• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Can't wait for the Grizz Charger to be released. :D It's gonna be like a small glimpse of what heaven on earth feels like!

Sweet Revenge, pierce shot on two Steelheads!

Living on the edge™.

Bye_Drizzler.mp4 - first time I ever had this happen, the Drizzler dying before landing at all. :D Props to my colleagues for that overtime shift, Hero of Lime, Dessgeega and Danku! It was mighty fun cracking the 6k points while helping you out, lol.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
So I had a bit of a fail a while ago at Lost Outpost during low tide. I was jumping across water from one ledge to another when all of a sudden a maws happens to move over the ledge. So basically instead of landing on the wall and swimming up it I feel into the water. It's pretty funny. If you look up Marry Woomy on Facebook you can find a short video of it.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mr. Grizz must be in a great mood or the Samonoids are ticking`em off big time because this may be the best load out yet.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really don't like this map, though. The little Ancho-V Games fan thingies only get in the way. In general, the map feels to small, cramped.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I really don't like this map, though. The little Ancho-V Games fan thingies only get in the way. In general, the map feels to small, cramped.
I share that sentiment. While it's a nice idea, it makes for lots of squissues in practice. I had plenty of cases where I got swatted by a horde of chum or something similar because the teammate wouldn't wait that one second for me to get on the platform, it slows down returning to the basket by a lot and despite the map being quite open, I can't help but think it feels super cramped too. Zerg rush waves are rather easy there, but once a Griller wave comes around, lots of Freelancers seem to have troubles regardless of wave-number and it's so much easier to get overrun during a wave three high tide.

But regardless of that, I manage to die in funny ways again, like:
A true profreshional.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Hey J'Wiz, I think we fished together last night. My in-game name is hamachi.

Last night's rotation was pretty good! I was worried that it'd be unbalanced with 2 chargers and a long-range blaster, but we did pretty well and got a decent 81 egg run in, including a stellar 33 egg Goldie seek round.

This rotation cements my opinion that the Squiffer is a top-tier SR weapon thanks to its quick charge, piercing and high damage.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Was iffy when I saw the double charger load out. Turned out to be pretty fun and effective.

Very nice to see SR up when splatfest is going on.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Hey J'Wiz, I think we fished together last night. My in-game name is hamachi.

Last night's rotation was pretty good! I was worried that it'd be unbalanced with 2 chargers and a long-range blaster, but we did pretty well and got a decent 81 egg run in, including a stellar 33 egg Goldie seek round.

This rotation cements my opinion that the Squiffer is a top-tier SR weapon thanks to its quick charge, piercing and high damage.
I don't remember it unfortunately. I remember having a couple of really good Goldie Seeking rounds last night, but that's about it. There was a crazy one where a teammate instantly opened the Geyser as the round started.

One great thing about last night's rotation is the fact that I get a Charger no matter what. Either my favorite Charger or the super cool Bamboozler. I get both if I'm lucky! Range Blaster is difficult to get used to with how ink hungry and slow it is, but I think I'm used to it.

Even if I don't much remember it, it's nice playing with a fella from the forums.

Last edited:

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Hey so... Any clue why the schedule for Salmon Run changed up a bit?

One of the upcoming sessions was originally scheduled as:
"11/23 7:00PM - 11/24 7:00PM"
Now as of today, that same time slot has apparently changed to:
"11/24 3:00AM - 11/25 9:00AM"
My only guess is that they don't want Salmon Run going on during Thanksgiving, so now they only have 1 hour of Salmon Run available on the 23rd. (Next SR sessions ends 11/23 1:00AM ET)

Other than that, no clue. If anyone knows something involving this, do tell. Thanks.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That is weird. Maybe something to do with the update coming? I`ll look around and see if I can turn something up.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Guess it might have to do with the update. Video was just put out for the new update, new Salmon Run map ink-coming as well.

"Check out major updates coming to Splatoon 2! The first free update hits Nov. 23 and adds a new stage for Salmon Run, new gear and new hairstyle options for Inklings, as well as many other features, with additional new battle stages rolling out beginning Nov. 24. The second free update will be available mid-December and introduces a frantic new Ranked Battle mode called Clam Blitz!"

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
To put it nicely, this stage is going to take some getting used to.

To not put it nicely, it's chaos.

Low tide is pretty simple with two very large bits of land to fight on.

Mid tide is okay. It's a little cramped, but you can get things done.

High tide is a nightmare. Remember the platforms in Mariner's Bay you took where no-one bothered to wait on you? Imagine that being your only form of getting from one part of the stage to the other. Also imagine someone not waiting on you getting you killed as you try to get on the ramp. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I can guarantee that it will. Also having to take those things to get eggs. I'm almost wondering if it's just not worth going to the other side unless there's a stinger, flyfish, or drizzler.

The only special wave I encountered so far is the Mothership. I'm still not sure on the best way to approach it, but once again, having to take those platforms makes it needlessly tedious.

E-Liter is king on this map. You can snipe everything from right beside the basket.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
This is my favourite stage omg. So large and open. There's a LOT of paintable walls so you can maneuver around a lot.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is probably the easiest stage so far. High tide is a little annoying, due to the two propellor platforms, but that's the only situation where they actually play a big role. Mid tide is great. Open enough but also small enough to make the rounds easily. Low tide is fun too.

Glowflies are problematic though. That might be my teammates, however.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
It seems that the opinion about this stage's difficulty varies a lot between different peeps! Some people say it's super hard, others that it's easy... I would say it's definitely one of the harder ones--mayhaps the hardest one of the bunch. But I do like it, and for me it posed no problems! (Then again, if you have nerded Salmon Run as much as I have--it's hard to be fazed by anything. :D)

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
the new stage is great! I really like it honestly... except that every time I try to jump onto those fans I swear I either miss and jump into the water, or have to quickly turn around and wait for it to come back because one squid decided to go alone without waiting for a few seconds... oh well :3...

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
Just did my first few shifts on the new stage. For the most part it's pretty okay, though the first time around I did get stuck on a propellor platform with a Maws :/ But that's mostly on me.

However, one thing's clear: Griller runs at high tide are MURDER. One idea I had posthumously though, was that if you've got a Griller scoping you, maybe you could hop on a propellor platform and go across to the other half? I'm really curious how the Griller would handle that, since it wouldn't have a path to you unless it goes back into the water which I'm not sure if it can do. Will it just stall there at the edge like a sitting duck? If someone can try it and post the results I'd appreciate it, and of course if I get to try it I'll post it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom