I'm sick of ________

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm sick of people thinking that just because the burst bombs got buffed, they can sit there and just spam them. I mainly see the carbon rollers and 3k eliters. Like really...it's agitating.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I'm sick of Competitive and S+ players going all out on all players and then spawn csmping the entire match.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
In terms of weapons I would say I am tired of dynamos. Other than that, the lag is pretty irritating. It doesn't happen too often to me but when it does, it's awful.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I´m sick of Luna Blasters splatting you from half a mile away because of "blast radius"... like honestly are we sure that thing has the wost range out of all blasters?
Also, I´m tired of Splattershot juniors and Krak-on rollers ALWAYS having their darn special ready as soon as I go and try to surprise and splat them.
And constantly missing my inkzooka shots while opponents hit me even if the tornado was 10 metres away from me.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'm sick of this Splatfest. Opposing teams of talented Chargers and Dynamo Rollers while I'm doing as terrible as a C ranked newbie. And the saddest thing about me being so damn awful is that my teams aren't much better either.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
People who stand still at spawn or in the base for too long. I'm paranoid of DC's, please just tell the dudes you're in the middle of a turf war.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm sick of players with OHKO weapons spamming :ability_damage:. They've been really frequent in my last few matches, I've come across blasters, chargers, and even a Gal (where pretty much every kit is filled with OHKO or THKO weapons, save the vanilla .96) It feels so cheap to me-rather than charge your shots or just hit someone running :ability_defenseup: (which isn't that common), you'd prefer to just fill up all your slots and not even consider any other benefits?

I'm also sick of the matchmaker placing similar weapons on the same team. A blaster and a charger aren't the best for inking up turf, so why do I get both of them on my team when the other team gets three Splattershots and keeps constant control of the map?

I'm sick of teammates who just HAVE to win by knockout and will push on mercilessly for no reason.

You've got a solid lead in TC/RM/Zones with 45 seconds to go, why would you push on and risk getting splatted and leaving us open?!? 'Hold your ground, tighten up and don't be afraid to swim away and reload. And I'm not talking sit completely back closer and closer to the spawn point, some players just aren't aware of their surroundings or the situation.

I've lost so many games at the death because of this, they push too hard and we leave ourselves wide open. especially in Zones. Frustrating.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Splash-o-Matics. :confused:
Good lord. I never thought Splash-o-Matics could ever be so annoying but they have become extremely annoying since the update. :P They're a nuisance in Turf War and Splat Zones these days. :P

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I'm sick of teammates who just HAVE to win by knockout and will push on mercilessly for no reason.

You've got a solid lead in TC/RM/Zones with 45 seconds to go, why would you push on and risk getting splatted and leaving us open?!? 'Hold your ground, tighten up and don't be afraid to swim away and reload. And I'm not talking sit completely back closer and closer to the spawn point, some players just aren't aware of their surroundings or the situation.

I've lost so many games at the death because of this, they push too hard and we leave ourselves wide open. especially in Zones. Frustrating.
I have the opposite problem. When my team has a comfortable lead they assume they don't need to be very vigilant anymore, so they slack off, and the enemy grabs the objective and my team seems to not be aware or worried about it. Then one of them gets splatted. Then another, now the other team has 4 squids against the two of us remaining, and before you know it they take the lead (or land a ko.) This happens relentlessly in TC and zones. I've found myself becoming that squid that keeps pushing the tower forward even though we have a lead because it forces my teammates to remain engaged with the tower :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Splash-o-Matics. :confused:
Good lord. I never thought Splash-o-Matics could ever be so annoying but they have become extremely annoying since the update. :p They're a nuisance in Turf War and Splat Zones these days. :p
I was always a nuisance with the Splashes. ;)

Till I got to higher ranks anyway. :oops:

At least they are a more viable option these days thanks to the buffs.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i'm so sick of TEAMMATES STEPPING IN MY ****ING CHARGER BEAM.

some straight-up idiot roller on my team last match literally LEAPT into my beam in order to attempt to flick at superjump circle I WAS ALREADY LOCKED ON. guess what happened? his timing was bad and we both got killed by the splatling that landed there because when i released my shot there was an idiot roller standing in the way.

JESUS CHRIST.

it's not even like i was flicking or there was a lot of movement happening and it was hard to keep track of what was going on. literally it was just me, a nice open area with no other enemies (since i killed them), and the circle. and he jumped right in front of me.

#SaveTheChargerBeams

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020

some straight-up idiot roller on my team last match literally LEAPT into my beam in order to attempt to flick at superjump circle I WAS ALREADY LOCKED ON. guess what happened? his timing was bad and we both got killed by the splatling that landed there because when i released my shot there was an idiot roller standing in the way.

JESUS CHRIST.

it's not even like i was flicking or there was a lot of movement happening and it was hard to keep track of what was going on. literally it was just me, a nice open area with no other enemies (since i killed them), and the circle. and he jumped right in front of me.

#SaveTheChargerBeams
I feel your pain so much. That happens to me all the time and I usually get splatted because of it. Like...if a charger has their aim on a super jump marker, 99% of the time, we're going to get them. I don't see why it's so hard for them to just leave it alone, and move on with the objective.

I have to say I also hate the moments where somehow, all my team members magically get splatted in the last 10-15 mins, and we lose because of it. Like I'm never part of the triple splats. How on earth does this happen so often?

Akamia

Inkling
NNID
TurnaboutAkamia
I'm sick of my ink getting blocked by my teammates.

I mean, I get it, it's a pretty standard trope for shooter games, but most of them have some sort of friendly-fire enabled, at least by default, as a means of discouraging players from getting in eachother's way. Of course, that wouldn't make any amount of sense in a game like Splatoon, and on top of that, this can also have the effect of enabling chronic team-killers to have their way with the team, but as someone who has played shooters for several years now, such players seem relatively rare. Anyway, maybe it's my fault too, to some extent; I'm extremely new to this game, I'm only just gaining some level of recognition of the maps, and I'm getting a feel for a good handful of weapons, unlocking more to play with as I level up.

But still, I find it annoying when someone gets in my line of fire no matter what weapon I happen to be using, but especially with the Inkbrush line – my favorite so far is the Octobrush – where a person getting in front of me can effectively negate all that slashing I try to do, particularly when there isn't enough time for me to simply swim around them or something before we're both splatted by the threatening opponent.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two 'sick-ofs' are really standing out to me right now:
  1. I'm sick of the matchmaker making horrible setups
  2. I'm sick of invincibility specials
The past few matches really highlighted this for me: In three matches, there'd be some combination of Krakens and Bubblers on the other team, with no such special on our side. The weird thing was, it wasn't like our team would be perfectly varied, either. I had teams with two Carbon Rollers, two Killer Wails, heck, even one team with three Seekers.
And the worst matchup, just before this streak:
:wst_charge_longscp01::wst_roller_normal01:. Three Krakens, a Splash Wall, and an E-liter on Moray Towers. It was a nightmare.

With 2, I don't mean I want them gone or nerfed or anything (they're still pretty good tools IMO), but I am so tired of people using them as a panic button. Just when they're cornered, or when I'm on top of them and swinging my roller, or when they're surrounded by enemies, they pull it out. They never do anything special with it-using it to apply more pressure, or hunt down enemies, or chase people away, or share Bubbler with their teammates, or anything like that. (and I would know-I had the pleasure of watching it on the killcam) They'd just have a nice little 'get out of death free card' so they could avoid respawning and/or learning how to actually survive.
The one nice thing about the ordeal was that it was Tower Control, and they didn't change their strategy at all. Watching them fall off the tower from afar, or even knocking some off myself, was so satisfying.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.

JESUS CHRIST.

#SaveTheChargerBeams
Whenever I see that a teammate of mine is about to get an easy kill from an unguarded superjump, I just continue on my merry way. It's a really dumb waste of time to have half of a team standing still shooting their weapons like that. Sadly, I will encounter a lot of teammates who try to steal one I'm about to get, I usually just swim away and let them take it. I don't care about kills enough to waste time that could go towards pushing an objective.

OT: Dynamos. I really hate them with a passion yet again. It would not be so bad if I didn't have to battle so any of them these days. Even after all the nerfs, people still find ways to make them so annoying to battle. Most of my main weapons are very short to mid range, so I almost never can take on a dynamo directly. And it's worse when there is even just the tiniest bit of lag, as I will constantly approach one to take it out, only to just explode by an invisible wall of ink.

The minute I see one in any match on the other team, I really just lose a lot of enthusiasm, especially if my team has no way to counter one, which happens way too often. Or if they are paired with a charger. It's hellish to deal with a charger following your every move, and having a dynamo just flick away at you, when you have no means of fighting back. And again, this happens way too often.

I'm sure this belongs in the Salt thread, but I am legitimately sick of the sudden rise of dynamos in play these days.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I'm sick of Museum d'alfonsino splat zones. Can someone please explain to me why it shows up in the rotation so frequently? It's like each time the mode is splat zones, museum d'alfonsino is one of the maps!
Hush! At least it's not Moray and Mackerel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom