I'm sick of ________

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
you ignore the base until respawns where you can get your special back quickly; you push to the middle to keep them from getting further than there or even push them back. The team that spends the first 30sec of the match Inking their own base is usually the team that gets surpressed. Truust me.
I'm aware of that. If you re-read my post, I said that I'll see team mates die and respawn, and STILL ignore a large portion of the base that hasn't been inked.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I'm aware of that. If you re-read my post, I said that I'll see team mates die and respawn, and STILL ignore a large portion of the base that hasn't been inked.
They're missing out, really. take advantage of all the free points; their [not] strategy of essentially bum-rushing the other team is how I play my part in Rainmaker. Swim Speed, Run Speed, Swim and Run Speed, and the Sploosh-o-matic~ my constant goal is to splat the other team non stop (it works surprisingly well especially just disrupting their progress and being a distraction.)

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
They're missing out, really. take advantage of all the free points; their [not] strategy of essentially bum-rushing the other team is how I play my part in Rainmaker. Swim Speed, Run Speed, Swim and Run Speed, and the Sploosh-o-matic~ my constant goal is to splat the other team non stop (it works surprisingly well especially just disrupting their progress and being a distraction.)
I can't say I don't appreciate all the points, and it does end up helping me with my special. But the majority of the time this happens to me, my team just.... sucks.

Jazy

Inkling
NNID
Paziiruu
I'm sick of rollers jumping off ledges... Who do you think you are, Superman?
I'm guilty of doing that! xD I'm a roller main and it's fun as hell doing that on Bluefin Depot.
I think of myself as batman instead of superman!
:p

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I can't say I don't appreciate all the points, and it does end up helping me with my special. But the majority of the time this happens to me, my team just.... sucks.
I know way too well; I want a legitimate 4-man cell to go into ranked with. It's impossible to even get so much as a 2-Twin squad thats reliable honestly.
EDIT: example right now for sure, Rainmaker just got rotated in, but I'm sure to get grab-bag teammates DD;

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Chargers

x.x

Starting to finally play Ranked has taught me a new hatred for people who use those things. x)
I second that motion considering that I started Ranked myself today. Chargers dominate the field and the Duel Squelchers stop further advancement. Then again, I was playing Splat Zones today, so yeah. lol

I'm guilty of doing that! xD I'm a roller main and it's fun as hell doing that on Bluefin Depot.
I think of myself as batman instead of superman!
:p
Nanananananananananana! BATMAN!!! But yeah, you tend to see a lot of inkling hoping of edges in Ranked more than Turf Wars. We are the 'Flying Squid People'! yay! Though ledge jumping does advance getting to areas faster, though not as fast as the super jump. I'm guilty of using the super jump a lot in Ranked. I depend less on it in Turf Wars.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This has less to do with teammates not knowing that they should ink but it's mostly that they just don't care.
Some players go to TW to test out weapons they are unfamiliar with and learn how to use them without risking losing rank. So they just ignore turfing for the most part and focus on splatting, something that's more useful for ranked. If you see an E-Liter in TW (like me) you can almost always assume this is the case because that weapon is very hard to master and is horrible at inking turf.

RayRay

Inkling
NNID
DiamondDustBunny
~"Squidbaggers"... there's no crouching animation and no corpse to crouch over. I honestly don't even know why it's a thing. I kinda wish FPS fanboys would stick to FPS, ya know?
~Complainers in my plaza. LMAO. I get almost nothing but people blaming their teammates for losses.I wouldn't be surprised if these were the same people asking for voice chat.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
~"Squidbaggers"... there's no crouching animation and no corpse to crouch over. I honestly don't even know why it's a thing. I kinda wish FPS fanboys would stick to FPS, ya know?
Not that I do this after finishing off a player, but you have to admit that no other shooter plays this fun of a sound while "crouching" repeatedly.

Also, doing it behind the safety of your Splash Wall can be good for baiting annoying E-Liters into doing something stupid. =P

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
I'm sick of when players stand in the spawn point for too long that I can't tell if they are having a bad connection that will lead them to being DC'ed or they are away from the game.

RayRay

Inkling
NNID
DiamondDustBunny
Not that I do this after finishing off a player, but you have to admit that no other shooter plays this fun of a sound while "crouching" repeatedly.

Also, doing it behind the safety of your Splash Wall can be good for baiting annoying E-Liters into doing something stupid. =P
Yeah, I used to do it because it looked funny, then I found out what it actually was.
Bloop bloop bloop bloop bloop!

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, I see a lot of that too. The thing is that even when they focus on battling and splatting opponents, they are usually STILL not that good, and I see records at the end of 1-5 or 0-6 most often. They get splatted, wind up back at the spawn point, head back to where they were before and get splatted again. And again. And again.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
Losing points in ranked because everybody else in your and enemy team is japanese.
"unstable connection"
"unstable connection"
"connection has been lost"
Luckily salt keeps ghosts away.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sick of getting my butt handed to me by skilled Japanese players.

I'm sick of snipers.

I'm sick of Inkstrikes.

And I'm definitely sick of disconnecting all the time.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
What I"m sick of right this moment, is that special point during a Rainmaker match in the Warehouse, where, after I MURDERED THE ENEMY TEAM 3 TIMES OVER and defended the hell outta the players that were carrying the Rainmaker (me using the Splatling the entire time), we get up close with it (after the enemy team had gotten close to ours waaaaayyyyyy earlier in the match), it's JUST a tiny bit away from the goal point after a pretty epic battle between both teams, I'm dropping splash walls in front and still popping an enemy squid or two, teammates having been supportive as heck the entire match and doing their own form of stopping the enemy team, and the player with the Rainmaker.... STOPS. Just.... stops. And fires a few potshots at the enemy base (right through the Splash Wall and where teammates were also holding the area... AKA, where no threats were coming from, particularly as 2 of the opposing team were KO'ed a couple of seconds before that) and then time runs out.

And we lose by ONE POINT. ONE.

I just... I cant.... It is.... what. Argh.

As a rule, I'm best at a defensive role in this mode, particularly wielding the Splatling as I do, but this is one of those times where I rather wish I'd zoomed in and grabbed the blasted thing myself that final time. I've a feeling that the others might have had that same thought.

At least it was an excellent match overall, very heated, very exciting, but still, that just.... arrrrrrrgh.

So yeah. I'm tired of stuff like THAT happening. We all know it does, sometimes.... ugh. I know it's just part of the game sometimes, but still.... bah. I need a break.

On the plus side, I'm gaining even more respect for the mighty Splash Wall as I continue to use it more and more. I look forward to a Heavy (or Hydra) Splatling that DOESNT have the Ink Strike, but I'll miss that crazy wall thing. It's effective AND fun.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm B+ rank. I'm sick of getting put in A lobbies. I'm not that good yet.

Last edited:

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
I'm sick of people who think "protect the rainmaker carrier" and "ink a path way ahead of the rainmaker carrier" are the same thing.

Yes, a good ink path can win a game or at least take the lead, but that doesn't matter if you leave the carrier by themselves and they die because of it.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'm sick of people who think "protect the rainmaker carrier" and "ink a path way ahead of the rainmaker carrier" are the same thing.

Yes, a good ink path can win a game or at least take the lead, but that doesn't matter if you leave the carrier by themselves and they die because of it.
Agreed. This one rather drives me crazy when it happens.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I'm sick of being in turf war on hammerhead bridge and some freaking idiot on my team does the "railing glitch" and goes below the stage... He got 0 points BUT I ASSURE YOU HE DIDN'T DISCONNECT!
This may happen again... OH WAIT IT'S HAPPENED TO ME TWICE ****!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom