• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
They could make it so you could click on the left joystick to bring up a full screen map and press a to super squid jump to a friendly location
That could also work! That way the map wouldn't be as intrusive if that's what their reasoning was.

Another thing I like is that as simple as the "C'mon" call out is, it's surprisingly effective. Most people understood that when I used I needed assistance and usually came with me. "Booyah" was mostly not used. Do we know if we'll have any other phrases once the game's out?

1/128

Inkling
That could also work! That way the map wouldn't be as intrusive if that's what their reasoning was.

Another thing I like is that as simple as the "C'mon" call out is, it's surprisingly effective. Most people understood that when I used I needed assistance and usually came with me. "Booyah" was mostly not used. Do we know if we'll have any other phrases once the game's out?
I highly hope there's more phrases to use. As you said, the moment I used "C'mon" someone got in there in a second.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I was referring to this:
View attachment 136

Edit: But yeah, I do expect variants of weapons.
This image shows it better. Different brands manufacture the same weapons with different sub and special weapons, it is not fully customizable, but there will be some variety even for the same main weapon (There is also a "Tentatek Splattershot" in the selection, alongside the standard Splattershot)

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
This image shows it better. Different brands manufacture the same weapons with different sub and special weapons, it is not fully customizable, but there will be some variety even for the same main weapon (There is also a "Tentatek Splattershot" in the selection, alongside the standard Splattershot.
I'm really glad they have this. It's a good way to make multiple loadouts while still being cool.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Niceu niceu @ the customisable load out. I didn't really like the bomb frenzy specials, but the shield was only available with Splattershot Jr., so it's good to see I can mix it up a bit in the final game.

Cedy

Inkling
NNID
Cedyism
One of the funnest games i ever played. There's always action and the weapons are well balanced. The online is super smooth! It's sad that we can't play a lot of it, i'm hyped for its official release! Splattershot Jr. Is my favorite of the bunch right now.

Last edited:

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
I am a HUGE fan of the Splattershot Jr, it helped against loads of roller people. Roller was also really fun, especially when my team wasn't trying to get ink anywhere

Protox

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ProtoxFox
Roller looks the best so far imo, never got the chance to try out the Charge weapon though so idk if it would be better or not.

Ice

Inkling
I was scoring the best with the Roller. Really impressed by this game so far.

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Played both sessions and I hope I'll have time for the last one this afternoon. To me, the most fascinating mechanic of the entire thing is the ability to hide in plain sight as a squid... to simply vanish whenever you need to or pop out of the background like Predator. This is my favorite mechanic of the entire design. The whole thing is clever, but this concept is especially exciting. It introduces a chaotic, unstable element to each skirmish. An advantage can be instantly reversed, a stalemate easily broken.

I do feel the shield is the most OP weapon/item/thing. It can save your bacon when you're in real trouble and you can spring a trap on multiple people. Jump out of the ooze, flick your shield on, toss a bomb and light em up. And if somebody activates theirs you'd better put yours on, too. With it, you serve as a tank/crowd control type figure.

Inkdeed, this game has the potential to be very... deep.

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
I overslept but woke up about 15 minutes before Round 2 ended so I got a good 4 games in. Still loving what I'm seeing!

MrRoidley

Full Squid
Now playing it more, I take it back what I said about the Roller. I still think it needs a nerf but slowing it down isn't the answer
But of course, give it some more time since the game is new and all.

I'm really excited for the full game. Every single mechanic is just too good

And this second time the servers were better. Wonder if less people were online, thought this one would be the most crowded one.

Last edited by a moderator:

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
I only had an issue connecting once this time compared to about 6 or 7 last time. My second sessions went WAY better than the first, Splattershot Jr. all the way :P

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Anyone encounter me? I was Kiera, said "Nice" at the start of every round, cutie girl squid

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
Opinion/Strategy Options for weapons...

S Jr.: Second best land coverer so far, decent head to head combat, ability; excellent self and team defensive capabilities.
Splattershot: All-around standard, good in head to head combat (better aim than S Jr.?), ability; high bum rush potential.
Splat Roller: "Splatoon's Little Mac", best land coverer, insta-kill melee (but with weak ranged power), with stealth can become an assassin, ability; awesome area control/intimidation, or jerkish spawn killer.
Charger: Best range so far, best in non-direct combat, makes great paths and covers slim halls better than Roller's can, ability; bum rush tier 2.

Conclusion
Splattershot Jr. : Turf Grunt (spread ink), Support Unit, Roller Defender.
Splatershot: Basic Unit/Fighter.
Splat Roller: Very good Turf Grunt, Stealth Killer, Enemy Control (can attacks enemy spawns really well, even in Saltspray Rig where the team spawn is too high to reach (using Killer Wail only)).
Charger: Enemy Control (not as easy as Roller), Pathmaker (can let chargers dash as a squid for long distances), Turf Grunt (only in slim halls).

Burgundy Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperSableye24
I remember waking up at around 6:30, and I thought "It isn't time yet, I'll just wait in bed for a few minutes." Then next time I woke up it was 8:45. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom