• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

"So how are we going to get her to cooperate?" Coral says a follow-up question.

Meanwhile, Kelp is observing Shadow Hope.

"You're going to be visited by the real Hope." Kelp tells the impostor.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Shadow Hope is still trying to break out, enraged by the thought. "ボトル、ジャー、またはカップを密封します。そして、望むは影もで補う," [Seal bottle, jar, or cup. Then, Hope make up with shadow,] says Hope. Seems simple enough.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Are you sure you will be alright in there?" Coral asks Hope.

Meanwhile, Kelp sees Coral and Hope arriving.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope will be okay. She's going to talk it out, and everything will be fine. ......hopefully.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Alright, if you say so." Coral sees what Hope is trying to do.

"Let her in." Kelp tells the guard.

This is when the Octohurler guard opened the cell to let Hope enter.

"Now remember, don't let her take over you, alright?" Coral tells Hope.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope nods, remembering the plan. First, something to hold it. "コーラ!ケルパ!何か見えますか?" [Cora! Kelpa! See anything?] she asks.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"There!" Coral points out a spot where a machine grabs hold of prisoners long enough for discussions to take place.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope nods once again. She leads her shadow over to the machine, where it grabs the shadow, forcing it to listen to Hope. It doesn't want to, as it struggles to escape, but to no avail. "影も、なぜ怒っているの?なぜ消去するのですか?意味が無い。理由はありません。どうして?" [Shadow, why mad? Why erase? No point. No reason. Why?] she asks it calmly. "望むしてうまくいかないことを願っています。消去する場合は、もっとうまくやってくださいね?" [Hope worried won't do well. If erase, do better, right?] asks her shadow. It seems his humanity is coming back. "いいえ、影も。消去してもうまくいきません," [No, shadow. No do better if erase,] Hope replies.

(Yes, you saw that right. No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. I've decided that Hope's shadow was just a male Octoling that got sanitized. Once AGAIN, I greatly apologize for what I have done...)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Sounds like they are starting to reach an agreement." Coral tells Kelp.

"That's good, I don't know if this neighborhood can take an early attack yet." Kelp responds.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"一緒?" [Together?] asks Hope. "...終わりまで," [...until end,] replies her purified shadow. They've talked it out, and everything's fine.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I think it's safe to let both leave." Coral says.

The Octohurler guard unlocks the prison as the machine lets go of Hope's shadow.

"This was the most complicated day we had on the surface yet." Kelp points out.

"Yeah, we had to put on disguises to prevent anyone potentially dangerous from tracking us back to where we live." Coral agrees.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope and her purified shadow leave the prison. They want to do some more Turf Wars, but their weapon is broken. They don't know what to do. They walk to the entrance of the Deepsea Metro, pick up the busted Splattershot Jr., then walk back and hand the weapon to the Octarians. It's broken in half, so they both carried half of the Splattershot Jr.

(If I use they/them pronouns when referring to Hope and her purified shadow, I'm referring to the both of them)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp go back to the changing rooms while the Splattershot Jr. is being fixed.

"Time to be our actual selves again." Coral tells Kelp.

They take turns changing back to their casual clothes, the same clothes they come into Turf War with.

"Let's not forget about our tentacles." Kelp reminds Coral.

They now take turns using the machine to get their original hairstyles back, again with no cutting happening at all.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope and her purified shadow (guess I should give him a name now. Any ideas?) look upset that they can't do anymore Turf Wars yet. They want to get a new weapon, but they aren't sure how Sheldon is going to take that one of his weapons broke.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp finally make their way to Inkopolis Square again where they sit down at a table to try to take a break from what they have been through.

(I think Wish could be a good name.)

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Maybe that could work. Thanks.)

Hope and Wish sit at another table while they wait for their weapon to be fixed.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp talk about what they might want to do once the neighborhood is able to stand on its own.

"So, once everything is done at the neighborhood. What do you want to do?" Coral asks Kelp.

"I want to go on a romantic cruise with you. The ocean might be scary, but the view is beautiful." Kelp answers Coral's question.

"Just the two of us, right?" Coral asks a follow-up question.

"I would prefer it that way, your brother and my sister can be overprotective sometimes." Kelp points out.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Coral agrees.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope and Wish aren't sure what they want to do after the neighborhood is done. Maybe do some more Turf Wars, maybe train for any Splatfests, who knows?

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"願い!はじめまして," Wish! Nice meet you,] says Wish, introducing himself. He shakes Coral's and Kelp's hands to try and show that now, he means no harm. "前に申し訳ありません..." [Sorry before...] he says, a tone of genuine guilt in his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom