• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoNico

Inkling
NNID
MseaCreasy
Did anyone see some scientist squids? Btw, I'm from the original squidboards.

Riskman

Inkling
NNID
WeavOrSomething
Idk what this stuff about roller being OP is, I'm not particularly great at the game but I only played as roller as I want to play as one weapon type for each session, and I got killed a bunch of times by people with splatter just running back and shooting, and the weapon takes a while to actually spray anything when you shake it, so if someone is behind a roller it's like a free kill for them. The kills I got were mainly players fleeing out of the center who didn't see me from the narrow passage I was busy filling up etc.

Shane M

Inkling
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
Rifles seem to be the weakest out of the 3 classes. either itneeds a longer range or a wider cover of ink to cover for me to consider using it.

EDIT: I mean chargers.

Last edited:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If we are listing complaints, then I have a couple even with my overall enjoyable experience.

1. I don't like how the arcade game "Squid Jump" starts exactly where you left off. Is more annoying then anything.

2. I wish L was the sub weapon button but I got used to R.

Other then that, AWESOME! :D

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Oh man, that was so much fun. Connection ran super smooth; no lag, though sometimes I couldn't connect to a group. Can't believe an hour passed already. Super excited to play tomorrow.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
Oh yeah! I saw that on the nintendo direct, and immediately started doing that every time! I like to cover the entire homebase in ink, and then swim over everybody else's path to catch up. Then at that point, I usually avoid the war zones, and go about doing my own thing.
I sort of treat the roller like being a Spy in TF2. If I face someone up front, I'm just asking to be slaughtered. But if I can keep behind people, and stray from the big warzones, I can cover lots of unnoticed turf, as well as squash a few unsuspecting people.
Sounds like how I tried to play it! Just wish more people were doing it that way. Did you by any chance notice other rollers not being quite so tactical?

Wil

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wilemina
I loved it! The tilt control took a few minutes to get used to, but I like it. The most refreshing shooting game that I've played in years.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
the first hour was really fun had lag and it played smooth didn't know you could disable motion controls in the demo until it was over so on the next hour gonna try with them disabled and I so can't wait to get the full game on the 29th gonna be great

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
I feel that you need to be very in touch with the game's controls to use the splat charger effectively. You need to be able to:
1. Maximize time
2. Maximize ink usage
3. Maximize your positioning

Which requires the skill to quickly read the geometry of the paint, and position yourself in the best possible position, angle, and charge level to most effectively cover an area.

On a baser level it's obviously the best long range, which gives it a nice defensive niche. Whenever I saw the laser sight I ran the **** away, so it has a good fear factor at least.

vgf177

Inkling
NNID
vgf177
The game was amazing and quite honestly can't wait till 4 A.M to play it again.

Easily going to be one of the best Wii U games

SmashCapps

Senior Squid
NNID
Quixzen
MVP for my team basically every single game but one, had an EPIC time. Even shot down a guy in a lab coat! AW YEAH!

Now my initial impressions: Maybe it was just the maps we got to play on, but the Sniper was basically trash. Every team that had multiple snipers on them were the closest games to losing, and even with just one it was rough. I do not for the life of me understand why I'm seeing folks going around saying rollers are OP right now. Maybe I got bad rollers but it seemed like they were able to be dealt with though they really are solid. I saw folks with teams of like 3 to 4 though and they tended to get clobbered, no variety on your team at all seems to urt. At least one gun seems to be needed. I found the Jr class was probably the best for me to use personally, they seem really solid overall.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Only played 30 minutes of the demo but it was really fun. :D When people get more skilled I don't think rollers will be as good, but for now they seem to pubstomp people who don't know what they are doing. (like me)

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
MVP for my team basically every single game but one, had an EPIC time. Even shot down a guy in a lab coat! AW YEAH!

Now my initial impressions: Maybe it was just the maps we got to play on, but the Sniper was basically trash. Every team that had multiple snipers on them were the closest games to losing, and even with just one it was rough. I do not for the life of me understand why I'm seeing folks going around saying rollers are OP right now. Maybe I got bad rollers but it seemed like they were able to be dealt with though they really are solid. I saw folks with teams of like 3 to 4 though and they tended to get clobbered, no variety on your team at all seems to urt. At least one gun seems to be needed. I found the Jr class was probably the best for me to use personally, they seem really solid overall.
It really depends on the players and their load outs imo.

Like, the last match I went in had 3 rollers and 1 splatter on my team, while the other team had 2 Jrs. and Splatters.

And we dominated them, like 70% dominated them.

Sniper is super situational depending on the other team tbh. A guy on Smashboards said that he dominated the other team because he went up high and was sniping a whole team of rollers for free.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Sounds like how I tried to play it! Just wish more people were doing it that way. Did you by any chance notice other rollers not being quite so tactical?
Oh yeah, all the time. People coming out of spawn, not super jumping to somebody else, and instead of turning into a squid, they instead decide to just roll over already covered turf and run straight back into the battlefield.

But that being said, all of us have literally been playing for an hour. I wasn't exactly expecting Metagame worthy matches, here. XD

Nibroc

rasutosutāman
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I had an absolute blast playing tonight! I had a pretty good run with the ink roller, 10-0. After that I switched between Splattershot & Splattershot Jr. I had one round with the Sniper that was decent, but every other was pretty rough. Definitely the biggest learning curve. I enjoyed the motion controls (except for the sniper), I found them to be quite comfortable after a match to adjust. I'm not too worried about rollers being OP; While I had an amazing round with one, I think they were just the easiest to hop in and start contributing with. I took screenshots of some of my match results, haha. My friends had quite the laugh:

http://imgur.com/a/NGpy1#0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom