1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Infestation in Inkopolis! Character Sheets

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by HighColorSunset, Apr 11, 2019.

1. HighColorSunset

HighColorSunset Full Squid

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    Okay, so here we go. I'm gonna let this be up to you, but here's the bare minimum:

Name
    Personality and/or bio
    Gear and weapons they use would also be helpful.
    You can also list quirks, abilities, favorite stuff, and talents if you want! Religious and ideological beliefs are also allowed.
    Try not to make an OP or Mary Sue character.
    You can use whatever species you want as long as it keeps to the whole underwater aesthetic. Or there's a reason for it being there. Or it's a bird. (Yes, semi-aquatic animals like frogs and platypi (Agent P of the Squidbeak Splatoon :p) are allowed.)
    Quotes are allowed.

So based on that, this is sort of a "make-your-own-bio" one because I can't figure out a system. :p

Cephalobro and Yin_ like this.
  2. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Names: Coral and Kelp

Genders: Male (Coral), Female (Kelp)

Species: Octolings

Ages: 14 (Coral), 15 (Kelp)

Ink colors: Yellow (Coral), Pink (Kelp), Blue (When they share teams)

Eye colors: Green (Coral), Purple (Kelp)

Appearances: Coral wears a White Anchor Tee and sports leggings, basically like the original Splatoon 1 shorts for boys, but the new variant introduced in Splatoon 2, the pair of shoes that he wears is the Zombie Hi-Horses, he uses an Octo Shot. Kelp wears a Black Anchor Tee and the Splatoon 1 shorts for girls, the pair of shoes that she wears is the Golden Hi-Horses, she uses the Carbon Roller. Coral has two of his tentacles tied up in a top knot similar to the Splatoon 1 Inkling Boy's hairstyle while Kelp's tentacles are free-flowing and long enough to get past her shoulders.

Personalities: Coral is actually a very shy Octoling, when he tries to talk to someone who has never been underground and thinks he messed up, he usually makes an adorable "eep" sound without trying, often making Kelp go "daw" or "aw" because she thinks that's what makes him cute. Kelp is a very kind Octoling who is often by Coral's side, even mothering him even though the two are dating.

Despite not looking like it, Coral is secretly a video-game nerd, even knowing some obscure item duplicating glitch on his favorite RTS (Real Time Strategy game). Kelp is trying to be more involved in Coral's personal life, so she tries playing video-games, but she is not good at them yet.

((While I'm going to use my other characters in this as well, they are not going to be so extensively used like in The Escape from Octo Valley RP. Also, that RP is still far from done, so I would encourage the idea of being part of multiple RPs at the same time for everyone to be happy.))

#2 Cephalobro, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Yin_ likes this.
  3. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Well I’m gonna take a shot in the dark with this character \_.w._/

Name: Vin

Species:Inkling

Appearance: https://ibb.co/hmkr3b

History: Vin is a odd fellow. He grew up as to play turf wars with the rest, but he often tended to do it in his own way. He was headphones on (under his hat) and listen to music during the battle. Then, he would splat and ink to the music using a brella. He often started singing and dance fighting. Often he can be see walking around on the street just singing like there's no tomorrow. Often he gets himself in predicaments because of this though.

Weapon: Sorella Brella but when held out it will show a equalizer of whatever the song he is listening to.

Uh. Anything else?

Cephalobro likes this.
  4. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    OoC: Nah, you're good.

Yin_ likes this.
  5. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Yay! I thought of something W A C K and this is what came into my mind first.

6. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    Name: Lana Pond
    Species: Octoling
    Personality: Shy, reserved, and sensitive as she is, Lana is caring and polite, as well as optimistic and faithful. She doesn't know much about surface life, and learned Inkling mostly from books. Her Inkling is awkward and broken, so it's not hard to see that she isn't from here. She also has many interests, including fashion, music, literature and video games. Because of her training as an Octoling soldier, she is quite good at battling but tends to focus more on eliminations than inking turf. She is a Brella main, but also likes using the Dualias and Octobrush.
    Appearance: Lana is petite and somewhat curvy, with a round, rosy face, light skin, and amber eyes. Her normal ink color is dark magenta, and her tentacles are usually worn in a bun on the right side (left from a 3rd person perspeepctive), the right tentacle in front being longer, wavier, and thicker than the left one. She often wears glasses even though she doesn't need them, and likes wearing sweaters, LS's and sweatshirts. Sometimes she'll also wear a beanie. She often carries the Sorella Brella.
    Bio: Lana fell asleep on the beach one day, only to wake up to her brother Noah gone and a cold, hard floor. When she finally found him, he was brainwashed and kidnapped; she had to put up a good fight in order to save him. When she finally did, the two of them braved struggles and found the surface together.

Yin_ likes this.
  7. HighColorSunset

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    Name: Noah Pond
    Species: Octoling
    Personality: Shy and awkward, a bit fearful, but a gentleman nonetheless. Sarcastic tendencies. Is all about respecting women. Knows a bit more about the surface from his conversations with friends, but is curious to know more. His more knowledgeable friends taught him some Inkling, so his skills, though still a bit awkward, are somewhat better than Lana's. He's into video games, but not as into fashion or art as his sister; he is a bit of a sci-fi and suprhero-movie nerd though. He is a Shooter main who also likes using Blasters and Sloshers.
    Appearance: Noah is short and slim, with light skin, though not as rosy as his sisters' and a bit less pale. His ink color is maroon, and his tentacles are in three parts in the front, with the fourth filling the space in the back. He usually wears layered shirts, baseball shirts, and regular LS's, and prefers pants to shorts; he also prefers regular sneakers and hi-tops to hi-horses (which are way too big for his taste), and usually wears beanies or headphones.
    Bio: Noah was asleep somewhere calm one day when he lost all control of himself; when he "woke up," he was bandaged and his sister was crying. He suddenly remembered what had happened; he had been brainwashed and forced to attack his sister by...someone. He and Lana eventually managed to leave the facility they were in and escape, though it took a long time to get to Inkopolis.

Yin_ likes this.
  8. Cephalopod Protagonist

Ooo, I’ve never done anything like this before, I might try it out! Maybe just make me a minor character because of my schedule I might forget that this site... exists? (Sorry!)

Anyways,
    (I had a kind-of wacky idea so bare with me)

My character:
    Collin
    Ink Color is usually a blue-green color. (More Blue than green.)
    Race: Inkling(?) (at least everyone thinks he is, including himself)

Clothes:
    Likes wearing Long-sleeves or sweatshirts (when it’s cold) tries to look semi-formal when appropriate, sometimes has a visor for headwear, or just no headwear. Shoes: black ones with white laces, basically the red-hi tops but black, I have them in-game but forgot what they’re called!

Backstory:
    Collin has a hazy memory of his childhood, he remembers a bit of living with the octolings (doesn’t know they were octos) when he was really little, but mostly remembers his childhood as a regular life in Inkopolis. His squid form looks like a cross between inkling and octoling, but mostly octo. His hair is basically a mix of the new default inkling and default octoling haircuts, but both have the same suction cup things(?)
    He used to live in Inkopolis Plaza, more on that later...

Age: 15, almost 16, birthday very soon, but wants to hide it as he doesn’t like to make other’s worry about him too much.

Mains: Hero Roller (maybe regular roller if no connection to the new Squidbeak Splatoon) Likes using rollers, shooters, but willing to try new things and adjust to help team composition.

Just moved to Inkopolis Square, so I guess everyone will have to figure out how they act, including myself! Probably busy, and a little lonely and shy from just moving. Collin tried his best to be responsible but doesn’t like being a stick-in-the-mud.

Relatives(?)- moves to Inkopolis square because Aunt recommended a place to Collin, knowing Inkopolis Plaza wasn’t “fresh” anymore. Busy mother who works abroad, knows dad is somewhere (maybe underground, *hint* *hint*), didn’t leave his family by choice.

Okay hopefully I didn’t break anything but this sounds fun! I tried tailoring my character to be more interesting to the plot, if it sounded a bit too specific... also I’m not very good at making a creative character (too indecisive!) so if I forgot anything just point it out!

#8 Cephalopod Protagonist, Apr 21, 2019 at 9:56 PM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:32 PM