground, and hope a charger doesn't sight you. You are meant to cover a ****ton of area, so do that! Leave no corner untouched and for the love of your god(s), COVER THAT SPAWN! It'll make it more obvious when someone is getting close to spawn

Yeah, overall I love the game. It got me hyped even when having very little interest earlier.

11. Wario Bros.

Wario Bros. Full Squid

NNID:
    WarioBrose
    Just curious: Did anyone run across Nintendo staff during the demos (they would wear lab coats)? I didn't.

12. KniteLyfe

KniteLyfe Full Squid

NNID:
    KniteLyfe
    I really like how everyone has different opinions on the weapons. That seems better than everyone using a single "best" weapon.

I don't think I did.

Green_Ivy likes this.
  13. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Tiger-Fuather

Wario Bros. likes this.
  14. Captain Norris

Captain Norris Inkling Commander

Can someone link me to this Squiddashing?

15. RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
    Premium

NNID:
    RespawningJesus
    I wish. I would've shown them no mercy. Mwahahaha.

Squid dashing or splat dashing?

Wario Bros. likes this.
  16. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Tiger-Fuather
    Turns out I misspelled it, but here's the vid!

17. Captain Norris

Captain Norris Inkling Commander

Hmmm... not a fan of i. While you appear to be putting ink down much quicker, and you conserve ink better, you still move way to slow to really benefit. You are much more vulnerable. Also, this will obviously only be a true use in Splat Zones. Plus, there will be perks that you can use that will probably help more.

Sorry to be a Debby Downer everyone, but I still find it too early to really start making "tiers", especially when we only have a certain loadout for these weapons, as we know there will be multiple loadouts of the same weapon. Of course, for a demo tier, it doesn't really matter. :p

Green_Ivy likes this.
  18. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Tiger-Fuather
    Yeah. It is WAY too early, and even then, Nintendo is on the lookout. Remember when Diddy got nerfed after a short time of being praised as top?

Captain Norris likes this.
  19. Wario Bros.

Wario Bros. Full Squid

NNID:
    WarioBrose
    Checked the Wii U eShop. The Splatoon Testfire Demo can still be found, but it's not available for a download.

Things ain't looking good for more demoing. :(

20. Burgundy Blade

Burgundy Blade Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    SuperSableye24
    Sucks that we have to wait 20 more days for more Splatoon, I could really use the practice. More time for Smash practice I guess.

Wario Bros. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.