Hopes for the 8.1.0 patch?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Oh, while I'm still here, here's my hope for a Goo Tuber rework; only possible for Splatoon 4, unfortunately.
The funny thing about Goo Tuber is that they needed to give it more gimmicks for it to be good, but instead of continuing to improve its charge hold and actually make it worth using, they went after its partial charges and tap shots.

Goo Tuber - Can now charge at mid-air speed while holding a charge
Goo Tuber - Partial charge damage now scales from 45 - 100 (previously 40 - 130)
Goo Tuber - Range increased by ~8%

I'm getting rid of Goo Tuber's lethal partial charges in favor of a new gimmick; the ability to charge in a charge hold, which justifies its five-second charge hold duration. I've also buffed its range and tap shot damage to compensate (as in, the weapon is really that weak).

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Oooh, I just remembered a random buff idea I had that is literally not based on anything substantial.

I want Edit's bullets to do 28 points of damage as a cheeky reference to Hydra's old S1/early S2 damage (28-35).
Edit's bullets do 26 in PVP rn and 35 in Salmon Run. They were so close! It's tearing me apart!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Pencil: Slight range nerf. Maybe ink efficiency?

Sprinkler: Does not decay. Just let it have that, let it have something.
Curling Bomb: Effect of charging the bomb is improved. This is an interesting idea for a mechanic that currently goes completely ignored.
Point Sensor: Hitting a direct with the thrown projectiles grants a +50% duration bonus. This is more of a flavor thing than an impactful buff since hitting a direct means you already know where they are, but I think it'd feel cool. Directs are fun.
Toxic Mist: Hitting a direct with the thrown projectile drains half of the target's remaining ink. I want this to also have a direct, but it has to be something else that isn't bringing back Disruptor, so I think this could work.

Trizooka: Startup. Please. I beg you.
Triple Splashdown: Revert back to 40f. I sincerely hate that this special is good now, I actually just want to kill it off.
Wave Breaker: Speed increased so that it fires one more wave over the same duration.
Cooler: Removing Special Saver seems to be the most commonly proposed nerf. I'm not sure if that's really the right answer, but I don't have a better idea so let's try that?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
to be fair to this, they could absolutely buff wave in ways that barely benefit range (namely, damage becoming a 2-shot, which wouldn't change range's combos at all). not to mention like, how scared could they really be of range if they gave it its perfect kit this season lol
Wave Breaker: Speed increased so that it fires one more wave over the same duration.
I die to wave breaker embarrassingly often as it is, lol. Unlike most weapons (to my knowledge) my normal combat movement involves jumping so that I can keep moving during my endlag, which means it's a much bigger deal to dodge a wave than for those other weapons, which can just jump while doing what they were already doing. Wave being a two shot or just firing more waves would be pain. the range blaster matchup is already hard enough

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I die to wave breaker embarrassingly often as it is, lol. Unlike most weapons (to my knowledge) my normal combat movement involves jumping so that I can keep moving during my endlag, which means it's a much bigger deal to dodge a wave than for those other weapons, which can just jump while doing what they were already doing. Wave being a two shot or just firing more waves would be pain. the range blaster matchup is already hard enough
It would be very annoying but I think it's one of the less extreme buffs you could give Wavebreaker to make it actually good at controlling an area despite how quickly the special can get shredded.
Right now you could just try ignoring it in most situations but the damage being more of a threat would make it so you have to actually respect the area it's in.
It would also be a better support special since the higher damage will let it combo with more weapons.
I do think there are better ways to buff it though, but if the devs did decide on increasing the damage it would at least be something.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
There are many ways to buff Wave Breaker, especially now that it also has its initial location sweep effect. I feel like the easiest and most straightforward route is to make the waves more threatening and harder to dodge.
Making the delay between waves smaller could be a good buff, making it easier for the special to produce all three of its waves. I feel like a damage buff to 55 or 60 is necessary for Dread D’s sake.

I’ve seen suggestions for giving Wave Breaker a fourth wave, but I feel like that would be kind of awkward with the ‘3’ motif of so many specials.

Honestly, Wave Breaker kind of feels like the Toxic Mist of specials right now. There are so many weapons that could be meta were the special worth running in comp. And Range kind of needs a nerf anyways.

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
One of the buffs I hope for this patch is to revert the ink consumption nerfs from last name to both of the Nozzlenoses. It was directly because of MPU that those nerfs happened in the first place and that ability no longer exists. All of them right now have kits ranging from mid to solid. The vanilla H-3 in particular has everything you want out of a good support kit and even the H-3 D to a lesser extent. Both of them probably need more than that, but it's at least a good starting point.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
If Range needs a nerf in exchange for buffing Wave, I am entirely fine with nerfing Range.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If Range needs a nerf in exchange for buffing Wave, I am entirely fine with nerfing Range.
I don't really think Range needs it though but what could you change that wouldn't feel awful?
The weapon has some amazing strengths but those are balanced by some extreme weaknesses.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've heard proposals of a slight AoE radius nerf that i think would be fair enough and wouldn't hurt the weapon too bad. i don't think it's Necessary but agreed that it would be a worthy exchange for a wave buff, if they truly are afraid of making wave good exclusively because of range

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
This is an idea I've had for a while now and it might seem controversial, but hear me out. Weapons that have good paint can keep it and ones that have had their paint nerfed get it back, but there's a catch. And that catch would be that in exchange, Special Charge Up is removed completely. Obviously this would be for the next game, but I think it's the only way to deal with special spam and make PFS buffs and nerfs actually mean something. Think of it this way. You've probably encountered those Aerospray RG users spamming 10 or more Booyah Bombs a match because almost all of their gear is SCU, right? Well with this change, that kind of spammy, non-interactive playstyle would be history, or at least severely curtailed.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
This is an idea I've had for a while now and it might seem controversial, but hear me out. Weapons that have good paint can keep it and ones that have had their paint nerfed get it back, but there's a catch. And that catch would be that in exchange, Special Charge Up is removed completely. Obviously this would be for the next game, but I think it's the only way to deal with special spam and make PFS buffs and nerfs actually mean something. Think of it this way. You've probably encountered those Aerospray RG users spamming 10 or more Booyah Bombs a match because almost all of their gear is SCU, right? Well with this change, that kind of spammy, non-interactive playstyle would be history, or at least severely curtailed.
Several abilities could stand to be removed in the next game. I had a similar idea for Sub Resistance up, with the compensation for it being removed being damage nerfs for Fizzy and Burst Bomb, the main things it counters, and both top tier subs that could stand to be brought down a bit anyway.
Also Respawn Punisher, which I hope needs no explanation.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
You might be interested to hear it's not that hot a take at top level. There's actually been a few tournaments where special charge up was straight up banned and the game felt better according to the participants.

This is definitely a wider topic and it's not getting removed in a patch lol but I think there's some merit to the idea. I have a lot to say on this though so maybe we should make another discussion thread about it.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
You know what? Screw it. Toxic Mist should do damage. All of the weapons it’s on (excluding Tri-Slosher) deal close to 100 damage, and could splat an opponent much more quickly with even a small amount of chip damage. Mist should inflict damage over time at a rate of 20 DPS. Suddenly its entire existence is completely justified (except on Tri-Slosher; the sub is basically just a kit nerf for that weapon).

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright everyone, after weeks of intense debates, tragic losses, fullproof arguments, dread, fear, hope... we're finally here.
The patch releases this week! In a day and a half if I had to guess.

I hope you keep your expectations in check

Azhdarcho

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3173-5595-5611
I hope you keep your expectations in check
All I want is third kits for every weapon, 10 new specials, Trizooka has 20 seconds of startup lag, Hydra is now a lightweight weapon, you can use Grizzco weapons in PvP, and Reefslider’s paint radius is 1000% bigger so that it paints the entire map. I think this is reasonable.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
All I want is third kits for every weapon, 10 new specials, Trizooka has 20 seconds of startup lag, Hydra is now a lightweight weapon, you can use Grizzco weapons in PvP, and Reefslider’s paint radius is 1000% bigger so that it paints the entire map. I think this is reasonable.
lets also add 90 damage splat brella on top of that but that might be too unrealistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom