• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (IC Thred)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic @VeryButter
Dr. Octavski smiled. "Great, I'm starved. The joint's not too far away from here too and there's plenty of Crabby Cakes to go around. But honestly, I'm surprised they even had those in your time era." She said as they finally reached the tram and took off towards downtown New Inkopolis.

@MacSmitty @Chaos_Knight @Ikaheishi @Zerul
Once everyone had stated their orders, the waiter spoke up once more. "Thank you." He said with a bow then proceeded to read back the collective order back to everyone. Once he was sure he had everything right, He left for the kitchen.
Sue turned to Laura.
"What about you? Anything we should know? That was a rather loud scream." Sue said with a tad bit of worry in her voice.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @silly979 ))

"You're a dingus if you don't know that we had those back in 2016." Shen mumbled, face-palming. "That's like saying you don't know Inklings had Turf Wars back then as a recreational game. But I think it's a stupid game, and commonly, Inklings believe it made them unstoppable in combat." He added.

"How about you? Do you like Turf Wars?" Shen asked the Inkling beside him, and subsequently Dr. Octavski.

(( @VeryButter ))

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura blushed in reaction to the comment about her scream. He-heh… Her embarrassment was getting to be a bit much to bear, and she was turning quite red as a result.

She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a breath and shaking her head, and responded. “Well, I'm from 2017, uh…” Laura tried her best to remember her introduction from the night before. “It's… Uh… About 100—Err… 99 years after the Great Turf War. I-I… Um…” She looked down, frustrated with the difficulty of giving another introduction. Ugh. These introductions are always so hard. she muttered quietly.

Laura took yet another deep breath. “I sometimes play in the turf wars for fun, and I like to draw. And… Uh…” She was trying to think of something more. “Oh! Some of my drawings was featured in an art show once!”

Her face then lit up in surprise for a split second as she had a realization. “I-I'm sorry, but I don't think I ever caught your name.” In no time, Laura was back to blushing in embarrassment and shame.

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
Dr. Octavski was taken aback by Shen's offensive statements. "Sheesh. There's really no need to be so mean about it... How am I supposed to know about that? That's like asking me to know everything about your time era, and frankly, I don't even know when that is." She said, a tad reluctant to pay for Shen's dinner as they approached the dinner.

@Ikaheishi
Sue rubbed the back of her head. She's already said her own name once that evening. "I suppose if you weren't listening... I'm Dr. Sue Shi, but please just call me Sue." She let out a small sigh. "By the way, you seem to be a bit timid... Is there something we can do to help you with that?" Sue asked Laura.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@silly979 @Rustic

"Yes," Magabelle replied, not looking at either of the Octolings, "I haven't played in a long time though. Nobody from my time has played in years."

"What kind of food does this place serve?" she asked, looking at Dr. Octavski.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Timid?!” exclaimed Laura, somewhat loudly. “I-I was just caught off-guard!” She wasn't pleased with Sue's… observation. “I was busy with the menu—It's not my fault that there are so many choices!”

Laura had crossed her arms, and a hint of anger was discernible in her pouting.

@silly979 @Chaos_Knight @MacSmitty @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs and pats Larua on the back again. "Calm down...ok. I guess i will be next. My name is Zerul. and i have been ripped from a parallel time period...so im not quite sure what to say."

@Ikaheishi

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@VeryButter
"All sorts. If you want it, it's probably on the menu," Dr. Otavski explained.

@Zerul
"Oh.... I uh....See..." Sue said, also unsure of what to respond with.

@MacSmitty
"What about you? Anything you want to tell me about yourself?" Sue said to Tyler.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @silly979 ))

"Fine, fine." Shen muttered. "I'll stop being so harsh. It's not like I got ripped away from my home. And then got stuck in this!" He gestured, pointing with both his arms down at the city below. "Apologies, if you feel as though I'm a bit too angry about being stuck 40000 years in the future."

"But it's alright!" He began, bursting into a sarcastic rant. "I'm always willing to be displaced in time someplace, or sometime." Shen gave a very forced smile. "I completely prefer to live a solitary existence. Because from what it seems, I'm the only Octoling who hates these raves. It's also not like I had my daughter's family to take care of." He added.

"You know what? I'll be quiet for the rest of the ride..." He mumbled.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic @VeryButter
Dr. Octavski sighed. She really had no idea what to tell Shen. It's not like one gets to meet someone from 40,000 years ago. Despite this, though, she eventually mustered enough courage to try and help Shen's spirits.
"Listen, I know it must be hard... I mean, I wouldn't know personally, but I'm sure being ripped from your own time period and being sent into a strange and bizarre place dated farther into the future than you'd anticipate HAS to be a huge let-down... BUT, you've got to learn to make the most of it. You have to just believe that your daughter and her family's going to be alright. Most importantly, though, you have to believe that YOU are going to be alright. Let's be honest, Shen, if you keep this up, all that's going to happen is that you'll be in the corner grieving. That's not going to be fun, so why not enjoy yourself while you're here?" Dr. Octavski finished her "pep-talk" with noticeable panting. Eventually she calmed down, then continued. "L-Look, I.... I'm sorry. I'm not so good with Pep-Talks or anything like that. I hope I didn't make it worse or anything." She said as the tram let them off at the nearest station to the dinner. It was only a few blocks before the reached a small, not-so chrome building. The inside resembled that of a 1950's dinner, with some futuristic exceptions here and there. There weren't any customers, though. It turns out they were the only ones that were there to eat. A large Inkling gave them a grunt as a welcome greeting. Dr. Octavski led her two guests to the counter where a line of seats were neatly placed. Taking a seat, the large inkling dropped off three menus with another grunt.

@Chaos_Knight @Zerul @MacSmitty @Ikaheishi
The waiter suddenly returned with everyone's drinks as if on cue. "Your food is on the way. If there's anything more I can do for any of you, please let me know." He said as he went to go assist other tables.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Thank you." Tyler tells the waiter, accepting a regular drink that was presented.
"
My full name is Tyler Aquatic, and I come from the year 2015. That year the Octolings took the Great Zapfish, and in response, 7 agents took it upon themselves to get the Great Zapfish back. I was one of those agents." He starts off.
"
I wasn't as good as the other Agents, as I just started doing Turf Wars at the time, and had been shocked by a Zapfish, cornered by several Octolings, and had to literally play 'The floor is water' on one mission." He sighs.
"
Other than that, I'm a pretty good singer, as Agents 1 and 2 taught me. I used a Octobrush Nouveau, which I had on me until that time rift caused it to break as it was my day off when it happened."
@Zerul @silly979 @Ikaheishi @Chaos_Knight

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Zerul @MacSmitty @Ikaheishi @Chaos_Knight
Sue sat deeply in her seat and sighed as she took a long sip of her drink. She really didn't know what to say about herself, but she wanted to keep her promise.
"Well..." She started. "You all already know that I really like science... Hmm...." Sue said while thinking. "Oh! Did you all know that I have a slight problem speaking in front of a large crowd? ((NEW TRAIT LEARNED!)) That's something that most people don't really bother to know about me." Sue sighed, getting that bit out of the way. "Look, I'm glad you all are staying with me. If you don't like me... that's fine... But it's far better than the other option the executives were thinking about..." Sue stared off to the side, a sad look scrawled upon her face. Eventually, she snaps out of it. "I-If there's anything I can do to make your stay at my house more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let me know." Sue said, as she took another long sip of her drink. "If any of you have any questions, I'll try and answer them the best that I can."

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
Dr. Octavski handed one of the menus to Shen. "Here, Crabby Cakes are on this page." Dr. Octavski says, pointing to the listing for Crabby Cakes on the menu.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Well then Sue..." Chaos takes a sip of his drink before thinking of something to ask. "How has Turf War changed over the years? Like any new weapons developed or maps available?"

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Chaos_Knight

Sue leaned back in her chair, trying to find a way to answer Chaos's question. "I mean... It's a little hard to answer that... Since I don't know what I'm comparing this to... But, I heard that the recent AV Spray MK III is popular with the young crowd. They've also recently started production of new arenas on different planets too, so I'd bet that would be really fun to check out one of these days." Sue said. "Are you big fan of Turf War?" Sue asked as she took another sip of her drink.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos scratched the back of his head in confusion. "Well that is something at least... Back then there were only 16 arenas available. I didn't think that would even expand to outer space." He said. "AV Spray....what? What kind of weapon is that?"

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Chaos_Knight

"The AV series is a collections of automatic firearms each critically acclaimed for extreme fire-rate and damage per shot. Each new addition in the series was clocked at faster fire speeds then the last installment." Sue started. "I hear they're all the rage."

@MacSmitty @Ikaheishi @Zerul
Sue turned to the others at the table as to not exclude them from the conversation.

"What about you guys? Are you all into Turf Wars?"

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
When Sue described the weapon she mentioned to Chaos earlier, Laura jerked and became tense, causing her to spit out some of her tea. Eyes wide open in shock, she quickly grabbed her napkin and wiped her face off, all without looking. Thankfully for Laura, it seemed that nobody had noticed.

Being greatly intimidated at the prospect of facing down an even fiercer weapon than the Hydra Splatling, Laura quickly shook her head in response to Sue's question. She loved participating in the turf wars of her time, but she was not going to deal with these fearsome monsters of the future. She tried to hide it, but a look of terror could be made out on her face.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul rubbed the back of his head. "I am...but your discription of turf wars sounds really dangerious."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler had a nervous look on his face when he heard about the AV Spray. "That weapon sounds... very broken." He said, lightly tugging his hair strands.
"
I do play Turf War and Ranked Battles though. I was on Rank C+ moving to B- before that time rift..." He trailed off.
@Ikaheishi @silly979 @Chaos_Knight @Zerul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom