"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Last weekend during Splatfest we were playing on Saltspray Rig, I'm on the spawn level and see someone on the pathway under it preparing to send off their Inkstrike. I jump down for the kill and somehow manage to maneuver myself into the narrow space between both levels' pathways, falling into the water. I don't even know how this works, the death space is so small... Worst of all, I'm pretty sure the other player witnessed the whole thing, since it happened right before their nose.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Camp Triggerfish on Rainmaker a few days ago, enemy team had reset the rainmaker to mid after we almost pushed it to their pedestal.
I shot the shield in a way that pushed me off the stage because of where I was standing. Probably one of the worst things I've ever done. I couldn't do much except hold my head in shame as I respawned.

That was also a match where I went like 2 and 12. Pretty shameful display.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I'm playing splatzones on Walleye Warehouse. I'm dashing to the center and jump off the smaller platform toward the larger center platform. At the same time I jump an opposing team member throws a suction bomb. The bomb hits the ground and I have a split second "OH $HIT!" as I land right on the bomb as it explodes.
It was like poetry in motion, well played!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Going 0-2 or more always feels like a massive failure to me. Whenever that happens and i'm about to lose, i'll always go like "C'mon, can i at least splat someone? I at least want some of my dignity back!"

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I was in rain maker using the jet squlecher my team was moving on after an enmey push and I see a little splatterscope in front of me so I throw all my splat bombs run out of ink (is surrounded by friendly ink) keeps trying to throw burst bombs and I see him charge his shot at point blank range and end me

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Well, I made another silly mistake recently, and it involves me shooting at the enemy on the edge during the match, but falling off the edge because I was still holding the analog stick, and even so, forgetting to jump hehe. Its a rare error on my part when it comes to Blufin Depot, but it does happen, and I am very sorry to whatever team bears witness of this. :/

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Oh, gosh, I wish I knew about this thread earlier, I have so many moments...
This one is a lot less worse than most of mine, but I think I accidentally tore up a squid party just now. It seemed like a normal match at first, someone was inking up at our base, but after I splatted them, I passed someone squidding on a platform at the center. And splatted them. I've never been in a squid party before and didn't want to risk misjudging it, so after checking the map and seeing others still inking up, I figured I'd just power through.
The worst moment was when everybody was on the same platform and jumping around and stuff- but I saw some ink flying and figured it was a battle. Threw up a splash wall and gunned down all of them, feeling proud of myself to get a quad kill on my first match with the regular .52 Gal while everyone else was probably very done with me.
Also, coincidentally, someone on the other team had my name.

Last edited:

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I had a silly moment on my way to level 50 where I tried to take out the other team that was on the tower in overtime, and essentially gave them their victory. Shame too since the match was really close, very competitive, and it would've been really cool to land on level 50 with a win like that, but alas...

I obviously could use a little more time on triggerfish tower control.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I am forever falling off of platforms. *le sigh*

In the most recent Splatfest(Snowbaes v Sandcastles), I was fighting a Team Snowbae on Mahi Mahi near the edge. I do believe I got the splat, but I fell in the water backing away. I also fell into the water trying to get up that little platform to go to the enemy's side. I was being chased by a Kraken, and thought I could jump, shoot at the wall, and squid into the wall to get away. Nope.

maxie

Full Squid
on moray towers i saw ink flying out from somewhere down below and made a split second decision to jump down on top of them and ambush them from above

and thats how i jumped right into a sprinkler and was immediately splatted

Chaos-7

Inkling
At bluefin depot, rainmaker match overtime: I had the rainmaker and my teammates cleared out the enemy. I needed to make the jump from the boxes to get the necessary points to win. I chocked/miss timed my jump and got splatted 2 seconds later

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Jumping in the water at the start of Mahi Mahi because I forget it's not Tower Control and the water is still high. Actually, pretty much anytime I fall off the cliff or jump in the water when there's no enemies around I face-palm and go "Why did I do that?"

Vriska

Inkling
There have been too many occasions where I didn't know my teammates were trying to be stealthy and I've super jumped to them. Cue me blowing their cover and usually getting one or both of us splatted. No amount of desperately and apologetically spamming 'nice' can make up for it.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Cool, a super jump point! Better camp right next to it so I splat the incoming foe.

one incoming dynamo flick later

Oh, another super jump point! Better camp right next to it so I splat the incoming foe.

one incoming dynamo flick later

I am an idiot.

Also, the other day I sacrificed myself in a strategic trade with a sprinkler.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I jumped into the water with the Rainmaker in Mahi-Mahi Resort in my most recent match. In my defense, I never played RM in this map before, so I was a tad confused. We still won't, though \o/

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I know your post is old, but I don't care I'm still going to reply to it!

On a certain map called Bannerfall in Destiny, before TTK's launch. I was playing Rift(Rainmaker basically) I was playing Warlock with Blink substituting for my glide. And I blinked off the map with the spark on hand... I have never bashed my head on the wall so hard before.
Yeah, it's Destiny as well.
Thought that stupid moment wasn't actually me being the idiot (More like the whole enemy team), I still had that reaction ''I can't beleive that just happened''
I will just post this video right here.
It speaks for itself

On Splatoon's side I managed to miss all my shots when trying to snipe... on a target that was Disrupted...
Then I went ahead and turned off the game for the rest of that night.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
This is somewhat random, but I was playing Skywars Minecraft the other day, and I missed a one block jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom