Grizzco Break Room

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I played a couple rounds yesterday, tried sloshing the missile bay, didn’t work (it felt so right though.) I’m happy to realize that you can actually do that, I just need practice on aim. Does it kill the bay in one shot, or do you need to keep at it?

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I played a couple rounds yesterday, tried sloshing the missile bay, didn’t work (it felt so right though.) I’m happy to realize that you can actually do that, I just need practice on aim. Does it kill the bay in one shot, or do you need to keep at it?
It kills it in one shot. So one shot per bay. I just wish its piercing actually worked against bosses like the Grizzco slosher. But of course it wouldn't.

Cephalobro

The Explosher is an okay Slosher, not very effective on Salmonids close to you, but I'll accept anything that's a Stinger's and Flyfish's worst nightmare.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
ProTip: Salmon Run is not the best place to learn how to use weapons you haven't used yet. Which is a shame, because this particular loadout has 3 that fit that criterion.

I dunno if it's that, or if I'm washed up, or everybody else is sucking, or if it's the unusually excessive amount of Stingers I've been seeing, but it's been kinda hellish today. Dunno if I'll make it to the 1200 bonus at this rate.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
ProTip: Salmon Run is not the best place to learn how to use weapons you haven't used yet
I refute this statement. A more laid-back atmosphere (compared to Vs.) makes for a good way to figure out the basic gameplay of a weapon without having to outwit humans at the same time. Plus, y'know, the fact that SR forces you to use weapons that you have yet to seriously use.

But, please try everything out in the firing range before you use it

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Certain weapon load-outs make it very obvious when a co-worker gets that 'oh *#@$' weapon. Last few load outs with scoped chargers was a good example. Think I saw 3 or 4 Steelheads at one time dropping bombs all over the place and the charger user whiffing or hopping around in their life ring.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Certain weapon load-outs make it very obvious when a co-worker gets that 'oh *#@$' weapon. Last few load outs with scoped chargers was a good example. Think I saw 3 or 4 Steelheads at one time dropping bombs all over the place and the charger user whiffing or hopping around in their life ring.
Definitely, you can tell that some people really don't know how to use some weapons effectively, if at all.

This rotation was definitely a case of, pretty good weapons, heck, maybe even great weapons, but not in the hands of people inexperienced with them. Besides the N-Zap of course.
Squeezer is one of those weapons that can be amazing if people use it right (and usually that means using almost exclusively tap shots). While only using tap shots, the weapon effectively is an objectively better Splattershot Pro minus worse ink consumption. However hold shots are disgustingly bad for combat, being a 4 hit kill and actually having a worse firing rate than the Splattershot.
E-liter being the obvious, you have to know how to play the sniper role weapon that most casuals aren't the best at.
Ballpoint being the new weapon, as well as a Splatling with a part backliner role.

In terms of how I enjoyed the weapons, I enjoyed all of them most of the time.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I refute this statement. A more laid-back atmosphere (compared to Vs.) makes for a good way to figure out the basic gameplay of a weapon without having to outwit humans at the same time. Plus, y'know, the fact that SR forces you to use weapons that you have yet to seriously use.
I admit there was a bit of salt in my earlier post. I will agree that you get a good sense of how a weapon works as you're laying waste to the fishy hordes.

But like I said, I'm a bit washed up, and it helps not that 75% of the day's loadout are/were A) weapons that I've never touched outside of the firing range (and thus highly inexperienced with), and B) weapons that seem to fare better from a distance, and do worse in CQC (which I've historically fared a bit better in). And so more likely than not we get overrun as a result.

With any luck I'll have an easier/better time next session, but for the time being I'll quietly mourn my time in the 200 SR rankings.

(And the hell of it is, I found I did far better with the scoped E-Liter than the other two, even though I suck at sniping in this game.)

Cephalobro

My strategy is to protect charger users in general, especially from Smallfrys, those little pests can really ruin a perfectly good shot at a Steelhead's bag.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...why is it still not common sense to ya know...not stand in front of a teammate while they're shooting at something? Hm? Like this happens to me so often it gets very very annoying. I even got splatted because of it. Like...freaking stop. Please and thank you.

Also, got another smart guy who jumped on the low tide basket and was proud of himself on Marooners Bay. Drowned (of course), and started spamming ouch. Me and the the other two people ignored him until he was revived by either one of our stray shots or bombs. Wonder if he learned after that...probably not.

Stargoon

Inkling
This past rotation on Spawning Grounds has actually been my best in a good number of days. Even with the Splatling and Brella, neither of which I could ever use right to save my life, literally.
But whatever I said about high tide, I sort of take it back when it comes to Spawning Grounds. One of my more favourite SR maps, but oh boy, high tide is absolute hell there.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
tbh high tide is never pleasant, no matter the map. That, I'd say, is the ultimate test for how well the four players work, as a team and individually. One wrong move with an uncoordinated team and you're all screwed unless you all pull something amazing out of yer *****.

Though I'd say maybe Marooner's Bay is the least awful of the bunch. There you have at least some semblance of high ground and a usable escape route.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Is it me or does NO ONE ever go after the Stinger? I've had teammates die a lot of from it and usually I'm the one that spots that from afar and goes after them.

Cephalobro

Salmonid Smokeyard is the most jerkish level design anyone has thought of and I will never change my stance on the matter.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Is it me or does NO ONE ever go after the Stinger? I've had teammates die a lot of from it and usually I'm the one that spots that from afar and goes after them.
Oh man, do I love having the dynamo and there being 2-3 stingers all at opposite ends and all 3 teammates seem to be blind to their presence. And with me having to keep a distance...I'm usually the one targeted...and have to deal with them. But no, I get you. People seem to be ignoring Stingers, and flyfish to an extent, more than usual.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
People tend to prefer to kill bosses that are easier to get to, or focus on getting eggs. Stingers should be the no. 1 priority, especially if you have a weapon that can kill them fast. There are times where teammates have, say, a blaster and a dualies and they're completely ignoring Stingers, leaving me with some pos weapon like the Goo-tuber or something to kill them.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I tend to kill more and protect eggs for the team rather than taking the eggs to the basket sometimes , but it looks as if I don’t contribute as much in the end when I have less eggs than my teammates. I usually only do SR when I want the gear of the month, but lately I’ve gotten more into it. I think it could be that I may be getting a little tired of gear grinding in TW and ranked solo lately has been so unrewarding. It’s like 2 steps forward...50 steps back.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I saw a post in the square saying that the Explosher can defeat flyfish. Not sure if it’s true or not since I haven’t played that weapon in SR yet.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I saw a post in the square saying that the Explosher can defeat flyfish. Not sure if it’s true or not since I haven’t played that weapon in SR yet.
If you hit them in the missile bay it will destroy it.

Had 3 Stingers targeting me the other day... Had to go clear them out with my charger. Good times.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
So, how about the splattershot, roller, splatling, and dualie squelcher loadout? Personally, I had a very good run with minimal setbacks. This really feels like a strong set that could contend with almost any other due to the ability of every weapon to actually contribute. I had a glowfly round where nobody on our team died because the splatling could stop the rush by itself, the roller could stop the rush by itself, and the two other weapons only had to collect eggs.

It also seemed like there were a lot of night waves. I played at least 3 motherships, 2 fogs, 3 goldie seeks, 2 grillers, 2 cohock charges, and the glowfly round. I only played 9 or 10 shifts, so it was a larger proportion than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom