• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

ChrgerMain

Inkling
NNID
Cappy
Switch Friend Code
SW-5994-4083-7116
Do you think Mr. Grizz will ever say, “That’s enough golden eggs.” Maybe whenever Grizzco is closed he thinks that?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Good question. Mr. Grizz and his outfit is shrouded with mystery. Hopefully we will get some answers in Splat3.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
A nightmare: Using a Bloblobber against a Griller. (Probably the best weapon for Grillers is the Splatling.)

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Advice for anyone working here: If there's a Dynamo in rotation, don't play. If you are given that dreaded weapon on Arc Polaris, there's no getting up after you go down to kill a stinger or something. If you are given it on Salmonid Smokeyard or Marooners Bay, you won't be able to use the propellers in time and it will kill you. If you are given it on Lost Outpost (rest in peace if that has ever happened to you), you will be trapped in a corner the entire game.

Though lots of people like it in Turf War and Ranked, in Salmon Run it's practically impossible to use.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
The best weapon is Salmon Run is probably the Carbon Roller, Sploosh-O-Matic, Clash Blaster, or Bamboozler (I'm not counting Grizzco weapons here). That would be my idea rotation. That on on Salmonid Smokeyard. Perfection.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Advice for anyone working here: If there's a Dynamo in rotation, don't play.
The grizzco slosher SUCKS. I mean it is powerful but it is soooo slow.
Both of these weapons can be really effective, but they share the same issue: they require very good ink management. You can't afford to flick/fire at random without chewing through your ink tank. A good Dynamo in SR should be rolling more often than not, taking advantage of the 1-roll crush on any common trash (including Cohocks!) and 2-roll crush on Steel Eels and ESPECIALLY be aware of the ink recharge you get for standing still, even with the roller on the ground. Flicks should be done sparingly and be primarily directed at Steelheads, Drizzlers and Scrappers. That all being said, it requires the most team coordination of any of the rollers and the other rollers are generally more effective.

The Grizzco Slosher is amazing, but you need to focus on specific enemies and let your team deal with the rest. Its ability to pierce armor is invaluable - when this thing is in your hands, you should be aiming for any armored enemy first - shooting a Flyfish ****pit will instantly kill it, Steelhead bombs can be detonated from the inside, Drizzlers and Scrappers are completely vulnerable and Griller waves become a joke. I can totally understand why you might not like this weapon at first - it's the most complex Grizzco weapon and doesn't have the "hold fire to win" aspect the other ones do, but comes into its own when you take advantage of the armor piercing effect and get better at ink management.

You want to talk about a BAD weapon? The E-liter 4k Scope is truly awful. You're basically mounted to one spot while you wait two seconds to charge, losing your field of vision for a very minor range extension that doesn't mean very much in Salmon Run, and if you DON'T charge you'll be double-tapping all the common trash that comes your way... except cohocks, which require 8 taps! The power you get at a full charge is amazing (and part of why the non-scoped version is great in SR), but it's at such a high cost to mobility and visibility you'll likely need a lot of team support to make it work.

Cephalobro

I love the Grizzco Slosher purely for the fact that it makes the devilish Flyfish a joke, wiping the stage clear of them. As I see it though, the Dynamo Roller is the only one of the "slow weapons" aside from the E-liter (unscoped) useful in my experience. I just don't like using the Hydra in Salmon Run because you inevitably will need to swim in ink most of the time, thus disrupting a really good charge that would otherwise mow down Cohocks.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Screenshot 2021-06-28 173906.png

Behold, (potentially) the worst Salmon Run rotation to have ever occurred! Both brushes and the scoped E-Liter on Moron Bay! Tetra Dualies are okay, I guess? Certainly the worst rotation I've ever seen in-game. The only way this could be worse is if you switched the dualies with an Aerospray.

Attachments

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I think the worst thing to get is anything with a Dynamo on Arc Polaris. The stage is extremely tall. The Dynamo makes you slow. On a normal day it's hard to get from the bottom to the top, but with the slowest-firing weapon in the entire game, it's nearly impossible. Part of it is that I'm a Carbon main and find slow weapons hard to use, but come on, that combination shouldn't be allowed.

Cephalobro

To me, I like the Dynamo for the simple fact that it crushes Cohocks in one go. Very useful for when you just don't want to deal with most of the tanky ridiculousness that loves to get between you and Golden Eggs.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I think the worst thing to get is anything with a Dynamo on Arc Polaris.
At least you can vertical flick and scale the walls. Imagine a rotation on Ark Polaris with both brushes, an Aerospray and a Sploosh-O-Matic.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
At least you can vertical flick and scale the walls. Imagine a rotation on Ark Polaris with both brushes, an Aerospray and a Sploosh-O-Matic.
I- That actually kinda sounds better. In Salmon Run, I can use every weapon in the game besides one thing: The Dynamo Roller. Salmon Run is a horde mode, so a weapon with zero speed is extremely challenging to use (I also can't use the Dynamo anywhere else so... I'm not great with it). My ideal rotation would be a Carbon Roller, Squiffer, Blobobler, and either a Clash Blaster or Spooh-O-Matic. But that's just me, I guess.

Chilly_Blu

SRL Intern
Switch Friend Code
SW-0051-2661-0160
What does Mr. Grizz even do between rotations? Is he preparing weapons and other things needed for the next rotation, or is he just chilling on a boat somewhere?

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
My ideal rotation would be a Carbon Roller, Squiffer, Blobobler, and either a Clash Blaster or Spooh-O-Matic. But that's just me, I guess.
That's remarkably close to my ideal set. Splat Roller, Squiffer, Bloblobber and Sploosh-O-Matic would be my pick, with the Carbon Roller and Splattershot being the runner-ups for their slots. The set strikes the right balance between maneuverability and power and works on every map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom