How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
It probably decreases again when you lose. It's actually pretty stupid to have a cap at A+ / 99. Why not just keep the points counting upwards to maybe 999 so really good players can get theirselves a nice points cushion :D
I'd find it more enjoyable if it stopped A+99 players from using the top tier stuff like the tentatek and forced them to actually have weaknesses in their kit

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I'd find it more enjoyable if it stopped A+99 players from using the top tier stuff like the tentatek and forced them to actually have weaknesses in their kit
You want to play at the top cap, that's what you sign up for. Welcome to Ranked play, where everyone maxes out their stats. You want variety, play unranked. It's a lot more fun.

If anything, I wish there were more game modes available for Ranked. Like a Ranked Turf War, a Ranked Splat Zone, or perhaps a Special Ranked Mode that does what you are asking for, a mode with a preset kit that everyone uses. Kinda like how Smash has a regular stage option or an Omega stage option.

better then a plain A+
Hm. My heat meter only ever says "SO HAWT". with the +7 and above. Never saw it read "On Fire!".

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
You want to play at the top cap, that's what you sign up for. Welcome to Ranked play, where everyone maxes out their stats. You want variety, play unranked. It's a lot more fun.
my point wasn't that people shouldn't do it, it's that holding A+99 with tentatek is trivial because of how strong that weapon is

I haven't used it on account of wanting to see how well I can do with every other weapon before I go full tryhard

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
my point wasn't that people shouldn't do it, it's that holding A+99 with tentatek is trivial because of how strong that weapon is

I haven't used it on account of wanting to see how well I can do with every other weapon before I go full tryhard
What makes it so strong?

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
What makes it so strong?
fastest effective ttk (3shot, accurate, fast firing so misses matter less than the 52gal)
accurate at mid range
very fast special building
best offensive sub
one of the best offensive specials
highly ink efficient
does not need any particular gear abilities
highly mobile
best pushing kit in the game, decent defending kit as well

not really any weaknesses to balance this out as long as you don't charge into meat grinders

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
fastest effective ttk (3shot, accurate, fast firing so misses matter less than the 52gal)
accurate at mid range
best offensive sub
highly ink efficient
highly mobile

not really any weaknesses to balance this out as long as you don't charge into meat grinders
Damn. I'd love an analysis of this for all the weaps.

Any plans to make an in depth guide like your mkboards one?

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
eventually, when I'm better at the game

right now I'm still gathering data

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

If anything, I wish there were more game modes available for Ranked. Like a Ranked Turf War, a Ranked Splat Zone, or perhaps a Special Ranked Mode that does what you are asking for, a mode with a preset kit that everyone uses. Kinda like how Smash has a regular stage option or an Omega stage option.
You've more or less mentioned what is practically in the game already
accurate at mid range
best offensive sub
highly ink efficient
highly mobile

Really? ...hmm, nah I still do better with the roller.

eventually, when I'm better at the game

right now I'm still gathering data
But you have like...2 accounts with A+, what more do you want?

Sol64

Legit fell from A- to B- today, was pretty stupid.

But now i'm going for it, had to lift so hard the past few rounds because nobody understands "splatzones" ...

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
o___0

Just watched the video posted and I am extremely envious of being able to play in a lobby full of players that get it like that. OP rarely puts ink anywhere but on a player, tower or splat zone. The other players are really good at killing him despite his impeccable aim. So much going on here, I wish I could watch from all players PoV. I think maybe you should give ranked some more time.
I would love to be able to spectate matches in higher ranks.
I'm imaging what type of cluster f*ck this game will be in team matches, where 4 friends can coordinate their specials. You'd have Triple Inkstrikes, or multiple of timed instances of Bubblers, all types of high level possibilities which will change the game completely.

I'm currently gravitating around B+, had reached A- but now I've fallen to B - certain maps simply don't favor my weapons of choice and I'm not able to make the needed impact. Also it appears that awareness when you need to not die is one of my problems - I always have a high score but a lot of the times I get killed at a crucial moment and my team is unable to keep the opposition at bay. I still enjoy myself no matter the rank but there are noticeable differences in gameplay.

Last edited:

Sol64

I would love to be able to spectate matches in higher ranks.
I'm imaging what type of cluster f*ck this game will be in team matches, where 4 friends can coordinate their specials. You'd have Triple Inkstrikes, or multiple of timed instances of Bubblers, all types of high level possibilities which will change the game completely.

I'm currently gravitating around B+, had reached A- but now I've fallen to B - certain maps simply don't favor my weapons of choice and I'm not able to make the needed impact. Also it appears that awareness when you need to not die is one of my problems - I always have a high score but a lot of the times I get killed at a crucial moment and my team is unable to keep the opposition at bay. I still enjoy myself no matter the rank but there are noticeable differences in gameplay.
That has happened a little bit to me lately, it was quick funny.

Also, I think I hate Arowana Mall, that stage literally says nope in every sense of the word so now I avoid it on ranked rotation

Mister Chippy

Inkster Jr.
Managed to hit A+ once I stopped giving a **** about how I was doing in comparison to my team and just started doing what my team needed me to do. Currently trying to get to A+99 with Dynamo, then see what I can do with the Nozzlenose.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
I'm A+ 99 using Jet Squelcher, Tentatek Splattershot, and .96 Gal. Been going from A+ 80 to A+ 99 for forever but its a lot of fun.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Im jumping from A+ to A- and back to A+ again, its like dubstep

Shroomsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shroomsy
I'm glad it's over.

I'm just sad I had to retire the dual squelcher after it rocketed me to A- for the first time. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom