I'm sick of ________

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I am sick of Tentatek splattershot! It's OVERPOWERED
I shot this guy a bunch... and he shot me for a split second and he killed me and he didn't die... I was so mad AND HE HAD NO DEFENSE OR ATTACK STATS! I hate that weapon A LOT!
o.o;

Little fun fact: No matter what, regardless of attack or defense, the Splattershot and its reskins always have to hit three times when starting from full health in order to splat opponents. Some other weapons are similar, such as the Gal weapons taking only two shots to splat. I think Squid Kids has a YouTube video on Abilities explaining this. I'm willing to bet you were at close range and needed more shots. Also, are you complaining about the Splattershot over one instance or more?

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
o.o;

Little fun fact: No matter what, regardless of attack or defense, the Splattershot and its reskins always have to hit three times when starting from full health in order to splat opponents. Some other weapons are similar, such as the Gal weapons taking only two shots to splat. I think Squid Kids has a YouTube video on Abilities explaining this. I'm willing to bet you were at close range and needed more shots. Also, are you complaining about the Splattershot over one instance or more?
I thought it takes about 2 :ability_defenseup: mains to change the number of hits for a splattershot to take you down from 3 hits to 4 hits (the same can be said for the .52 gal which with 1 :ability_defenseup: main will change it from 2 to 3 hits to splat someone).

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
o.o;

Interestingly enough, no weapon (except maybe the Brushes?) in Splatoon can have its shots-to-kill decreased by any amount of Damage Ups (assuming your target is at full health when you start shooting). This makes Damage Up almost entirely useless for Shooters, Sloshers, and Splatlings. However, Damage Up does increase the damage of Rollers' fling attacks and decrease the charge time needed to one-hit-kill with a Charger, so it's fairly useful for those classes. Lots of Damage Ups can also make Burst Bombs scary to deal with. I'm guessing that Pteropine's situation was either caused by lag, like you said, or maybe he was weakened by something else first.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
People super jump to others regardless in most cases. Though if you are close to point B or are in battle near that point, they always jump to you. I'll agree it gets annoying after a certain point. Though there have been cases where people super jumping to me has saved my butt, so it isn't all bad.
I know but it's to the point I respawned about 3 seconds ago and they jump to me when they can pretty much follow right behind me from spawn point. Meanwhile, there's a perfectly useful beacon right ahead me that they can use for their convenience.

Sora-No-Maku

Inkling
NNID
Semjax
I'm sick of being stuck with players who don't understand team work, and wind up feeding kills to the enemies.

Also sick of seeing people ignore when enemies are coating our entire base, and they're off in lala land.

KeenSine

Inkling
NNID
Kitepyro
I'm sick of people of over extending to the point the other team can kill them and force us way back to our spawn area.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I know but it's to the point I respawned about 3 seconds ago and they jump to me when they can pretty much follow right behind me from spawn point. Meanwhile, there's a perfectly useful beacon right ahead me that they can use for their convenience.
Ooooooh. Yeah that... I really do hate that. It makes me feel like the team really has no common sense or those few are too lazy to just walk all that way.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I'm sick of rollers jumping off ledges... Who do you think you are, Superman? I'm sick of being killed when I'm behind cover by a blaster because of the area of effect of their blast.... I'm sick of snipers.... I'm sick of people camping on a tiny blotch of ink....

DJVee

Inkling
NNID
DJVeeWolf
I'm sick of total team wipes. I mean, I get it, we all got unlucky at the same time, it happens. It's just painful watching the opposing team have free reign of the map for 5 seconds, to say nothing of travel time back to the line!

In Turf Wars, I'm sick of teammates jumping to me and just...chillin' when there's no enemies around. It's like "hey, wassup, I'mma hang here for a sec with you. Pretty crazy match, eh?" Go ink something, I've got a handle on this section! I'll call you when I need you!

I'm sick of power play matches caused by connection errors mid-match or someone just sitting in spawn (which is occasionally the connection issue as well). 4 on 3 is typically a slaughter, 3 on 4 isn't typically honorable! This isn't hockey, it's not a temporary penalty. I get it about connection issues, I know it's out of the player's control, it's simply irritating to realize you're a squid down, especially in ranked.

oval

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Weatie
Switch Friend Code
SW-0864-5796-0493
I'm sick of all the octoling hacker posts without any sort of proof. This forum doesn't have any proof, Reddit doesn't have any proof and neither does the Facebook group. Yeah, its great that you're warning people and that word can spread quick throughout the community but really? Why hasn't anyone taken a picture or a video of it? No video of what happens when you get 'softbanned?' Nothing adds up.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm sick of all the octoling hacker posts without any sort of proof. This forum doesn't have any proof, Reddit doesn't have any proof and neither does the Facebook group. Yeah, its great that you're warning people and that word can spread quick throughout the community but really? Why hasn't anyone taken a picture or a video of it? No video of what happens when you get 'softbanned?' Nothing adds up.
Hold on, let me load up a picture off of Miiverse of it for proof. . . Oh wait, I can't get the game to load up in the first place, welp, I must be lying about it then. Have you actually invested in reading what the softlock does? I'd recommend doing so.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Hold on, let me load up a picture off of Miiverse of it for proof. . . Oh wait, I can't get the game to load up in the first place, welp, I must be lying about it then. Have you actually invested in reading what the softlock does? I'd recommend doing so.

A huge chunk of the population nowadays has access to a cellphone with a camera that, as crappy as it may be, is very capable of recording video. This is especially true amongst people who can afford themselves a gaming console and an internet connection. Getting proof, as not-HD as it may be, and uploading it is easier than ever before.

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

A huge chunk of the population nowadays has access to a cellphone with a camera that, as crappy as it may be, is very capable of recording video. This is especially true amongst people who can afford themselves a gaming console and an internet connection. Getting proof, as not-HD as it may be, and uploading it is easier than ever before.
Yea, you're right, the main objective for these people should definitely be to capture footage of this happening, not worrying about their own saves. Disregard.

I take back what I said, they're probably just making it up because it makes them look cool.

kittypuppet

Inkling
NNID
kittypuppet
I'm sick of being the best on my team. I'm a freaking noob, I barely know how to play and yet I'm doing better than level 40s out there. Cmon guys, step up your game qq

Relados

Senior Squid
I'm sick of being the best on my team. I'm a freaking noob, I barely know how to play and yet I'm doing better than level 40s out there. Cmon guys, step up your game qq
Same; it feels at some point in the game, I stopped winning unless I performed heroically well. Too rarely does my team win because my allies made plays, it;s always my performance that dictates the result of the match.

Of course, this could easily just be cognitive bias, but sometimes the scores and k:d ratios speak for themselves.

Squidderp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.Dorito
I'm sick of disconnections. One time, all 3 of my teammates disconnected. I, needless to say, got completely crushed.

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
I'm sick of people treating turf wars like a ranked match. As in, everyone goes straight for the middle to dish it out. Then, when they die, they go straight back to the middle, nevermind our un-inked base.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Ughh; complaint #1000000 but I'm SOO TIREDD of Re-Rolling Gear, the same piece, and not getting even 1x what I need!
Whyy :head_amb000: whyy are you Amiibo brand and sooo hard to get :ability_swimspeed:/:ability_runspeed:XX on it at the Minimum?!
Sigh. Feels like such a waste every 30k.

I'm sick of people treating turf wars like a ranked match. As in, everyone goes straight for the middle to dish it out. Then, when they die, they go straight back to the middle, nevermind our un-inked base.
you ignore the base until respawns where you can get your special back quickly; you push to the middle to keep them from getting further than there or even push them back. The team that spends the first 30sec of the match Inking their own base is usually the team that gets surpressed. Truust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom