1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

What do you think is the toughest shift to work?

Goldie Seeking normal tide on Ruins of Ark Polaris
    High Tide Griller at the Ruins

At least for me those shifts are a coin flip at best. I know a lot has to do with your crew and shift load-out but never the less those make me wince the most.

2. NostalgicNeko

NostalgicNeko Mmmmm.....Check Please!
    Premium

NNID:
    Cheesezwheel
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5457-1578-2981
    This Salmon Run is pretty good.

3. SillySocks

SillySocks Senior Squid
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8373-4160-3827
    Griller on Salmonid Smokeyard high tide is the absolute worst - in fact, the generic boss rush at high tide on that map is ridiculous levels of difficult at a high enough profreshional rank. Not a fan. Also, fog on normal tide Ark Polaris can be a pain when grouped with a team that likes to seek things out at the lower platforms for most of the game.

calamaro likes this.
  4. Bloop

Bloop Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2151-0062-7941
    High-tide grillers and rushes on Marooner's Bay are the ones I struggle with the most, lack of extra platforms / rails to connect the basket to the rest of the stage gives me less lee-way to bait and trap. :(
    High-tide Goldies are always risky cuz a lot of ppl keep opening every valve and not clearing out the hordes.

calamaro likes this.
  5. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Any shift that requires more than just “See thing. Shoot thing!” from my teammates is bound to give me anxiety.

People who flick Rollers during Glowfly waves; people who shoot Goldies as far away from the basket as humanly possible on fog waves; having all three of your teammates manning the cannons and leaving you, the Dynamo, to ferry eggs (AGAIN from the furthest point in the map because they’re trigger happy and won’t wait for bosses to get closer).

But high-tide Smokeyard is a special breed of hell. People sprinting to the other side right off the bat hurt my soul. The best is when you yell “This way!” to get them to stop their stupidity only to have them spam “This way!” back to you. I’d turn off my damn Switch if I wouldn’t lose rank and waste time doing it. Those waves get my vote as the worst.

Forma and calamaro like this.
  6. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Grillers when an H-3 Nozzlenose is one of the weapons, like come on, it just can't keep up with infinite Smallfries spawning out of the Grillers.

calamaro, SillySocks and Enperry like this.
  7. Danirla

Danirla Inkling

Grillers in general, but especially if it's high tide. Winning or not depends on the weapons more than the skill.

calamaro likes this.
  8. calamaro

All strong and valid points. :)

9. calamaro

Did Mr.Grizz hire a bunch of temps?! Holy cow there has been a plague of egg guarding lately.

10. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    This session was oddly annoying. The weapons themselves are perfectly fine, in fact they're pretty good. But yeesh the players. Never won a Goldie Seekie cause everybody just kept burst every geyser with no rhyme or reason making delivering the eggs near impossible.

11. calamaro

Choice piece of gear this month. :)

Forma likes this.
  12. SillySocks

SillySocks Senior Squid
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8373-4160-3827
    Excellent! This cap shall look great on my barefoot inkling... wait, is that not OSHA workplace approved attire? >.>

calamaro and radio-fashion like this.
  13. calamaro

Hells yeah. Back to back random rotations. Wish it was final splatfest every weekend.

Enperry and Forma like this.
  14. Magitroopa

Magitroopa Full Squid

NNID:
    Magitroopa
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6452-9209-2706
    Random-rare coming up tomorrow, so that'll be fun again!

calamaro likes this.
  15. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

Holy squid the octobrush buff in SR is a blessing! Straight out from trash tier, now the octobrush is what it was supposed to be: an heavy hitter and slower brush. Now you can easily knock out steel heads, stee eel and drizzler! And it wrecks stinger in a few swings. It's a B tier weapon now imo.

Carbon roller received a damage buff as well: now you need only two vertical flick to kill a steel head and spamming horizontal one helps a lot against huge group of lessser salmonids.

An obvious demonstration on how damage is so important in this mode

calamaro likes this.
  16. calamaro

I dont really follow the number side of the game but i could tell a big difference. This whole time I though i was just better with the thing...

17. calamaro

Dynamo so good
    Very under utilized
    Keep it on the deck

Dewnose likes this.