Grizzco Break Room

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Basically we're getting a new grizzco weapon the next salmon run. Next salmon run's all random too so should be fun.

I'm excited to see how they tripped out the Grizzco bucket. Body-centred AoE please, I want to be the mobile Splashdown.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Last loadout was rather rough, but fun. If you replaced N-Zap with Tenta Brella, you would have had most people's nightmare loadout. Even more is that it was on Lost Outpost....a rather troublesome stage. Managed to keep my 400 profresh, and got to hear some cute octobooyah's, so it was fine.

Stinks that the all random loadout wasn't on all day Saturday...a day I have mostly off. I love all random loadouts so much, and I'm sure the Grizzco Slosher will be a blast to use.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...can I have the Grizzco slosher like...every wave? Please. I hated it at first because how sluggish it is and how you only get 4 throws...until I found out its godly pierce property. Drizzlers? Who needs to wait for them to shoot their missile when you can shoot through it. Flyfish? Problem of the past. Direct hit that sucker and wipe him out, forget about throwing bombs. Scrapper? Pierce right infront of them and kill them. Steel Heads? Same as the scrapper.

Like...I need this every wave. Please and thank you.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
The Grizzco Slosher is certainly an entertaining weapon to say the least.

I just had a round where 3 people had the Grizzco Slosher. RIP any Flyfish that popped up, they literally fell as soon as they came.

It's a strange weapon to use, with its extremely long wind up time and high ink cost, but the payoff on this thing is amazing, just a path of pure annihilation.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm not entirely sure on this, but i think Grizz Slosher is the only Grizz weapon that isn't lightweight. Or at least, it didn't feel lightweight to me.

It's piercing capacities make it a very strong weapon indeed, but it's ink consumption is beyond abysmal. Technically it has strong DPS, but when you have to recharge every few steps it makes it pretty poor at crushing mobs in the long run. It can still find it's niche in quickly disposing of steelheads/flyfish, but it works at it's best when only 1 person has it on your team.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
This was a rather fun random loadout, but really really rough. I noticed that everyone mostly got off-color weapons that were difficult to use. Gloogas, Gootuber, Sloshine, Tenta Brella, Flingza, and Squeezer were the weapons I saw more than anything. Had a 3 Sloshine loadout once. Grizzco Slosher is also rather rough to use. Because of this.....keeping my 400 profresh has been almost impossible.

For myself, I really like the off-color weapons. It certainly makes things more interesting. It's just that most others probably won't be able to manage to get the hang of using a Gootuber.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Grizco slosher is probably the most extreme weapon yet.
Consumes 25% ink per shot, fires slow and has the worst turfing in the game.
But it’s basicly a portable stingray of sorts capable of taking out multiple bosses in one go.
Despite it being very relient on your teammates and uselles in frantic moments, it’s still a force to behold thanks to the pierce.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
So far I have had a godly run on this random loadout. After one of the awful loadouts I dropped to 300, but this rotation has already brought me up to 450! And I also had a round where all 4 players had a grizz slosher, and we actually won quite handily. I really like the slosher, but I haven't been able to use it much, though. I had it 2 of my first 3 rounds, then I went 17 rounds without getting it again! This is rounds, not shifts, but I had to use the goo tuber twice during that period. If I could just get this god-tier weapon every time I would do so well. No flyfish shall torment me ever again.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I have used Grizzco Slosher twice. I'm pretty sure that I have wielded chargers more, especially E-liter (though no Goo Tuber for me). I wish I used that slosher more. I just like slow missle of doom . xD

By the way, some teammates were unaware of Grizzco Slosher's piecing ability. We lost few rounds because of that.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Whoa... And to think I dared to forget about this and play the expansion all day... :scared:

Cephalobro

Random rotations have always been a mixed bag. Sometimes you get lucky, other times the game decides to be a jerk.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So...a bit late to this. But the Grizzco. Slosher...pretty fun!

It can either be a completely useless weapon or take down a boss in one hit depending on the situation (and I guess the person...saw a bunch of people with it dying over and over). Piercing Drizzlers is fun, but being stuck with it if you're being swarmed with a bunch of smaller fish, not so much.

I like how the Grizzco weapons are getting increasingly tricky to wield. The Charger was a bit harder use thanks to its tendency to slurp ink, and this one's even more high-risk, high-reward.

Cephalobro

The Grizzco Slosher is awesome, with this weapon in rotation, Flyfish fall from grace. It also does a good job on quickly getting rid of pesky Scrappers that get in your way.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Grizco slosher is probably the most extreme weapon yet.
Consumes 25% ink per shot, fires slow and has the worst turfing in the game.
But it’s basicly a portable stingray of sorts capable of taking out multiple bosses in one go.
Despite it being very relient on your teammates and uselles in frantic moments, it’s still a force to behold thanks to the pierce.
I don't agree. Its turfing is fine, you just have to aim high. It makes a long, straight, thick line that's exactly what you need to get around. And it cleaves through chum and smallfry like no one's business--fire one shot and you have a straight path out of danger.

Did anyone ever get it on Grillers? Seems like it would be godly against them, too, but I never saw it. It's hilarious against Glowflies, though--wipes out the whole line at once.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Missed the random load-out :(

Grizzco Slosher sounded like something to behold. Lets hope it makes an appearance again soon.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I don't agree. Its turfing is fine, you just have to aim high. It makes a long, straight, thick line that's exactly what you need to get around. And it cleaves through chum and smallfry like no one's business--fire one shot and you have a straight path out of danger.

Did anyone ever get it on Grillers? Seems like it would be godly against them, too, but I never saw it. It's hilarious against Glowflies, though--wipes out the whole line at once.
I had a wave where 3 people and then one where all of us got the Grizzco slosher on grillers. Let's just say...the grillers didn't last too long.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777

Yes, but by the time the shot goes off and this line is created, salmonids and bosses already have a big window to flank you.
The sloshers shots are extremly slow and it costs 25% of your tank to use even one.
In a frantic situation the weapon can easely become a sitting duck for the most part and it has trouble dodging stingers and flyfish if the ground wasn’t inked beforehand.
Being stuck in a drizlers inkstorm can also become problematic due this.

Poorly enough, i didn’t have a single griller wave during the set.
But hearing from others the grizcco slosher can easely trivialize grillers.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
So I am a little late to the party here (thanks, work schedule!) but I have a few things to say about GrizzCo Slosher.

I want to get the negative things out of the way first so I can get it out of my system. First off, I don't like how it takes a full 25% of your ink tank to fire one shot. A bit overkill, especially considering how frantic Salmon Run can get! I would be okay with 20% though, and I'll explain why later. But at the 25% mark, you can find yourself in some serious trouble spots should you run out of ink during those times! Also the startup and end lag of each shot is not fun. I feel like I am sloshing through molasses every time I fire the weapon! The velocity of the shot is a bummer as well.

That having been said, I had an absolute ball with the GrizzCo Slosher, a.k.a. the Jet Engine! That shot may be slow, but it does damage! I loved how it would just mow down entire lines of smaller mooks and still go through everything else for the duration of the shot! Even more so if you could hit the sweet spot! It's like a Sloshing Machine that's been turned up to 11! A veritable spiral of inky destruction! I can't get enough! Oh, and the armor piercing properties? I've never felt so vindicated as when I hit a Steel Eel in the head and proceeded to watch the shot come out of its butt and destroy it! Then to find out that it can take out Flyfish all by itself? Ooohh, it's soo good! It was a good day to be a Profreshional Octopus I tell ya!

Speaking of which, don't let the bad Octos get you down or take the reputation away from those of us who are willing to work hard to make a name for ourselves. Some people are looking for opportunities, and others are just happy to be in the sunlight. Judge individuals, not an entire class. Thank you. This has been a message from the Fairness for Octolings campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom