• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

samsquared

Inkling
NNID
Sametal
Switch Friend Code
SW-0358-4407-0607
I mean it might just be fair to say that there are more Octolings in rotation right now than Inklings- by which I mean that a majority of players who play Splatoon with any regularity have the expansion and play as Octolings over Inklings. It could potentially be the novelty or the aesthetic, but it doesn't really matter why. It's just that from an observational standpoint (and the last Splatfest results), we can probably say that most people are playing as Octolings right now. As we already know that most people that play Splatoon are *not* S/X-rank supersquids given the Splatfest popularity rule, it does make logical sense to conclude that most Octos are bad/average. But I mean- it's not league or ranked battle, so I personally don't really give a squid. So we get team swept because my teammates can't use blasters. It's really not the end of the world to me. The mode is just fun chaos in general. What irritates me in Salmon Run is if I'm hopping next to someone in my life raft and they just won't res me. Teammate normally gets overwhelmed and splatted and then my woomy just sings ♪mmm whatcha sayyy♪

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
I haven't played the game in a while, might pick it up again soon though. I'm kinda in the mood for a little bit of Splet action. However, seeing as how the Octoling players seem to be on the weaker side is kinda what I've expected - loads of players are excited to try out something new, so it's only natural that there's a lot of bad players on their side as well.

However, whenever I'm picking up the game again, the balance will shift. I'm playing as an Inkling and can't really say that I belong to the best players in the world. Quite the opposite, actually.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Seems like the glowfly round is an auto loss in profreshional any more.

I loath wall huggers.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
That's part of why Lost Outpost is my least-liked Salmon Run stage. People think staying on the wall is the hot nighttime tech where they can't use their weapons at all.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Hiding up a wall is a pretty bad idea for Glowfly waves because of how necessary the DPS is, but I still find a use for it with Grillers; it ensures that you're not pulling them into your teammates and turns its weak point towards them so they can pop it open easier. Once they're popped, it's simple enough to jump down sideways and help them get the kill before it closes again.

In my own experience, it just prevents people from doing dumb things like dragging the Griller too far away from the basket or over a teammate, which happens unnecessarily often with randos.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Hiding up a wall is a pretty bad idea for Glowfly waves because of how necessary the DPS is, but I still find a use for it with Grillers; it ensures that you're not pulling them into your teammates and turns its weak point towards them so they can pop it open easier. Once they're popped, it's simple enough to jump down sideways and help them get the kill before it closes again.

In my own experience, it just prevents people from doing dumb things like dragging the Griller too far away from the basket or over a teammate, which happens unnecessarily often with randos.
I mean, climbing up a wall during Glowlies, is good at the very end as a last ditch effort to make sure you guys don't get wiped. Especially if you're already using a weapon that sorely lacks in DPS like Chargers or like the Rapid Pro. Otherwise, yah, with Glowflies the prevailing strategy is just grouping together and firing in one direction. If something goes horribly wrong, especially when people feel the need to get greedy, then yah, you might have to improve a little.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I just go behind the basket and alternate swimming up and down. Granted, that may be harder for the team to get a lock with the griller constantly turning, even if I do kill some smallfry.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hate to say it but it SR is getting kind of stale. Could be one of the reasons the game play seems to be lacking lately. I show up for a shift to get gear and tickets any more. Used to just enjoying playing it and the 'pay check' was secondary.

Some changes would be welcome.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Hate to say it but it SR is getting kind of stale. Could be one of the reasons the game play seems to be lacking lately. I show up for a shift to get gear and tickets any more. Used to just enjoying playing it and the 'pay check' was secondary.

You sure it isn't just the influx of lackluster players making it more of a chore?

That being said, apparently there are rumors flying around that me may get another map in the future.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You sure it isn't just the influx of lackluster players making it more of a chore?

That being said, apparently there are rumors flying around that me may get another map in the future.
A new map is always welcome but not sure if thats going to freshen things up a whole hell of a lot.

Im pretty sure the influx of new players is the main reason but that should not effect profresh 300 up that much I would think.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Im pretty sure the influx of new players is the main reason but that should not effect profresh 300 up that much I would think.
It does. It isn't hard to climb into profeshional in Salmon Run. As somebody who always maintains a 400+ profreshional in Salmon Run (helps that I actively avoid sessions I know are gonna be a pure drag), there is no safe place from bad players, especially during rotations with less than easy weapons.

I mean the shire fact that I've had Wave 1 wipes where the end results showed that I had most power eggs, gold eggs, maybe even a team save or two, when I was the Charger, in a rotation with good rapid fire weapons. That kind of shows you how bad some people are, that the guy playing the weapon not designed for mob control still does a better job at mob controlling and everything else than you.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

I kinda feel the same way. I don't play SR that often anymore, which makes it less stale, tbh. And I just only play the fun loadouts/maps. I pretty much try to play on Smokeyard and Outpost only, and only when they have good loadouts. It's not like you *have* to play it that often if you're just going for the rewards.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I myself can agree that SR is becoming more of a chore to do with the lackluster of...not even decent, but okay players that's been around. For about 2 months or so I've been opting to just play until I get my super bonus, then I leave and don't touch it till next rotation. I've gotten my bf to play with me to make it more bearable/a little more fun, but sometimes we just get those waves of losses that are beyond what we can do and just...it's frustrating.

I'd welcome a new map, though. It'd freshen things up a bit, but it still wouldn't solve the skill problem at hand. And I doubt anything's gonna be done about it.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For about 2 months or so I've been opting to just play until I get my super bonus
I've done that pretty much since the very beginning. SR is available so often that I never really saw the point in going on after 1200pts (unless maybe there's a ?/?/?/? loadout). I think that helped keep it a bit fresh for me, because I never really played it for more than an hour at a time.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This rotation was a smooth one, got from pro 400 to 500 in good time. With 3/4 of the weapons being easy to pick up weapons, things went pretty well for the most part. Marooner's Bay also being one of the easier maps to work with overall (so long as you aren't getting yourself overwhelmed by staying on the right side beach of the ship, that side is honestly a death trap, its by far the place people are most likely to get splatted).

The one huge stinker that did peeve me during this was just people bursting every geyser on the ship during Goldie Seekie right away. That is never a good idea unless we're in last second panic mode and we need just a couple eggs. You always start as far away form the basket and work inwards, thus when you do find the Goldie you can transport the eggs with minimal resistance.

May try to play more tomorrow, and I'm also looking forwards to the next rotation as well, pretty good weapons all around.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
If you could decide next rotation's stage and weapons (Excluding Grizzco. weapons, random, and wildcard) what would they be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom