• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I'm sick of ________

inviso

Inkling
NNID
inviso87
but but but i NEED my ink resistance!

Back on topic, i dislike people who whine about weapons being OP without learning their weaknesses. People should know by now chargers can only work at long range and vice-versa with rollers, right? I can understand if there's something undeniably overpowered about one of these weapons, but you can't just yell 'NERF' and 'OP' without explaining why you want something nerfed.
I'm also weirded out a lot of people don't type out overpowered entirely but just write OP a lot. But that's just a small pet-peeve of mine, and i think might have been guilty of this too. oh-pee.

I stumbled upon this salt quarry a while ago on gamefaqs and it still makes me awestruck how utterly salty it is about chargers, it's ridiculous.
Hey *******, any moron can see that any Charger with a sub that serves as a secondary main to combat enemies at close range is too powerful. E-Liter 3K is the biggest criminal in this. Chargers are supposed to be ranged shots only, and should die in close range. However, a few special ones have other options that cause them to be able to combat every scenario, regardless of range. That's an issue (and this isn't even talking about the Damage Up abuse).

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Lol I wish I had that problem in S. It's like I get to S and the game is like "OH, so you think you got gud now... We'll see about that." XD
XD At least S has leeway when you first reach it. You can lose about 6-7 times before you derank as opposed to 3.

nasalfire

Inkling
I always get angry and defensive whenever I get the "You do not currently have an internet connection" error message prior to being disconnected. I'll then check my laptop and point, as if I'm telling the game, "Look! The internet!"

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey *******, any moron can see that any Charger with a sub that serves as a secondary main to combat enemies at close range is too powerful. E-Liter 3K is the biggest criminal in this. Chargers are supposed to be ranged shots only, and should die in close range. However, a few special ones have other options that cause them to be able to combat every scenario, regardless of range. That's an issue (and this isn't even talking about the Damage Up abuse).
Couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams that the original author of the topic would stumble on Squidboards. Sorry for your predicament with chargers, but dude telling me that i'm a "********" is uncalled for. Have faith in yourself and someday you'll conquer any charger on the playing field!

You know E-Liters guzzle ink like nobody's business, right? You can use that to your advantage. Burst bombs aren't entirely reliable either since they take huge chunks of ink to throw and move much slower than actual inkshots. The best way in figuring out weaknesses of a weapon is trying out the weapon itself.

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
I'm sick of Flounder Heights being on the rotation frequently. It's getting old.

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
Dude you have a really awful attitude. Like why are you calling people names for disagreeing with you? Are you really that emotionally invested in your opinion of chargers?

Also, it's pretty clear to most people here that chargers are not, in fact, as broken as you're making them sound. They aren't totally dominating the meta in the S/S+ ranks or in tournaments. So that means either you know something about chargers that the best players in the world don't, or they know something about chargers you don't. Which do you think is more likely? (If you think it's the former, you should probably start maining an e-liter and win that $1,000,000 prize-pool tournament coming up)

If you didn't approach the issue like a scrub and call for laughably draconian nerfs in a salt-filled tirade, people would be more willing to help you (and frankly @Elecmaw was much, much nicer to you than you really deserved). Chargers have weaknesses that are not that hard to exploit, as people have been trying to tell you (even describing them in detail) in the Gamefaqs thread and here. Whether you want to listen to them or not is your prerogative, but really if you choose not to you're just going to continue to struggle against them.

Last edited:

natakazam

Inkling
why u so worked up over a game

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
why u so worked up over a game
Why you gotta be so personal about it?

Anyways, I seriously sick of disconnecting. It's absolutely infuriating when it happens. I also dislike that when I'm splatted, whatever objective that I was currently defending is taken away instantly and my team falls under hardcore. I ALWAYS seem to be that one guy who is holding the team afloat and when I inevitably die from 3v1s, the game is basically over.

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
i'm sick of people with pea shooters trying to ink turf from a high altitude right beside me, when i have a bloody dynamo roller! like, they're basically not doing anything. -_-

oval

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Weatie
Switch Friend Code
SW-0864-5796-0493
I'm sick of Flounder Heights being on the rotation frequently. It's getting old.
Honestly, besides yesterday/last night it wasn't on rotation at all. It was just the same 4 maps just rehashed for TW and ranked and I was getting really sick of that. Flounder is a great map, and will get old quick but IMHO I think it's one of the best, fairest maps around. There are so many little places most people wouldn't think to climb and get around the enemy.

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
Hell is real, but it's not a cave with fire or demons: It's a replica of Port Mackerel where you alone have to fight a full team of laggy, spawn-camping Aerospray users wearing that camo fedora. Over and over. The ride never ends.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Last minute takeovers. It's more a petty annoyance to me, but if your team is winning then at the minute mark the opposing team suddenly sweeps you. Wouldn't you say "WTF!"? Though lately, the teams I have been on have wiped the floor with teams that attempt last minute takeovers. Partly due to my aggressiveness and the aggressiveness of my team.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I'm sick of:

People who don't push the rainmaker when i've forged a path
People who use lag an an excuse
People who don't stay on the tower
People who go awol on splat zones
People who keep moving forwards without thought and splat me because I'm dumb to not evacuate
Dynamos getting to kill me before I kill them
Most carbon rollers
Bad team mates (Kappa)
Rainmaker + Arowana mall being on a lot this week.

There's so much more but ima hold it down.

natakazam

Inkling
Why you gotta be so personal about it?

Anyways, I seriously sick of disconnecting. It's absolutely infuriating when it happens. I also dislike that when I'm splatted, whatever objective that I was currently defending is taken away instantly and my team falls under hardcore. I ALWAYS seem to be that one guy who is holding the team afloat and when I inevitably die from 3v1s, the game is basically over.
i think they made it personal when they had to sling around insults for no reason but..

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Hell is real, but it's not a cave with fire or demons: It's a replica of Port Mackerel where you alone have to fight a full team of laggy, spawn-camping Aerospray users wearing that camo fedora. Over and over. The ride never ends.
This post deserves an award for its excruciatingly accurate realism.

**** that camo fedora. For real. That thing is SO UGLY. Get that pile of poop off your head man!

Reactions: Rob

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
To be fair sometimes a lost tower is better than a dead teammate. I think it is just important to know when to abandon ship or not.
There are many cases when someone really needed to stay on and they just jump off for whatever reason causing us to lose in te long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom