1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by HighColorSunset, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Coral goes to put his arm over Kelp's shoulder, he says "Don't worry Kelp, we will win against the Salmonids, and I'll be sure to protect you from them as well."

Yin_ likes this.
  2. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Vin walks out in his gear but still wearing his headphones. He swings his brella over his shoulder and walks to the group. “I assume everyone is ready?” He asks them.

3. Cephalobro

Coral says "I'm ready!" while picking up the Jet Squelcher. Kelp nervously says "Yes..." while getting the Splat Roller.

Cephalopod Protagonist and Yin_ like this.
  4. Cephalopod Protagonist

(So are there two separate shifts going on or are we doing some kind of mega salmon run? That actually sounds super fun, but I don’t mind either way, I just don’t want to exclude anyone?)

Cole walks over to everyone else, after picking up a Blaster. “I’m ready if you are,” he says. Cole wondered what kind of packaged special everyone had... The hazard level looked pretty high, but nothing they couldn’t handle.

Yin_ and Cephalobro like this.
  5. Cephalobro

(I'm not sure, but I think that a mega Salmon Run would be cool.)

Kelp is shaking from fear of the Salmonids, she heard many stories about Salmonids being literal monsters.

#65 Cephalobro, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Yin_ and Cephalopod Protagonist like this.
  6. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    (Sure, a mega salmon run would be cool!)

7. Cephalobro

(Heads up, I'm not going to be available for most of the afternoon today due to a family vacation.)

Yin_ likes this.
  8. Cephalobro

(I'm back from vacation, now I have a lot more time to RP!)

9. Cephalopod Protagonist

(Yikes sorry to overlap schedules, but I’m going camping next week and won’t be able to post for a week! You can do stuff without me though, I don’t mind. I guess I’ll try to get the story going again to make up for it?)

Cole walked over to everyone else. After waiting for a bit, a light siren flared to life, signaling the employees the Grizzco boat was docked. After some rude remarks from Mr. Grizz, Cole was feeling ready to fight some Salmonoids. He started following the neon arrows pointing towards a narrow hallway, presumably leading to the docks. Cole wasn’t sure if anyone minded if he went ahead. He wondered what area the boat would drop everyone off at... Cole wished he looked closer at the shift description.

10. Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp followed Cole to the boat, hoping to leave Inkopolis for the shift before telling him the truth about them being Octolings. Kelp was scared about him knowing it as she's afraid what he might do to her while Coral is more worried that everything that he and his species fought for would be washed away in mere minutes. This is especially tricky since Coral has an Octotrooper brother and Kelp has an Octobomber sister and those are not the only tentacled Octarians who came with them, many, many more also came with them as well.

11. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    (I have returned :D)

Vin walks to the boat while pulling out his phone to select a new playlist. He puts it back in a pocket on his umbrella, making sure it connects to it. His brella begins to pump up his music as it flows through the headphones. “A’right let’s do this!” He shouts, pumping his fist into the air.

12. Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp sit next to each other, waiting for the moment in which they can tell the truth about themselves without repercussions.

Cephalopod Protagonist and Yin_ like this.
  13. Cephalopod Protagonist

(I’m back too!)

14. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    (Well now that you’re back, let’s get this started!)

15. Cephalobro

(I guess I should double-post to get this going again.)

The boat has finally departed to go to a location in which Salmonids would appear in, now that contact with Inkopolis is basically out of the question, Coral finds a little bit of courage to tell the truth about himself and Kelp.

Coral starts talking in a nervous tone, "So, um, Cole..." he began, "I don't know how to say this without being to the point directly, but Kelp and I are Octolings."

Yin_ likes this.
  16. Cephalopod Protagonist

“...What?” Cole said, confused. “Weren’t the Octolings our enemy in the Great Turf War? I remember something about it from history class... Didn’t they go extinct?”
    “Wait, you’re the enemy! Is this some kind of ambush!?” Cole said without thinking. But... Weren’t the Octolings supposed to be more... savage than this?

17. Cephalobro

Coral explained, "A terrible leader hypnotizes us to force us to fight against our own will, but my group and many others who joined revolted against him to escape his clutches. We aren't savages by nature, it's the hypnotism that forces us to become savages. We just wanted to live in Inkopolis, away from the danger of hypnotism and just be able to live without worrying about whether the sky is going to fall on us or not."

#77 Cephalobro, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  18. Cephalopod Protagonist

Cole felt relieved. “That’s... good to hear! I feel bad for doubting the Octolings... Wait, how many of you are there? Are there more trying to escape? Is there a way to help them!?”

19. Cephalobro

Kelp stated, "Everyone of them escaped thanks to the combined efforts of the group. We now settled down into an abandoned part of Inkopolis.", Coral then continued the explanation for Kelp, "Our tentacle brethren are hard at work building inside the walls of our neighborhood as we speak in order to make it habitable."

20. Cephalopod Protagonist

“Tentacle?... Oh right, octarians.” The Grizzco boat has almost reached the super-jump point. “Um... I’m glad all the Octolings are okay. If I’m need for something like that, I’d definitely help out. Anyways, I think the shift is about to start... Any last thoughts anyone?”