Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
My favorite thing was seeing an enemy landing point and lining up a shot, just waiting for the second they land. From spawn to death before they take a single step.
Honestly... it took me longer than I admit to just stop mindlessly just diving back into the chaos, especially when the teammate I'm jumping too is surrounded. I guess since you respawn so fast it's not even noticeable but it's something to keep in mind when deciding what your next move is.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Well this build is more fun than the E3 & Pax builds I've played. This took me back to the last time I squealed with child like glee (playing a video game) which was 1986 and the release of the 1st Metroid. I enjoyed myself so much and I'll be playing this game for a long time. Fast pace chaotic fun and I give Splatoon's 1st test two very enthusiastic thumbs up! NO lag, flawless loading, and no kicks or crashes like I thought!

My notes:

The Ink roller is awesome and will undoubtedly be my go to. I love and hate how 2 rollers running over each other kills both. I ended up not rolling over but splatting enemy's a few games in.

Ink depletion for sub weapons is nuts. I got adapt at ducking in and filling my meter again and again while avoiding people and covering ground.

The sniper rifle is good at range but annoying to me. I don't like the charge mechanic but knew I wouldn't. It's meant for defensive kills and protecting teammates in turf war. It definitely didn't cover ground well or fast enough.

My favorite combo...surprisingly was the slattershot jr and bubbler...good lord I was godlike with that combo! I didn't die with that setup it just turns someone with good reaction time into a killing and covering machine. Standing there taking shots not taking dmg then obliterating the person attacking me, check please!

Min map is great. I didn't know that you could willy-nilly teleport to your teammate once you were in the middle of the map. great for mobility as a roller and I protected a teammate by killing his or her attacker as I fell, had no idea you could splat close to the ground. So glad that will be a solid mobility tool.

Both maps gave me great insight and now I can theory craft and get strategic with strats. I loved them both. So much better than Urchin Underpass.

I love this game. I sincerely hope that this game is successful. I want to play Splatoon for years.

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
You gotta be stealthy in large scale battles if you are using the roller.

Or you can just charge in with the Roller and get a 6 kill streak going near the enemy spawn like I did LOL XD :p

Hyperthrough

Inkling
NNID
Hyperthrough
I think the Roller won't be very useful in Ranked mode as there is one particular area to cover. It can probably make a defensive weapon overall.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Honestly... it took me longer than I admit to just stop mindlessly just diving back into the chaos, especially when the teammate I'm jumping too is surrounded. I guess since you respawn so fast it's not even noticeable but it's something to keep in mind when deciding what your next move is.
Splat Chargers don't lend themselves well to chaotic firefights, so I was better off just respawning the old-fashioned way.

Please take my dignity, Big N, for Splatoon sooner...

...and more Earthbound...
Nah, man. Leave Mother alone. I don't need no Mother 3-2 HD Remaster.

peep911

Inkling
NNID
peep911
I didn't even count my wins to losses, but I do know that I was at the top rank on my team almost every time :D

Agro

Inkling
Or you can just charge in with the Roller and get a 6 kill streak going near the enemy spawn like I did LOL XD :p
Now that sounds like something that could be a problem. Maybe the developers should try doing a League thing and having the spawn area be protected?

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
Now that sounds like something that could be a problem. Maybe the developers should try doing a League thing and having the spawn area be protected?
Yeah, the immediate spawn area is protected by a shield, I just meant that I came from around the corner of their spawn when they came through XD :P

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
The spawns are protected, though people still have to watch the enemy ink, they could be anywhere...

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
Holy crap, it was so freaking fun, I loved the whole thing. Really makin' up to be a fantastic game, I cannot wait. This is seriously going to be the hardest three weeks ever, just lying in anticipation for this game. But seriously, testfire was super super fun, and I'm really glad that the servers managed to hold up so well.

Smashington

Senior Squid
The spawns are protected, though people still have to watch the enemy ink, they could be anywhere...
The protection only covers the platform you spawn on from what I saw, the second they try to leave spawn your team can hose them

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
The protection only covers the platform you spawn on from what I saw, the second they try to leave spawn your team can hose them
Although you can also still fire out of the shield. Maybe with a Charger it may be an issue, but eventually 4 people pushing with ink trails should make it out. Especially with proper subweapons.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
I hope someone upload their stream to Youtube so we can watch replays. I think Brownman will be uploading it, he's pretty good about uploading streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom