Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

Coral takes this time to stay in the ink to both refill his tank and to recover from the bomb faster. After leaving the ink, he turns humanoid to go after the Steelhead again. This time, he waits until the Steelhead prepares another bomb. Once it does, Coral wastes no time firing at the saliva bag that steadily turns green as it swells.

Coral: There! Shoot the green thing on the head!

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn sees a bunch of other people already busy splatting salmonids and grabbing their Power Eggs (which Mr. Grizz had briefly but frantically explained to her about as she’d boarded the boat). She hesitates, unsure if they wanted her help or if her assistance would be unwelcome.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage tries to snipe the Steelhead's trash bag, just barely hitting it and therefore splatting the Steelhead itself. Mirage shifts to his squid forme, swims up to where the Steelhead was, and gets a Golden Egg, swimming to the egg basket and placing the Golden Egg in.

Cephalobro

Coral grabs another Golden Egg, then shifts into his octopus form to deposit the Golden Egg into the basket. Kelp meanwhile, goes to help the group clear the large crowd of Salmonids closing in on them.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
(Janitor Steve 😂 lmaoooooooo)
Evelynn realizes no one is going to notice her and decides to take matters into her own hands. She recognizes a good catch when she sees one, though, and as soon as she spots a Goldie pop out of the water, completely unnoticed by anyone else (like her), her instincts scream at her to splat it. She lithely sneaks up on it and, doing what she’s seen the octopus- and squid-people do, batters it from behind with her inkbrush, catching it off-guard as it had been heading towards the larger group and hadn’t noticed her either (poor Evelynn TwT).
Evelynn dashes to pick up a power egg and speedily turns it into the Egg Basket, then dives back into the ink to retrieve the rest, only taking about 52 seconds to get them all into the basket since she had NO help whatsoever.
Evelynn is now starting to get a feel for how Salmon Run shifts work and is laser-focused. A Cohock tries to push her into the water but despite being 1/4 of its size and weight she barely budges, although she does wobble slightly with a grunt. The salmonids, after that, start to take more notice of her and try to surround her but she weaves between and around them, so they are the ones trapped in a corner, at the mercy of her wimpy inkbrush, animalistic instincts, and brute strength and cunning.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn briefly catches Coral’s eye before spotting a Boss Salmonid- a Steel Eel- behind him and yelping, “look out!” She swims behind him, takes the damage for him giving him just enough time to get away since he was the one the Salmonid was going for. Then while the Steel Eel tries to reorient itself she splats it from the driver behind, bearing down on it with her wimpy little inkbrush. (Sorry, it’s just that I had to use Inkbrush in Salmon Run one time and hated it. As I’ve said before, I’m most comfortable with any weapon that has a trigger and can continuously fire while holding [ZR], including Rollers.)
Evelynn catches one of the eggs as they fall, turning to glide past Coral, briefly unintentionally revealing an old hidden scar on her cheek before darting off to the Egg Basket.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral sees the Steel Eel and gets to a higher ledge to avoid it, then opens fire at the driver by letting the ink fall on it.

Coral: Thanks!

Kelp also notices the new member who just joined the group helping Coral out, then sees a group of Cohocks beginning to surround her. She promptly swims over to her and begins rolling the Dynamo Roller to crush all the Salmonids going after her, intending to do the same with the Cohocks.

Kelp: Thanks for helping my boyfriend back there, I don't usually use a Dynamo Roller, I'm more of a Carbon Roller kind of girl.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn smiles shyly since she’s a Dynamo Roller gal herself, quickly playing with her hair to make sure the scar is hidden.
“N-no problem,” she whispers because her voice decided not to work right just then. She keeps her eyes fixed on the ground, as she’s trained to do when someone is talking to her. “I-I guess Salmon Run helps us get more familiar with d-different kinds of w-weapons.”

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn now is equipped with the dynamo roller for wave 2, and has a Boss Battle-esque look on her face in which she’s the boss. She narrows her eyes and flexes her surprising muscles, preparing to help kick some fishtails.
Now that’s what I’m talking about, she thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom