• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
It's been quite a while since we had a four random weapons round.
By the way, Mr. Grizz is gonna have almost three days off. No Salmon Run until December 1st.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
It's been quite a while since we had a four random weapons round.
By the way, Mr. Grizz is gonna have almost three days off. No Salmon Run until December 1st.
I think Mr. Grizz needs some time to... savour all the eggs we've been collecting for him these past few months. ;)

It does feel a bit weird to not have to work for a few days... I never thought I would say this about work, but I need my shifts, Grizz!!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's correct. That was fixed two patches ago--it turns out that being unable to get one of the main weapons based on which special you had was a bug in the first place.
Ah, that makes sense. I always found it kinda weird. It's strange I never noticed it before because I play Salmon run all the time.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame considering I'm pretty much only playing Splatoon 2 whenever I have free time for the last week or so. Maybe Grizzco is busy producing December's gear or something.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Alright, so I've played the new SR map twice now, so here's my delayed opinion...

It's uh...
It's uuuh...
It's great. When you play with friends, that is. It makes high tide surprisingly tolerable, it makes griller waves easy, it makes basically everything a walk in the park. Now what's with randos, you ask? Now don't get me wrong, I always give randos the benefit of the doubt, I freelance up to 4k each rotation no questions asked if I have the time. But on this map? This is my average experience once high tide hits:
Seriously randos, what's the big deal? Ever heard of camaraderie? You know, like, waiting for at least one more person to jump on that platform before you decide to shoot the fan frantically as if you life depended on it? No? Figured as much cuz I stopped counting how many times I drowned in a single round, with the impending team wipe because they kept murdering eachother with this gimmick. It's not cool, lol. I'll bring some extra ritalin next time I decide to freelance on this map, every other map is not as aggravating when dealing with these quirks.

Somebody on the Salt fred said:
and then realized the weapon comp this shift was all really slow stuff. Splatterscope, ForgePro, Sloching Machine, and...Dynamo.
The Splat Charger is quite fast actually? ;-; I enjoyed this rotation a lot, on both Profresh and while babysitting the first two ranks in teams of 2-3 people usually. Especially the newbie squibs I found did quite well considering they had zero experience with the weapons. It was a sight to behold, to say the least.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
After the brief break we got SR is (or was?) open again with the Hydra being new to the mode.

My first impressions with it in SR is that it's not very good for this mode. It's elongated charge time puts it in danger of Stingers/Flyfish, and a full charge is seldom necessary to shred mobs/bosses with. It takes too long to charge before I'll be able to destroy what i need to be destroying effectively, basically. It being another heavyweight weapon doesn't help it much either with retrieving eggs.
But I'm more interested in what you guys and girls have to say about it? I'm not someone who's familiar with the weapon at all, so i may just be bad at it.

I'd like to also add another question here, what do you people think is the best SR weapon? I personally think it's the Dapple Dualies. Great for map control, excellent DPS that allows it to just shred every type of salmon aside from Steelhead to bits, and it's lightweight aswell allowing it to cruise quickly across the map. It's terrible range becomes a nonissue due to none of the Salmonid really having a surefire ranged attack.
If i had a dream team it'd probably be... Dapple Dualies, Sploosh, Squiffer and .52 Gal.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Had a pretty uneventful run, but my girlfriend did manage to get this great shot in.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After the brief break we got SR is (or was?) open again with the Hydra being new to the mode.

My first impressions with it in SR is that it's not very good for this mode. It's elongated charge time puts it in danger of Stingers/Flyfish, and a full charge is seldom necessary to shred mobs/bosses with. It takes too long to charge before I'll be able to destroy what i need to be destroying effectively, basically. It being another heavyweight weapon doesn't help it much either with retrieving eggs.
But I'm more interested in what you guys and girls have to say about it? I'm not someone who's familiar with the weapon at all, so i may just be bad at it.

I'd like to also add another question here, what do you people think is the best SR weapon? I personally think it's the Dapple Dualies. Great for map control, excellent DPS that allows it to just shred every type of salmon aside from Steelhead to bits, and it's lightweight aswell allowing it to cruise quickly across the map. It's terrible range becomes a nonissue due to none of the Salmonid really having a surefire ranged attack.
If i had a dream team it'd probably be... Dapple Dualies, Sploosh, Squiffer and .52 Gal.
No, you're right, the Hydra sucks for SR. The problem is that the Hydra can only do long batches of fire very well. It can't do shorter bursts, which is what you want for SR. This is a problem for the other modes, and it's a problem here. You never need to fire as long as the Hydra can, and for shorter amounts, it simply takes too much time for the amount of fire you get from it.

As for the best weapons. I personally prefer weapons that can take out enemies quickly. Of course, things like chargers and the Jet Squelchers can be useful for OHKOing Steelheads and the like, but I still find things like the Splattershot, the Zapper or the Mini Splatling the most convenient to use.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
So what would be the best no-shooter Salmon Run lineup? Assuming no more than one of each weapon type (chargers, blasters, etc).

Jon914

Pro Squid
I'd like to also add another question here, what do you people think is the best SR weapon? If i had a dream team it'd probably be... Dapple Dualies, Sploosh, Squiffer and .52 Gal.
Sploosh, Squiffer and 52 are my favorite SR weapons. I prioritize weapons that kill quickly, ink well and are mobile. Those three would be in my dream team too.

As for the fourth? I'd say the brella or the heavy, with a bunch of other good choices not being far behind, such as the L3, Rapid, 96.

Maave

Inkling Commander
So what would be the best no-shooter Salmon Run lineup? Assuming no more than one of each weapon type (chargers, blasters, etc).
NON shooter: Splat Charger, Splat Roller, Tri-Slosher, and Mini Splatling

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Bob Ross does not approve of these new rain boots :<

Yeah I mostly agree for the Hydra. It is too slow to be effective. In most runs, by the time I have the thing charged, all of my teammates have already killed everything. It has two niches for me. One is instantly shredding the mothership by itself. The other is taking down Stingers from a safe distance (assuming it doesn't kill you while you're trying to charge). It could probably be amazing against Grillers (if your teammates will protect your feet), but I never got a Griller round.

Best SR Weapon, eh? I'd have to say Splat Dualies. It has respectable DPS, and enough range to take out Steelheads without much issue. Also if your DPS isn't enough, just dodge roll and shred the enemies. You won't get ganked by a player seeing it coming.

I would have to say:
Splat Brella
Trislosher
Splat Roller
Heavy Splatling

Now that we have the Hydra, where is our all heavy line-up? That's right:
Dynamo Roller
Tenta Brella
Hydra Splatling
E-Liter

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Bob Ross does not approve of these new rain boots :<

Yeah I mostly agree for the Hydra. It is too slow to be effective. In most runs, by the time I have the thing charged, all of my teammates have already killed everything. It has two niches for me. One is instantly shredding the mothership by itself. The other is taking down Stingers from a safe distance (assuming it doesn't kill you while you're trying to charge). It could probably be amazing against Grillers (if your teammates will protect your feet), but I never got a Griller round.

Best SR Weapon, eh? I'd have to say Splat Dualies. It has respectable DPS, and enough range to take out Steelheads without much issue. Also if your DPS isn't enough, just dodge roll and shred the enemies. You won't get ganked by a player seeing it coming.

I would have to say:
Splat Brella
Trislosher
Splat Roller
Heavy Splatling

Now that we have the Hydra, where is our all heavy line-up? That's right:
Dynamo Roller
Tenta Brella
Hydra Splatling
E-Liter
And then the all light line-up:
Undercover Brella
Carbon Roller
Mini Splatling
Bamboozler MK 1

And maybe a medium one too!
Splat Brella/Splattershot
Splat Roller/Slosher
Splat Dualies
Splat Charger

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hate to say it but I dont mind getting the aerospary in SR. Think the brellas do good work also.

Missed when the hydra made an appearance and by the sounds of it, not so good. That makes me kinda sad.

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Yeah the Aerospray was decent. Also I got a Grizzco Brella this time around and it's freakin bonkers. Really fun to use against the Chum and Smallfry.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
New map with 'woke' players on a griller shift = Easy money.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If the dream team had to be narrowed down to non-shooters(that prob also means dualies) and one per class, this is what i'm gonna go with:

-Carbon Roller
-Squiffer
-Mini
-Clash Blaster

My answers are going to be kinda predictable: I feel that for the most part dps and mobility matters most in SR, so I'll likely always answer with the light weapons. (The only exception being the Inkbrush, it's kinda terrible at everything in SR)

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Shift Report:

Nice last minute drive to the basket.

Synchronization complete.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What would be the nightmare load out? I think goo tuber and ink brush are automatic includes. Trying to figure out the other 2. Hydra and dyno come to mind due to the speed but they are heavy hitters and the roller is like god mode for the glowfly shift.

Thoughts?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
What would be the nightmare load out? I think goo tuber and ink brush are automatic includes. Trying to figure out the other 2. Hydra and dyno come to mind due to the speed but they are heavy hitters and the roller is like god mode for the glowfly shift.

Thoughts?
Hydra, Dynamo, Bamboozler, E-liter 4K Scope. I mean, I like most of these weapons, but I think the employees in general would have a very hard time with these weapons put together. 0_x Me too. Coupled together with a few turfy weapons, these weapons are all fine in my eyes, but grouped together like that... Lawd have mercy. x) (And no, mr. Grizz, don't get any ideas... I know you're reading this thread. ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom