• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mac continues splatting the Sanitized Octarians, as do Neptune and Blaze. They've managed to splat a lot, leaving only a few left. It's only when Mac sees the weakening Aura Sphere that he goes to help Mirage, the crazed look in his eyes disappearing. "I'm going to go see if Mirage's okay," Mac tells Clam, running towards where he saw the Aura Sphere. Neptune and Blaze continue splatting the Sanitized Octarians. Volt tries to help, but... he ends up missing his shots. "Why do I keep missing?" he asks himself, upset.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Clam notices Coral and Kelp fighting the Sanitized Octarians as well.

"Oh great, those two just had to get themselves into trouble." Clam says as he rushes over to Coral and Kelp.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The group follow Clam and Mac to where Mirage and the Octolings are. Mirage is unconscious before Mac finds him, having fainted due to firing all those Aura Spheres back to back. "Mirage? MIRAGE!? MIRAGE, SPEAK TO ME!" Mac says, worried upon seeing the unconscious Inkling. He doesn't respond, however. The crazed look in his eyes returns, and he faces the Sanitized Octarians. He brings his Splat Roller down on them, splatting some of them. He splats some more with a few Curling Bombs, and Neptune splats the rest. "Okay. That should be all of them," says Neptune. No more Sanitized Octarians approach, so he may be right.

Cephalobro

"What the heck were you doing here?!" Clam yells at Coral and Kelp.

"We needed to help someone out!" Coral yells back.

"Please don't fight..." Kelp tries to quell the fight between the brothers.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope takes control, and Sammy helps her separate the brothers so they don't fight. The little Octoling doesn't understand why they're fighting, but he's wanting to make sure they don't end up accidentally hurting each other. The crazed look in Mac's eyes disappears, replaced with a worried one. "Are you guys doing okay?" he asks.

Cephalobro

"Okay, why didn't you tell me you went somewhere underground? I was worried sick!" Clam tells Coral.

"That's because we had to help a friend." Coral responds, "I didn't know we were going to be ambushed by the Sanitized Octarians!"

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"コーラ、手遅れです。戻る?" [Cora, we too late. Go back?] Hope asks, remembering to flick the switch to have the voice box translate in Octarian. Mac carries Mirage, as the unconscious Inkling needs some rest. Mac, Neptune, Volt, and Sven head to Inkopolis Square, and Blaze, Sammy, and Luke follow them.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Honestly, there's not much we could do, so I guess we should go back." Coral tells Hope, "And by the way Clam, you didn't need to be so upset with me, I was just helping." Coral then explains to Clam.

"Then I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, it's just that... you're the only biological family I have left." Clam responds to Coral.

"I know you want to protect him, but he has actually proven to be capable of defending himself even better than I thought. However, he still needs you just as much as you need him." Kelp explains to Clam.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"We'll help, too," Neptune says. Blaze readies his Splattershot, a determined expression on his face. He's silently agreeing. "You know I'll help! It's been a long time since I've felt a rush like that!" Mac says. "I'll try," says Volt.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Then count me in on helping, I will not let Coral become Sanitized because of an unforeseen attack." Clam decides.

"That's fine with me, now let's go help our otter friend Evelynn before anything else happens." Coral responds.

"Otter friend?" Clam asks in confusion

"Yes, we made friends with an Otterling." Kelp answers.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(How would saving Evelynn work now? Like I said, Octave might not be returning any time soon, so... how?)

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Maybe. Let's try it.)

The three Octocopters bring all the cash they can from the fund box to General Anemone's office. Soon though, they try to inform the General upon realizing that Coral, Kelp, Clam, and Hope aren't back yet.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"If they don't come back anytime soon, then organize a search party to find them. Make sure to supply them with weapons just in case they get attacked." General Anemone orders the Octocopters. "And remember to equip them with hidden cameras so I can make sure everything goes right."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The Octocopters salute as best they can. They immediately get to work, going to give some Octolings various weapons like Octo Shots and modded Hero weapons (iirc, the enemy Octolings use modified versions of the Hero Roller, Hero Slosher, and Hero Brella)!

Cephalobro

(Also, unlike the in-game Octolings, this troop has a mix of males and females.)

"Okay Octoling unit, there are four individuals that you are going to be looking for: Coral, Kelp, Clam, and Hope. Bring them safely and remember, the underground can be a dangerous place."

General Anemone then turns to face the Tentacle Troop (Octarian units that are not Octolings), "You are to protect these Octolings if anything goes wrong, you never know when there's a potential enemy looking to octonapp them, so watch them and each other's back!"

General Anemone raised his middle-right tentacle, "Now go forth to ensure no one gets taken away!" he orders.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Yes, sir!" the Octoling unit salutes, preparing their weapons and marching down to the Deepsea Metro. The Tentacle Troop obeys orders, also marching down. They are on guard, prepping their weapons with the intent to splat any and all enemies. When they get inside the Metro, they come face to face with some Sanitized Octolings. The Tentacle Troop opens fire, as does the Octoling unit, but the Sanitized Octolings aren't going down without a fight. They fire, but General Anemone's troops overpower the Sanitized Octolings. They are splatted, and the troops march further in, only stopping upon noticing some Inklings with some Octolings. The Octoling unit readies their weapons, though they soon notice the four individuals that General Anemone mentioned. "All of you, get to the neighborhood. General Anemone has entrusted us to get you there safely," the Octoling unit orders. Hope, Blaze, Mac, Neptune, Volt, Sammy, and Luke all obey, as they head back up to Inkopolis, with Hope bringing Sammy, Luke, and the Inklings to the neighborhood to show General Anemone the new visitors.

Cephalobro

"Welcome to the Octarian neighborhood!" General Anemone welcomes the new group, "While you four will come with me." General Anemone says to Coral, Kelp, Clam, and Hope.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"はい、アネモネ様!" [Yes, Anemone-sama!] Hope says as she walks towards the General. She turns towards Coral, Kelp, and Clam, beckoning them to move.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral, Kelp, and Clam follow. The group of four with Anemone eventually arrives at his office.

"I will make this quick by telling you that going to the Deep Sea Metro without permission, clearance, or orders is strictly forbidden starting today." General Anemone creates the rule.

"Why do you now create that rule, uncle?" Kelp asks.

"That's because those who go into the Deep Sea Metro wind up missing or worse, becoming Sanitized." General Anemone answers. "I would really hate to see Octarians going missing or being Sanitized."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom