• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Nice to meet you, Clam. I'm Blaze," the Inkling writes, showing the paper to Clam. "That Octoling is your brother, right? I can help you find him if you want. Where did you last see him?" Blaze writes.

Cephalobro

"Let's see... he was going on a secret mission, last I heard, something about going underground." Clam tries to remember what General Anemone said.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Going underground? Let's see..." Blaze writes. "May I go with you to find him?" he writes. He doesn't know where Clam's brother is, though...

Cephalobro

"You can come with me, just be sure to have the means to defend yourself, and don't worry about me, I have trained in the arts of melee combat to defend myself." Clam says, "You never know if something or someone dangerous may come to get us. Do you know the closest place that's underground? We can start our search there."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Got it!" Blaze writes, as he brought a Splattershot from home. "I don't know of any underground areas here in Inkopolis, but we can look over there," he writes, motioning his bad arm towards the Deepsea Metro. "Let's go!" he writes, getting out his Splattershot. He holds it in his only hand, heading down into the Deepsea Metro, silently beckoning Clam to follow. He also brings the paper with him.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Clam follows Blaze to the Deepsea Metro.

"Geez Coral, what kind of trouble have you got yourself into this time?" Clam thinks to himself.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
In the Deepsea Metro, some Inklings and Octolings (not any of our main characters, though...) stumble across Blaze and Clam. They seem to be lost and confused as to where they are.

(More new characters! YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE!)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(I think you meant Clam, as he's the one with Blaze.)

"More lost people? Maybe we can help them get out of here." Clam says to Blaze.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"We're not sure. Do you think you can help us get out?" Luke asks. Suddenly, hordes of Sanitized Octarians arrive, surprising the group. They appear to not have a leader, yet they're still doing this for reasons unknown. They could have a new leader in the shadows. "Woah. Who are these guys?" Volt asks. Mac also seems to falter, though he soon goes straight to splatting them, having a crazed look in his eyes. "I haven't felt a rush like this in years!" he says to himself, swinging his Splat Roller. "Alright. Time to see if this hits," Volt says to himself. He charges up his Splat Charger and aims at the Sanitized Octarians. He fires, but he ends up missing, having not charged up enough. He charges up and fires again, but he still misses. He fires again. Still a miss. "Volt Tackle!" he exclaims. He uses Volt Tackle... though he misses that, too. After several misses, he just... gives up, losing hope that he'll ever land a hit. Blaze readies his Splattershot, shooting at some Sanitized Octocopters. Unfortunately, some Sanitized Octocommanders open fire on the group, and some Sanitized Octosnipers snipe Mac. Neptune charges up his Classic Squiffer, firing at some of the Sanitized Octosnipers. Sammy squeaks at Clam in worry, scared.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"These are Sanitized Octarians! Be really careful so you don't get Sanitized yourself!" Clam exclaims as he grabs a Sanitized Octocopter and slams it to the ground.

After taking needed cover, he explains "These Octarians are not a different type, they actually lost all sense of free will, that's what Sanitization does to you."

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Well, I'm glad we aren't Sanitized, then," says Neptune. The silver Inkling fires at some more Sanitized Octosnipers. Mac keeps splatting the Sanitized Octarians, liking the adrenaline rush. Sammy chooses to stay behind, while Neptune and Blaze fire at some more Sanitized Octocopters. Volt attempts another Charger shot after seeing everyone splatting the Sanitized Octarians. He fires... though he still misses. "I can't hit! VOLT TACKLE!" Volt exclaims, using Volt Tackle. ...still a miss. He has bad aim, apparently. "Darn it!" he says. Neptune and Mac help pick up the slack, splatting more Sanitized Octarians, including some Sanitized Octolings. The Sanitized Octolings fire back, intending on splatting and Sanitizing everyone.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Clam jumps out and grabs hold of a Sanitized Octoling, intending to keep her grappled enough for her to be tired of struggling.

"Oh no, you're not going to splat or Sanitize anyone!" Clam tells the Sanitized Octoling.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The Sanitized Octoling struggles to escape Clam's grip, though she does soon tire, giving Neptune the perfect opportunity to splat her. Mac continues swinging his Splat Roller, splatting a few more Sanitized Octarians. "...anyone got any meat?" the silver Inkling asks. He's tired, as he's running low on energy. "Now's not the time, Neptune!" Volt complains.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Clam moves on to pummeling some of the other Sanitized Octarians, starting with a Sanitized Octocommander, Sanitized Octosniper, and even a Sanitized Twintacle Octotrooper. "I hope Coral isn't dealing with these guys right now." Clam thinks to himself.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Is it okay if we cut to our main characters for a few key moments like this?)

Wish, Mirage, and Sven worry about Evelynn and Sean, afraid that they've been splatted... permanently. They don't have time to worry, though, as Sanitized Octocommanders, Sanitized Octosnipers, and Sanitized Octolings strike, surrounding them. "Alright, we've got to defeat these guys!" says Mirage. Wish uses Dark Pulse, and Mirage simply swings his Splat Roller onto the Sanitized Octosnipers, attempting to splat them.

Cephalobro

(Yes)

"Carp, this is the worst possible time for these guys to appear!" Coral exclaims as he starts shooting at the Sanitized Octarians.

"Who is behind their appearance anyway?!" Kelp says as she brings out her Carbon Roller to swing at the Sanitized Octarians.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Some of the Sanitized Octolings target Wish, seemingly upset with him for 'betraying them'. The rest of the Sanitized Octolings take aim at Coral and Kelp, and the Sanitized Octocommanders and Sanitized Octosnipers take aim at Mirage, vastly outnumbering him. He manages to splat some, but the others open fire. "Guess I've got no choice but to use this..." Mirage says, realizing that he's got no other options. "Aura Sphere!" he exclaims, targeting the Sanitized Octolings. The Aura Sphere forms, as the light is bright for now. A short roaring sound effect plays as he uses the move, swapping to the second, slightly longer sound when he fires the next Aura Sphere. He fires one after the other, with the sounds getting lower and lower in pitch every time. The light also gradually gets dimmer and dimmer every time, and the Sanitized Octolings dodge all the Aura Spheres, with the light getting to be the dimmest it's ever been. When the sounds can be heard no more and the light fully dims, Mirage soon faints due to firing all those Aura Spheres back-to-back. The Sanitized Octolings grin, seemingly glad that Mirage has fainted.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp get hit a few times but manage to escape being splatted, after recovering in their own ink puddles, they start splatting the Sanitized Octolings.

"I really hope Clam isn't here because of my absence at home." Coral thinks to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom