• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Sven, Mac, and Volt wait outside the medical bay, worried about Mirage. Mac and Sven are his friends, and they (or, at least Sven) would feel terrible if something happened to him.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp go to check on Mirage.

"So, how is his condition?" Coral asks.

"He spent too much of his energy, was there perhaps a battle where he got too tired?" the Twintacle Octotrooper doctor asks.

"Actually, yes. We fought against the Sanitized Octarians, and a search party saved us. He used too much of his power." Coral answers.

"Ahh, in that case, all he needs is a good rest." the doctor replied. "It may take a day or two, but we will ensure that he gets the good rest."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mac is relieved. "Thank gosh," he says. Sven quacks, relieved that her friend is going to be okay. Volt and Neptune are also relieved. Rudie quacks happily. He doesn't know who Mirage is, but the little duck is glad the Inkling is going to be okay.

Cephalobro

"While he rests how about we do something fun?" Coral suggests.

"Like what?" Kelp asks.

"If it's that Salmon Run thing you Octolings talk about, I can't go." Clam tells Coral.

"Why? Is it beca- oh, right, you can't be revived after being splatted." Coral starts asking, but then realizes.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"I'm in!" Mac says, offering to go. Hope also offers to go. Rudie hops down from Neptune's hand, landing on the ground with a quack. Blaze, Volt, and Sammy wave hello, with Rudie quacking happily at Sven and Luke, excited to meet some fellow ducks. Hope and Mac walk over to Grizzco, ready to do a shift.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope and Mac soon arrive at Grizzco, ready to work. They change into the uniform, placing some Worker's Caps on their heads and tying two bagged specials to the sides. They also remember the lifesaver ink tanks, tying some to their backs. Hope looks at a screen displaying the stage. It seems like this shift takes place on Salmonid Smokeyard. The weapons include the Range Blaster, the Ballpoint Splatling, the Splattershot Pro, and the Dualie Squelchers. Hope takes the Dualie Squelchers, while Mac takes the Splattershot Pro.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp change into their Grizzco uniforms, get the necessities, and pick their weapons. Coral gets the Ballpoint Splatling while Kelp gets the Range Blaster.

When the group was just about to leave, Clam comes running in.

"What are you doing Clam?" Coral asks, confusingly.

"I may not be able to fight Salmonids, but I want to come so I can observe you." Clam answers.

"Clam, this is not an ordinary kind-of battle, Salmonids are unpredictable." Kelp responds.

"Again, I'm only coming to the boat to observe the battle." Clam repeats.

"Alright, just don't freak out if Kelp and I get splatted." Coral says.

The group of four plus Clam gets on the boat as it departs to Salmonid Smokeyard.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Splattershot Pro in hand, Mac gets on the boat, shifting to his squid form. Hope also gets on the boat, shifting to her octopus form. They prepare themselves for the incoming waves. After Mr. Grizz tells them to get to work, the two Super Jump to Salmonid Smokeyard, ready to smoke some Salmonids.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp turn into their octopus forms and Super Jump to the island while Clam stays at the boat to watch from a safe distance.

"Those two better know what they're doing." Clam thinks to himself.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Wish takes control, preparing for the oncoming waves. The alert sounds, indicating that some Boss Salmonids are approaching. First up, a Steel Eel. With it, some Chums, Smallfries, and Cohocks follow, as do more Boss Salmonids - a Stinger and a Flyfish. Mac fires the Splattershot Pro at the Smallfries and Cohocks, while Wish goes to take care of the Stinger.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp go after the Stinger and Flyfish first to help get the targets off the crew's back. Coral uses the Ballpoint Splatling to splat the Salmonids going after Kelp, whom uses the Range Blaster to instantly take down the Stinger, now three Golden Eggs are released.

"That's one of the two most dangerous Salmonids taken down!" Coral says as he picks up a Golden Egg.

"Go after the Flyfish next?" Kelp asks.

"Definitely!" Coral answers.

Meanwhile, Clam is watching from the boat.

"I hope they are smart about this, I don't know why they went after that Salmonid first, but if that Salmonid was one of the most dangerous ones, then they are being smart." Clam thinks to himself.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mac heads towards the Flyfish and throws a Splat Bomb at it, landing in one of the baskets. The Splat Bomb explodes, and the right basket breaks. Wish picks up a Golden Egg, swimming towards the basket and placing it in.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp finish placing the Golden Eggs they pick up.

"What are they collecting?" Clam asks.

Kelp sees some Tenta Missiles heading her way forcing her to dodge them, only to be splatted by a Steel Eel.

Coral manages to splat the Salmonids between him and the Flyfish so he can be ready for when the Flyfish opens its remaining basket.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Wish attempts to take care of the Steel Eel, inking a path to it, swimming behind it, and splatting the Salmonid at the back. He picks up a Golden Egg, swimming back to the basket and placing it in. Soon, another Steel Eel comes and takes the previous one's place.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

When the Flyfish finally opens its basket, he throws a Splat Bomb inside of it, destroying it and making the Flyfish crash land, three Golden Eggs are now in the spot where the Flyfish crashed.

"Help!" Kelp yells.

"Oh right, she needs help." Coral says as he aims the Ballpoint Splatling at Kelp's lifesaver ink tank.

Coral shoots the ink tank, thus reviving Kelp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom