• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (IC Thred)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@MacSmitty @Zerul @Ikaheishi @Chaos_Knight

Sue scratched the back of her head. "I don't know what you children are talking about. Turf Wars isn't a dangerous sport at all. The gun I just mentioned can't even pierce Neo Armor. It's strictly for Inking the floor. Why, did you think the point of Turf Wars was to shoot your OPPONENT?" Sue said without any knowledge of what Turf Wars was like in their time period.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul speaks up. "Actually yes. shooting your opponet and forcing him back to spawn was a big part of Turf wars. and there was nice little reward for splatting your foe. as he would explode in your teams colored ink covering a good chunk of turf.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@silly979

Shen was still grumbling, looking outside of the restaurant when Dr.Octavski handed the menu to him. He glanced down at it, viewing the page when he saw the Crabby Cakes. "Huh... Well, I hope they are good as they were back then," he turned to the Octoling scientist, "this is probably the first, and last time I'm going to thank you. Thank you, Dr. Octavski," he thanked.

"I'll take 2 Crabby Cakes and just a glass of water please." Shen said.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979

Sue was partially shocked to hear Zerul say this. "Isn't that dangerous? I don't know the exact reason for it, but it's currently against the rules.... I'd bet searching it up on Squoogle might give us an idea of what happened." Sue said.

@Rustic

Dr. Octavski made her order as well. The large Inkling, who's name tag read Moe, grunted in a way as to communicate that he understood the total order and left to prepare it. Dr. Octavski then looked over to Shen who seemed to be continuously grumbling. Feeling a little bad for him, Dr. Octavski decided to speak up. "Listen Shen... Is there anything I can do for you to help you feel better before we say goodbye? Well, I'll probably still be around... We live in the same building, but still."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul rubs the back of his head. "Turf wars and Ranked battles used Respawn pads so there was no danger to it."
@silly979

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Out of curiosity, Chaos slung his backpack off and takes out his Octoshot Replica that he still had with him this whole. He takes a glance at it, thinking if this thing is even usable in today's times. "Eh...would I even be allowed to use this time? Surely, this thing must be ancient to you guys." He said as he spins the weapon around with his finger.

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979

"We still have those." Sue said to Zerul. "It's become standard for just In-Case situations. I mean, there's been an increase in water placement in arenas for professional competitions, so... The stage danger is high. They surely come in handy."

"Oh, and would you mind if I took a closer look at that?"
Sue asked Chaos.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Um...sure I guess." Chaos sets the weapon down and slides it towards Sue. "Just don't break it or anything. That thing has served me in grateful times."

@silly979

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Wait. Why would they add more water based hazard stages? Is it because of the new planets?" Tyler piped up after swallowing a piece of his food.
@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
As the waiter returned and handed everyone's plates out, Sue returned the weapon to Choas. "You were right. The design is interesting, yet the overall specs of the weapon look a bit under powered compared to other weapons I've seen." Sue takes a bite out of her food then directs her attention to Tyler. "We decided that since shooting each other was outlawed, there had to be some other challenge to the sport. Water was added in as a way to test every competitor's skills to the fullest." Sue takes another bite of her food, then continues to talk with her mouth full. "And you should see the pro matches! Even more danger and excitement! It's a blast!" After she swallowed her food, Sue came up with an idea. "Hey, I'm not working tomorrow. How does a trip to New Inkopolis's Great Mall sound?" Sue asked the Children as they ate.
@MacSmitty @Chaos_Knight @Ikaheishi @Zerul

Last edited:

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
As the conversation at the table continued, the look of fear on Laura's face had transitioned to a look of surprise, confusion, and disbelief, all while her head slowly tilted to her side.

Laura's attention shifted to the waiter when he set her food down in front of her. “Thank you.” She said while bowing her head in courtesy, then digging into her soup with great pleasure. Too involved with her food, Laura did not pay the continuing conversation at the table much attention… Until Sue mentioned the word ‘trip’.

Laura looked up and spoke quite quickly. Hm?! Mall? She took a moment to think, her head slightly tilted to the side. Yeah! She quickly responded, along with a nod, before returning her attention to her soup.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul thanks the waiter showed up with there food. "Thank you." Hunter begins eating but keeps quiet as he was unsure what to talk about.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler perked at the word "mall". "Yes Please!" He said. He had received reward money from doing his work as an agent, and could finally use it on something, that is when he realized that money from his time would mostly like be useless in this time period.
@Zerul @Ikaheishi @silly979 @Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos takes back his weapon and stores it in his backpack. After doing so, his food then arrives and begins to dig into it. When Sue mentioned the mall, he come to realize he was technically broke. "Um...I would love to come, but my debit card expired over 40,000 years ago."

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Zerul @MacSmitty @Ikaheishi @Chaos_Knight

Sue laughed. "Of course I didn't expect you all to pay for anything on your own. I'd be glad to purchase each of you one item." Sue said as she took another bite of her food. "So each of you had better choose wisely." She said with her mouth still full.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@silly979

Shen looked hopefully at Dr. Octavski, his mood apparently seemed to have lightened. "Well, there is one thing that's been itching at the back of my head. Figuratively, of course. But perhaps you could show me around Octo Towers? Help me get to know my neighbors, ravers or not." He added.

"And a job idea would certainly help," he chuckled wryly, "because I'm assuming these apartments are quite expensive..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom