I need help to get out of B+!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

girigiriHERO

Don't try to play cute now. I don't want your help or your "constructive criticism".

I came here wanting to play with people that know what to do instead of inking the whole map with a roller or using weapons with echolocator on Splat Zones.
This right hear proves you know next to nothing about how to play and are probably the reason you are losing so much.

Map Control is VERY important, this is basically how fast you'll get back in to the action from your spawn point. I have won matches by playing support in S rank and acting as a beakon and making sure that the enemies have work to do if they get in to our area.

Echolocator is also an AMAZING skill in ranked. Even playing Splat Zones, knowing where the enemies are not only prevent you from dying (and not being able to ink the zone), it gives you and upper hand to knowing where they are to flank them and give your team the upper hand.

You didn't watch the DUDE video posted I'll assume, because everything you said there is what a mediocre B rank player would say, aka the type of person who just runs in to the middle with no precaution hoping to get a few flanks to feel big.

And to elaborate what has already been said, given your attitude there is no way I'd ever want to play with you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual for a lot of others who read this.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Can someone help me to contact a moderator to close this thread and delete my account? I don't wanna deal with this any longer. I've never had such a bad reception on a internet forum before. The first ezperience wasn't good and I don't even know why I tried to ask for help here.

It's my fault then, like everything else y'all are trying to pin on me, like the absurd amount of rank scums and dumb players this game has.

Peace out

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Don't try to play cute now. I don't want your help or your "constructive criticism".

I came here wanting to play with people that know what to do instead of inking the whole map with a roller or using weapons with echolocator on Splat Zones.
Lol now I really doubt S rank.... acting like echolocator is useless on splat zones? It is NEVER useless to know where the enemy is and what direction they're approaching from, or if you don't control the zone, where they're waiting for you. So you don't run in blindly and get ambushed by a carbon roller like a moron.

Also, inking the whole map= map control. I spend lots of time inking most of the map depending on the weapon, it's a support role. It allows my teammates to move easily and slows down the enemy team. And yes, I'm an S rank lol

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Inking the whole map on Tower Control is not needed. At all.

And the only map Echolocator is useful in Splat Zones is Saltspray Rig.

I wish I had a screen cap of my S rank just to make you eat your words.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird

I main the dynamo and the krakon roller (with good internet, mind you, I have an ethernet adaptor so I'm not a dreaded laggy dynamo). I use vanilla dynamo with echolocater for splat zones. It's AWESOME. You seriously don't have a clue if you don't recognize the advantage of echolocator. Once you take the zone, on ANY map, knowing where the enemy team is is HUGE in defending the zone from being flanked, and in turn when trying to take the zone I need to know where the enemy is so I can flank them and take the zone.

As for inking in tower control... inking most of the map is super helpful. It gives you free movement while the opposing team is slowed down trying to clean it up. Done tactfully it's a massive advantage in a firefight.

I guess bad players can get a lucky win streak and make it into S rank. Doesn't mean you belong there.

How can I not blame players that keep running around with a roller and don't go up the tower
I just have to respond to this even though this is old.... because a roller on the tower is a dead squid walking. I have either no range or a stupid slow flick speed, depending on which roller I'm running. Why the hell would I jump on the tower unless it's absolutely clear or I have a kraken built up? A roller is better of skirting around the tower, picking off anyone who tries to flank and setting beacons so no one has to jump to the tower. That's a lot more useful than moving the tower 10 feet and then becoming charger food. Maybe YOU should get on the tower.

Last edited:
G

girigiriHERO

Just because you claim you have S rank doesn't mean you deserve it (this is assuming you do).

Now, please clarify HOW Echolocator is not useful?

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Often times, we're causing ourselves to rank down without realizing it. The problem with most online games is that we get frustrated when we constantly lose regardless of the reason why. When we become frustrated, we start to tilt and our playing becomes worse. I think that half the time, we don't even realize that we're becoming far too frustrated. I think this has a lot to do. You seem to become frustrated very easily and it is probably affecting how you play. After reaching S+, I've learned a very important thing about Ranked.... Have fun. You won't achieve anything if you're not having fun and getting too worked up over things, you know? Ranked is a lot more fun when you learn to have fun with the game and not take it too seriously. You'll find yourself improving and ranking up easier if you can change your mindset. I know that it's hard not to get frustrated at Ranked - I think we all know that feeling haha. But it'll definitely help.

Other than that... It may be good for you to step back and look critically at what you're doing. Some times, it is our teammates. There's no doubt about that. Other times, however, it is us who has caused the problem. If we're constantly losing, it does stop being our teammates' fault after a while and becomes our fault. It means we're not doing something right and could be doing better. For example... Tonight, I tried solo Ranked. I began at S+ 30 and I'm now at S+ 10 after a string of loss. Some of that was my teammates - like the so-called S+ Gal who went 0/12. o_O A majority of the time, it was my responsibility though. I did drop the ball many times as a Heavy Splatling. I was failing at defending my team. The losses were partially on my failure to play correctly tonight and partially on my team. At some point, we all need to lose to accept personal responsibility for our playing and think critically about what we're doing, you know?

The Aerospray is a controversial weapon. If you like it though, I would say to keep using it! :) As an Inkbrush main, I can fully understand people telling you that your weapon isn't good enough. Every weapon can be useful for Ranked - some are just harder than others. The Aerospray and Inkbrush are two weapon classes often regarded as weak and useless for Ranked. When placed in the right hands though, they can be quite threatening. I'm quite a menace with the Inkbrush. Perhaps not in killing people but my job as an Inkbrush isn't to kill. It's to keep the other team fairly distracted so my teammates can sweep in for the kill. ;) The Aerospray RG runs similarly. You can serve as a good distraction by raiding their base or keeping complete map control. Map control is absolutely essential to every mode. It helps your team move easier and keeps the other team handicapped.

Keep using the Aerospray if you like it~ It will be harder to rank up but the more you use it, the more skilled you will become. With time, you can develop a skill set with the Aerospray that we often don't see. The best advice is to keep practicing and always make sure to think critically about the loss rather than pin blame. ^.^

Replying to this quickly... This itself shows that you have a lot to learn still. Map control is COMPLETELY essential in every single mode. The team who has the map control has the upper hand. Better movement is key in Splatoon. Keep the map your color and you've got that control. It's very essential.

Echolocator is always helpful. It tells you where the entire other team is for quite a few seconds. That is invaluable help - especially if you're a sniper or Splatling. Nothing better than knowing exactly where your enemies are. c:

G

girigiriHERO

Airi, while I agree whole heartedly with your post, you need to realize he's an Aerospray user that complains about people inking turf near the base, which means the primary role of an Aerospray user (inking) isn't what he's doing with it. Therefore he isn't playing his proper role in the team and thus bringing them down. I'd honestly be surprised if he read your entire post and took any of it seriously.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
doesn't your Wii U have to be Japanese to do that? afaik, you can't type in kana on any western systems. i mean, yeah, you could just import one, but i don't think very many people do.

either way, doesn't really excuse the OP on that front.
You can send Miis from Japanese Wii U's to other ones; I sent some to a player who wanted a katakana name xD

And holy cow this topic is out of control. hahahah

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
You can send Miis from Japanese Wii U's to other ones; I sent some to a player who wanted a katakana name xD

And holy cow this topic is out of control. hahahah
OOH yeah I completely forgot the name was mii-based... well that's interesting to know.

OP, it sounds like you want to be your team's go-getter. that's fine, I'm one of those too. always on the tower, always in the zones, usually trying to get the rainmaker... but there's a lot of intricacies to these you wouldn't expect.

first of all, try taking the tentatek splattershot (or octoshot if you want) into tower control, and be the squid that you don't think others are being. you should be on the tower based on your playstyle, so get on it! people will follow suit, if their weapons are compatible. if you are so upset that other players aren't doing this, then you should make an example.

and again I know why you're frustrated, but people are mad at you because you responded to their advice with a rude attitude. it isn't fun to be told you're wrong, I know, but this would happen anywhere, not just these boards. please understand we don't want to antagonize you, a lot of us are probably speaking from experience (I know I am).

if you really want to, I'm fine to play tower control with you. but you'd have to keep an open attitude.

Last edited:

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Echolocator is not useful in small maps like Piranha Pit since you can see all the enemies. For me it was only useful in Saltspray and maybe Urchin because they can hide and splat you out of nowhere.

As for tower control, it is important to have area control but doing only that isn't helpful at all. Sometimes it is good to get up on the tower, you know... People are afraid to do that

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
OOH yeah I completely forgot the name was mii-based... well that's interesting to know.

OP, it sounds like you want to be your team's go-getter. that's fine, I'm one of those too. always on the tower, always in the zones, usually trying to get the rainmaker... but there's a lot of intricacies to these you wouldn't expect.

first of all, try taking the tentatek splattershot (or octoshot if you want) into tower control, and be the squid that you don't think others are being. you should be on the tower based on your playstyle, so get on it! people will follow suit, if their weapons are compatible. if you are so upset that other players aren't doing this, then you should make an example.

and again I know why you're frustrated, but people are mad at you because you responded to their advice with a rude attitude. it isn't fun to be told you're wrong, I know, but this would happen anywhere, not just these boards. please understand we don't want to antagonize you, a lot of us are probably speaking from experience (I know I am).

if you really want to, I'm fine to play tower control with you. but you'd have to keep an open attitude.
Some people hide their attitude behind "good intentions".

I am very chill and open for advices but I don't like people making assumptions about how I play and calling me a liar

And we can play any ranked mode. I'm just not too good with Rainmaker but sometimes I win most of the matches, usually when Kelp Dome, Flounder Heights and Arowana Mall are available.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Some people hide their attitude behind "good intentions".

I am very chill and open for advices but I don't like people making assumptions about how I play and calling me a liar

And we can play any ranked mode. I'm just not too good with Rainmaker but sometimes I win most of the matches, usually when Kelp Dome, Flounder Heights and Arowana Mall are available.
first of all, i really don't mind how much you win or lose. ignoring that you don't lose points in squad if you're S/S+, the experience is more important to me than my win count. you don't need to prove anything to me, don't worry óvo

i admit the calling you a liar is kind of out of line, but people are probably just responding to how you present yourself. a lot of players who talk like you do really are full of themselves and not very nice people. first impressions are everything, right??

add my NNID and let me know when you're up to play

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
I want to have at least one teammate with echo on every match (unless it's blackbelly). Echolocator isn't that great in tc, but still not useful.
What's the point of being on tower with aerospray?

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
I want to have at least one teammate with echo on every match (unless it's blackbelly). Echolocator isn't that great in tc, but still not useful.
What's the point of being on tower with aerospray?
Inkmine.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
first of all, i really don't mind how much you win or lose. ignoring that you don't lose points in squad if you're S/S+, the experience is more important to me than my win count. you don't need to prove anything to me, don't worry óvo

i admit the calling you a liar is kind of out of line, but people are probably just responding to how you present yourself. a lot of players who talk like you do really are full of themselves and not very nice people. first impressions are everything, right??

add my NNID and let me know when you're up to play
What's your NNID?

G

girigiriHERO

Echolocator is not useful in small maps like Piranha Pit since you can see all the enemies. For me it was only useful in Saltspray and maybe Urchin because they can hide and splat you out of nowhere.

As for tower control, it is important to have area control but doing only that isn't helpful at all. Sometimes it is good to get up on the tower, you know... People are afraid to do that
I'd like to know how you are actively aware of where 4 other players are at all times while playing Piranha Pit, because that's not possible. Since Echolocator is "not useful" in a map like PP, I assume you NEVER die because enemies can never sneak up on you? I didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom