• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I made it to B rank today but afterwards I dropped back to B- -.-

Power

Inkling Commander
I finally made A+, oddly enough it was much easier getting there than getting past B+ lol. The tentatek is insane in my opinion, I am going to switch to other weapons and see how far I drop. Ima shoot for A+ 99 l8er tho.

SheriffCrazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SheriffCrazy
I made it into the A+ yesterday! Go Custom E-Liter! I even hit the gold A+ with the 99 points!

SheriffCrazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SheriffCrazy
Nice, do you have any tips with that weapon??. I used it b4 in splatzones and only got kills but no wins.
Use motion controls. Shoot when you see crosshairs. You don't have to fully charge a shot to kill someone.

Box

Pro Squid
I made it to A+ today. I probably could have made it earlier actually. The last time I made it to A I had just stuck around in a B rank room and kept carrying my team to victory. Since the room wasn't getting any harder, I could have just pushed up to A+ but I wanted to do it the right way. This time though I started at low A- and worked my way up through A rooms. I'm still not sure that I'm really playing at an A+ level. I was playing on maps that I feel comfortable with using one of the stronger weapons: the .52 Gal. Even then, I wasn't carrying every game and in most games I just did my part.

A week ago I was struggling in B+/A-. I'm not sure if I've really improved that much since then. It's possible that a lot of people like me have moved up to the A/A+ ranks which means I'm not really getting any better, just that people of lesser skill are now finding their way into A/A+ ranks.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
After 3 failed attempts at getting to A- (I failed with 90, 94 and 96 points then dropped down all the way to C+ all times) I finally made this weekend. Once in A- I felt it was easier to win and I got to A in no time. Then I started trying new gear and weapons and screwed up, back to B+.

As some had said, I find it´s much harder to get from B+ to A- than it is to go from A- to A.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I see y'all showing off your A+'s and A+ 99's. But are any of you as rich as I am? (Kappa)

currently got 130,000 something. I usually spend my cash immediately for upgrading/rerolling my gear, but now I force myself to keep at least 100,000 in reserve in case I can buy some really good gear from Spyke (of course I regularly order the gear from the people I battle in Splat Zones). but after getting some mad cash in A+, 100,000 is not even all that much!

Power

Inkling Commander
Yes the lag has become more noticeable. But I don't believe it has been game breaking consistently, it's only a minor annoyance for me

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Interesting. It must be because of the high traffic on Nintys already mediocre servers.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Even with the 1 million sales mark? That seems quite a bit larger than launch days, what? 40000 copies sold?
I can guarantee that traffic is at least half of what it was compared to launch week.
Edit: Just hit A-, woohoo!

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Its a lot worse now that people discovered the Krak-On Roller. Several occasions you would die to them when your clearly out of the way from their melee attack. From July 1st hopefully the connections will sort themselves out.
I don't claim to understand exactly what goes into this game's netcode or precisely how much your distance from others affects latency (from a mathematical standpoint), but I have to wonder how Nintendo would be able to address this issue at all, short of lobbying entire countries to improve their Internet infrastructure. I do agree that latency does help rollers (and to some extent blasters) more than it should, however. Way too many "you are already dead" scenarios to be acceptable for, say, a tournament environment down the road. At least the Kraken itself is getting nerfed.

Don't have much to contribute to the main topic, only just reached B- last night (I don't play Ranked that much).

Milo

Inkling
NNID
ValkyrieRT
Is that really what its like? A+ players just blame their troubles on lag?
A lot of people do. It can get out of hand really, the complaining. the most I do is just say "Come on" or "BS" to myself, then move on after a few seconds. It's just not worth it and you can only blame Nintendo for it. The main reason I don't like playing Rollers is because of how badly the online is in their favor. But until Ninty patches the net-code and not make it dip almost everyone's connection, it'll be a reoccurring problem

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
So from what I've read... It's a monster getting past B+... It seems I've confirmed that B+ is that void that no one returns from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom