• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Raxel920

Full Squid
2 Words: IT'S TINY.
Staying Profreshinal is near impossible. They just don't stop coming.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Pro Tip from a friend that Elecmaw and I fished with last night... He's now up to Profresh 500 on this map.

On Goldie Rush and Grillers, use the middle platforms to bait them! It's a variation on that wall trick in Lost Outpost. Give that a try and let us know what you think about this strategy.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
2 Words: IT'S TINY.
Staying Profreshinal is near impossible. They just don't stop coming.
Then I consider myself lucky then, since most of my runs so far on that map were low/normal tide waves. I haven't encountered a high tide wave yet, but from what I've seen by watching a few streamers... the map gets really tiny.

Overall, excluding low tide the map is overall pretty small... and I've noticed quite a few players falling into that pool of water in the middle of the map. I can only imagine what a high tide Glowfish wave would look like.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is probably the easiest stage so far. High tide is a little annoying, due to the two propellor platforms, but that's the only situation where they actually play a big role. Mid tide is great. Open enough but also small enough to make the rounds easily. Low tide is fun too.

Glowflies are problematic though. That might be my teammates, however.
Really, another map with the dumb propeller platforms? Those things were only fun in the Ancho-V Games map in the original game.

I will give it a try later, but the propeller thingies are a pain in the older Salmon Run map.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Pro Tip from a friend that Elecmaw and I fished with last night... He's now up to Profresh 500 on this map.

On Goldie Rush and Grillers, use the middle platforms to bait them! It's a variation on that wall trick in Lost Outpost. Give that a try and let us know what you think about this strategy.
With that said, can you trap a Griller on one of those two moving platforms?

Bait it to a platform, have another teammate move the platform a bit (so it won't go all away to the other side) and keep hitting the propellers a bit so it won't reset.... is that possible? Seems like something fun to do. :p

AA Battery

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunshinett
I think this map is very pretty. Oh yeah, and chargers are difficult to play with on this map.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I played the map earlier. The propeller fans aren't as bad as in the older map, thankfully. I think it is a fun map, but wave 3, sometimes 2, on profreshional can be absolutely brutal. That said, I only lost once there so far and it was because the whole team grouped up almost at the end, for whatever reason and a Flyfish got the play of the game by splating all of us at once.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Salmonid Smokeyard might be overtaking Marooner's Bay as my new favorite map! I can't articulate exactly why, maybe it's just because it's new, but it just feels great to play on!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I played the new map quite a bit. It is pretty fun, one of my favorites. So much better than the oldie with propeller platforms which is by far the worst sammy run map. That aside, I think it has potential to be very frustrating if playing with randoms.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Really like the new map and I lean towards the side of its an easy map also. Couple of high tides got a little sketchy but over all it seemed to be fairly easy to hit quota.

It was nice to get my mitts on the GrizzCo blaster a few shifts also.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
It seems more people are willing to wait for you to get on the platform on the new map than I originally thought. I still don't like high tide on it though. The new stage likes to spam Stingers on different sides of the map, but it isn't such a big deal, since they're generally pretty easy to get to.

I think I might have lost it, but I'm beginning to like getting the Dynamo on Salmon Run. As long as you don't rely on flicking with it, the thing can clean up pretty well. I managed to get a 41 egg Goldie seeking round with the thing.

Hydra is going on for the next shift. I'm not sure how it'll work out. Heavy Splatling is already great in terms of raw power, so Hydra seems like it'd be overkill for the speed trade-off. It'll still be fun to try though.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it me or does the special you get no longer affect which weapons you get? I could've sworn I got Dynamo/Charger/Sloshing one round with Inkjet and the next I started with Pro, while also getting the Inkjet. I started making screenshots of all the weapons I got after a certain point to check, but I was already so close to the 1200pt mark that it didn't do much good.
It seems more people are willing to wait for you to get on the platform on the new map than I originally thought. I still don't like high tide on it though. The new stage likes to spam Stingers on different sides of the map, but it isn't such a big deal, since they're generally pretty easy to get to.
That's one of the things that I like about the stage. Stingers are probably becoming my most hated boss in Salmon Run, and this new map was super great for dealing with them.

I think I might have lost it, but I'm beginning to like getting the Dynamo on Salmon Run. As long as you don't rely on flicking with it, the thing can clean up pretty well. I managed to get a 41 egg Goldie seeking round with the thing.
I loved going through a bunch of Cohocks by just rolling. But if you need to do anything else with it, you're gonna spend more time submerged in ink than actually attacking. I'm very mixed on it for sure.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Using the Dynamo definitely takes some practice, but once you manage to understand its quirks, I think it's a very fun weapon to use. It takes care of many enemies in a snap, you just have to be more careful about your ink supply and stay in the ink between fights. ;) Think of it as regular resting phases. The weapon is heavy and hard to use, so the Inklings need time to refuel. ;)

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Is it me or does the special you get no longer affect which weapons you get? I could've sworn I got Dynamo/Charger/Sloshing one round with Inkjet and the next I started with Pro, while also getting the Inkjet. I started making screenshots of all the weapons I got after a certain point to check, but I was already so close to the 1200pt mark that it didn't do much good.
That's correct. That was fixed two patches ago--it turns out that being unable to get one of the main weapons based on which special you had was a bug in the first place.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That's correct. That was fixed two patches ago--it turns out that being unable to get one of the main weapons based on which special you had was a bug in the first place.
It always made so much sense to me in some way. I kinda miss that, even if it was a bug.

New stage really worried me so much because I thought high tide would be miserable especially, unless I was playing with friends which I almost always do nowadays. Can't trust randoms anymore. But since we usually only have three people on our teams, our one random has usually been fine, and the map itself is just really cool. So I'm very happy with its configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom