• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm sick of ________

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Disgusting Custom Blasters. They match range with my Octoshot and, of course, they have a Bubbler(?).

Makes me want to quit playing this game.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'm sick of Urchin Underpass. I think they wanted to make the map less of a one-sided battle when a team cannot hold the middle by making the other routes larger, but in reality they just made it nigh impossible to recover from since the enemy now has a lot more ways to attack you. I'll hope that I don't see it on this Splatfest or I'll seriously consider ditching Splatoon until there's something more pleasant in the rotation
So, did you ditch the game?

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'm tired of having forgotten the Splatfest was happening.

Argh.

A bit too distracted by a couple of other games...

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So you must be sick of fun then. Jk, how come though? I mean there have only been 5 is there something so awful about them that they stale that quickly.
24 hours of playing the same maps, in the same format has gotten old to me. Also, when Splatoon was brand-spanking new, Splatfest was a good way to just kinda explore the game. Most people were still pretty new and of a similar skill level. Now, skill levels very wildly and the matchmaking is maddening in Splatfest.

Maybe add a way to play with my friends IN splatfest. That would be fun.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'm sick of Turf Wars, and it's a tedious grind having to play it that long if I want my Snails.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So you must be sick of fun then. Jk, how come though? I mean there have only been 5 is there something so awful about them that they stale that quickly.
Problem with it is that you're locked in one game mode, and to get the best rewards you'll have to play roughly 3-4 hours of TW in a single day. I personally don't like TW as much as the Ranked modes, and the matchmaking for standard play is absolute trash.
My only motivation to join them anymore is getting a bunch of snails from it so i can re-roll my gear to get the subs i want, but that's still means i'd have to marathon TW.

I'd wish they'd introduce new gimmicks or rules to keep things more interesting next time, even if it's something simple like switching the main ability of the splatfest shirt.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, did you ditch the game?
Since Saltspray Rig wasn't in the rotation, and I didn't encounter too many Disruptors, Inkzookas or Killer Wails, I was able to deal with it for the most part (and I discovered an interesting place you can jump to when on defense). I still dislike it, though :ability_defenseup:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
前略、日本の選手さん、

ナワバリバトルの中に参加する時で、優位に立っているのに警戒心を解かないでくれ。 さもなくば僕たちが腐って、機嫌が直るため、僕がなにか壊すことにしなければなりません。

どうかよろしくお願いします。

草々、
JSK

(No, I am not translating that. My beef is specifically with certain Japanese players I've played with not long ago.)

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
Seriously, nothing is more annoying to me than when I'm solo-camping the enemy team close to their base and my entire team is lagging back and not taking the uncontested turf.
That's because you spawn camp and your teammates know how to play fair.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Do you think George Washington complained when he had to cross the Delaware River in the freezing cold night?
I'm not sure but if he didn't he probably thought "God damn this is cold but since I'm the leader I have to put up an image." We are all human. Anyway, I'm going to keep venting. If people vent it doesn't mean they aren't trying to improve on their plays. Even though we know it can be our faults, it doesn't make it any less of a surprise or a frustrating event. This game can get frustrating and it's nice to vent with others. So no. You vent so you can move on and learn from it. Otherwise it just builds up and I don't want that.

Funnily enough, I have nothing to vent about. Lately I have gotten less frustrated at things, because I expect those things to happen and try to find better ways of dealing with them.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Something else to consider: George Washington would sometimes specifically choose locations in unpleasant weather as part of his strategies. He could take the weather and knew how to protect himself from it, but his opponents were not always so lucky or so prepared. His famous Yorktown victory, for instance, involved him taking advantage of an incoming storm and high winds to remove British troops' sea escape routes, allowing him and his French allies to capture all of the enemy soldiers. Malaria was also present in the area, with the Americans having grown a resistance to the disease whereas the British didn't; General Charles Cornwallis stated that perhaps half of his army couldn't fight because malaria had incapacitated them.

In other words, Washington's way of doing things was to put himself and his men in uncomfortable places so that his opponents would suffer even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom