• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (IC Thred)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
While waiting for the scientists to get some type of meds for the headache, Tyler rubbed the place where Zerul smacked him. Looking down at Laura many thoughts raced in his head.
Why did she confuse Zerul for her brother? Why is she all messed up? That door she ran into shouldn't have given her enough damage to her head to cause a headache! ... Unless she was running towards it for some weird reason. No, that doesn't seem like something she would do.
@Zerul @Ikaheishi @silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Ikaheishi
Luckily for Laura, Sue responded almost immediately. Taking out her Squidphone Deluxe, she pushed a small red emergency button on the bottom of the phone. A radio wave radiated from the phone and shortly after, a team of paramedic robots entered the immediate area and surrounded Laura. Also, luckily for her, their appearance was pleasing to the eye. One of them ran a quick scan on her and preformed a diagnostic of the results. Once complete, it applied an adhesive patch to the top of her head which almost instantly relieved her of the pain. Sue couldn't help but stare at the scene with dismay. She wondered how she could help Laura.
"Dude...." Joe himself was at a loss for words. But he set it aside. After all, there were far more important things to discuss at the moment.
@Ikaheishi @Zerul @MacSmitty @VeryButter @Rustic @Chaos_Knight

"As far as I can tell each of you dudes are planning to assimilate into our daily life 'till we get this whole thing sorted out. That's cool. I'm sure we can find each of you something to do."

"You have to be squidding me!" Objected a scientist from the conference table. "These Neanderthals come from the past. FAR back into the past. Is it REALLY a good idea to annex them into our society?"

"Why not give them a chance? They seem to be intelligently sufficient." Commented another scientist from the table.

"There's no telling what they would do if we left them unsupervised." Chimed in another scientist from the table.

Sue finally had enough.
"I will supervise the children. They are currently living under my roof, so I will take full responsibility over them. As for those two..." Said Sue eyeing Shen and Magabelle. "They seem old enough to take care of themselves.... But I have a few standbys ready for supervision if they decide to leave their homes." Sue concluded.

"Yo, I think that solves that problem." Many scientists in the room suddenly had a worried look scrawled upon their faces after Joe said this. It seemed that society was split over the issue of letting those from the past wallow around in the future.

"Well. Final order of business. We've got to start making a plan to see to it that each of them finds a way home."
This caused quite a bit of chatter among the audience.
Things like:
"It's not possible."
"It's too unpredictable."
"What are the odds of another wormhole appearing"
and
"Can I get extra fries with that?"
could be heard from every angle of the room.

"What CAN we do? We have no knowledge on this thing, and judging by the looks of things, it's highly unpredictable." Piped up another scientist from the conference table.

Joe reflected on that for a second.
"That's it, then. We'll devote our efforts to learning more about what we're dealing with here."

Sue gave Joe a funny look. "You can't be serious. How could we possibly pull THAT off?"

"Yo, when there's a will, there's a way, dude."

Sue was getting tired of Joe's speech patterns fairly quickly.

"Whatever, yo. This meeting's officially over." Said Joe as the meeting was adjourned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date: Inktober 13th 42,876]
[Time: 8:47 Pm]
[Location: New Inkopolis Convention Center]

After some time talking to the other scientists and discussing plans and strategies, as well as just talking with a few friends, Sue met with everyone from the past in the much smaller room in the back of the Convention Center. Sue stretched her limbs, happy to be in an area where she had personal space.
She reconvened with everyone by saying, "Well, that sure was unexpected..."
Dr. Octavski, who was in the room keeping an eye on everyone chimed in. "Is there a reason why you need me here?"
"There were two reasons, actually. One was that I needed you here to watch everyone. The other is that I need you to get someone to look after the older ones."
Dr. Octavski groaned and left the room, bringing Shen and Magabelle along to take each of them back to their respective homes. As for Sue, she looked at the remaining inklings that sat before her. "Now that that's out of the way, who's ready for something to eat?" Asked Sue.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler was glad that nothing really bad happened over the course of the day. And when he heard Sue ask a question he perked up.
"Me!Me!Me!" He says really fast, in a childish way. As his anguish did cause him to get hungry.
@silly979 @Ikaheishi @Zerul

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura chimed in right after Tyler. “Me too! How about burgers or hot dogs or ramen?! I really could go for some ramen!”

The look on Laura's face was full of hope—she really wanted a good bowl of ramen.

@silly979 @Zerul @MacSmitty

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos looked around at everyone who were also in the same predicamen he was. Though seeing them made him felt as if he never left his time.

His stomach began to rumble when food was brought up.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @silly979 @VeryButter ))

"This is ridiculous..." Shen mumbled, "Octavski, can you show me this "lab"? Before you go and drop us both off at our homes?" He asked her, looking at her with the best baby Octoling eyes he could muster.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
While waiting for food, Tyler thought back to what the scientists were debating about. It infuriated him that some of the scientists thought since they were from the past, they were cavemen stupid. It would take a while to get used the technology here, but that didn't they wouldn't survive!
He frowned at this, turning and noticing Chaos. Walking up to him, he extends hand introducing himself. "Hello. My name is Tyler Aquatic. I came from the year 2015. What time did you come from?"
@silly979 @Ikaheishi @Zerul @Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos noticed Tyler approach him. "Oh Hello....my name is Chaos. 2015, huh? I'm actually from 2016, just a year ahead of you." He said while shaking his hand.

@MacSmitty

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic @VeryButter
Dr. Octavski merely looked at Shen, then proceeded to speak. "What's ridiculous? Joe? Yeah, everyone has a problem with his 'too cool for you' attitude he always has on. He always says one thing then moves onto whatever's more important and pushes whatever he was talking about back." They reached a long line waiting for the Sky-Trams. "I don't think I can take you to the lab. You both are being assigned an official care-taker. I was just a temporary stand-in. By the way, you both hungry? We can go to the Sea Floor and grab a bite to eat before I drop you both off at home."

@Chaos_Knight @Ikaheishi @Zerul @MacSmitty
When she finished her phone call to make reservations, Sue looked back at the children. "There, we have reservations. Come on, best not keep them waiting for us." Sue said as she herded each of them out of the back room, through the Convention Center into their car and out the exit. It wasn't long before they were inside the restaurant and in their seats. The menu was filled with exotic foods and some not-so exotic foods. There were even some familiar dishes that they could have recognized. A waiter came by. "Ahem. Greetings. Our specials today are the York-Mint Pepper Burger and the Frog's Tongue. May I start you all with something to drink?"
"Oh, I'll take the Rock Bottom."
As for the rest of the drinks, there was a selection of over 2,000 to choose from. While the children were selecting their own drinks, Sue spoke up. "By the way, I feel a bit bad that we've been living under the same roof and I still know very little about you all... Oh! I know, why don't we all tell a little bit about ourselves. If you all tell me a little bit about you, then I promise to tell you all a little bit about me. Sound fair?"

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos took a look at the menu, which was actually more of a hologram tablet. Confused on how it works, he just kept swiping it, surprised of how many items there were available. Not wanting to risk on trying something weird, he just ordered a normal pepperoni pizza. "Erm...I'll take a lemonade." He said to the waiter.

He then turns to Sue. "Guess I'll start." Chaos cleared his throat. "My name is Chaos. I'm 18 years old and I come from the year 2016. I was into battling a lot for the most of my life. Before winding up here, I was just on my way to school until I saw the entrance to Octo Valley glowing and went it...Does that place still exist by the way?" He asked.

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Chaos_Knight
Sue scratched the back of her head. "That place sounds familiar... Oh, but it's nice to meet you, Chaos. I'm Sue, Sue Shi." Sue gives Chaos a small smile.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Well it's not to meet you Su-...." Chaos got cut off upon realization of her name being a pun. "Ugh..." He presses his head down.

@silly979

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul paruzes through the menu a bit. he finds the amount of thing on the menu was crazy. "Uh..I will take a Mc-Rib sandwich with onions and pickles. with a...Cokeacola to drink."

Zerul looks over at the waiter to see if he got the order. at the same time put the menu to his chest to hide him scanning it with his nanties. he then looks over at Chaos who was about to loose it. "You ok Chaos?"

@Chaos_Knight @silly979

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos lifted his head and scratched the back of it. "Oh it's nothing. I have...er...had? a friend that was a punatic. She was always make me feel stupid about it...hehehe."

@silly979 @Zerul

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura was so overwhelmed by the menu that she failed to notice anything going on around her. When it was finally her turn… Ayeh!

The waiter's prompt startled her so much that she jumped, banging her leg into the underside of the table, upsetting the place settings and making a somewhat loud noise along with her scream.

Laura realized it was just the waiter and took a deep, calming breath. “Uh… S-Sorry… I-I'll… Um…” How embarrassing. She had yet to select a drink, and it was already her turn to order… But there were just so many choices.

She shook her head for a second, and giving up on ordering from the menu itself, she took a shot in the dark. Laura ordered what she would have, were she at home. “Green tea… I'd like a plain bowl of ramen, with spinach, and a cup of green tea.”

While rubbing her leg, Laura looked at everyone and sunk down in her seat. She was so embarrassed by what just happened.

@silly979 @Chaos_Knight @MacSmitty @Zerul

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura pushed herself back up in her seat. "Thanks, Zerul." She tried her best to crack a smile, but Laura was still quite embarrassed, and it showed in her pathetic smile.

@Zerul

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @silly979 @VeryButter ))

"Going for a eat would be just great right now." Shen agreed, looking down at the city below. "Where's this "Sea Floor" restaurant, anyway?" He asked Dr. Octavski. "Do they still serve crabby cakes?"

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler was about to get ready to ask for his order when he heard Laura's scream and flinched covering his ears through his Squid Nordic. Turning to the waiter he tells her his order.
"I'll have fries with salt, along with some with some... chicken. Yeah."
Turning to Laura he makes a comment about her outburst. "
Man Laura, you really know how to scream..." he mutters, resting his head on the table.
@Ikaheishi @Zerul @Chaos_Knight @silly979

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom