• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkslingers ~ The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults! [Recruiting]

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Great games tonight, everyone! It is awesome that, every time I log into the game, I always see fellow Inkslinger clan members to join in on. Rock on!

Speaking of Inkslinger members, we have the following people to welcome into the fold:
  • Umiwaver
  • Lawngnomer 6

Thank you for joining and welcome aboard!

Also, in case folks are wondering, our clan tag in game is GS* since it is in reference to the overall clan of ours, the Gunslingers.

Cheers!

The Splatoon Clan for Adults.
The Splatoon Clan for Parents.
The Splatoon Clan for Older Gamers.
The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Inkslingers - We have been slinging in Nintendo games since Hogan's Alley.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
I would like to join as well I want some friends to splatoon with to
Awesome! Thank you for the interest! I have sent the clan info to you via pm.

Speaking of new members, we have ANOTHER two to welcome aboard:

• ShaX
  • Grizzly3254

We just keep growing by the day, so, if you are a fellow older Nintendo fan, come join the adults in Splatoon!

The Splatoon Squad for Adults.
The Splatoon Squad for Parents.
The Splatoon Squad for Older Gamers.
The Splatoon Squad for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Inkslingers - A generation of Splatoon players that grew up in an era of real paintball fights.

chrisrly907

Inkling
NNID
chrisrly907
The Inkslingers front just keeps growing! Since I last posted the active members list, the following people have started slinging the ink with the rest of our clan:

• Njok
  • JTBook
  • MikeyFromSantee
  • Epicpants
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining! Nintendo is already rolling out more of the promised features, so if you had a childhood of NES, SNES, or N64 memories, join the rest of us older gamers!

Inkslingers - The Splatoon clan who actually HAD the NES Zapper. ;)
i

chrisrly907

Inkling
NNID
chrisrly907
i would like to join. 25 year old father, long time gamer. level 20, rank B-, would probably be higher but i'm working on slotting some gear.. i'd like to play with people my age and i'm tired of getting teamed up with scrubs. let me know.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Powerdog, I see you made it to GS, so welcome aboard :D

Chrisrly, I sent you a PM, but in case you don't get it, just head over to our website: gunslingergaming.com

You can also go directly to gunslingergaming.com/html/howtojoin.html and that will walk you through it.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
I'd love to join too! Let me know what I need to do!
Welcome aboard! I have sent you the clan info via pm.:D

Here are our newest Inkslingers since the last time I posted:
  • Olimar777
  • Powerdog15
Thank you for joining!

Inkslingers - The Splatoon clan for Nintendo gamers old enough to remember a world when the Squid Jump mini game would have BEEN the Triple A title. ;)

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Good games indeed, Griggz!

It's our 8 Year Anniversary!!! Holy cow, 8 years. Games have sure changed since we started. For better or worse, who's to say. But we still have a blast playing them! All throughout this month we have raffles, giveaways, and a ton of gaming tournaments planned. Stop by and sign up today to take part in all the fun and celebration. http://www.gunslingergaming.com

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Sorry I couldn't get to talk about Kelp Dome with you guys over Vent, wireless signal was acting up too much. Hell, even my wired connection to the Wii U started bugging out on me past 11, which is why I left the games so soon. I'll be back though. ;P

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
The weekend is just about here, which means you will see me slinging the ink in Splatoon again!

Our Splatoon Leader, GS*Dunkaroo, has been making some awesome banners for people, and our main clan banner has been updated to reflect that:

We are still recruiting, so, if you are a fellow older Nintendo fan, come join the adults in some Splatoon antics!

Inkslingers - The Splatoon clan who was originally trained by Duck Hunt.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
For everyone interested in joining, please visit our website's how to join section at: gunslingergaming.com/html/howtojoin.html

Or feel free to PM myself or McMurphy requesting any info you may need.

Been having some amazing games this week with GS. Always good to see new and old faces invading a public lobby :D

camplikeachamp

Inkling
NNID
add_gaming
I joined a couple of weeks ago and started gaming with the crew immediately. They are a real relaxed chill group of people and very welcoming as well. Never once have I felt like an outsider. Very active as well. Everytime I login to play splatoon I can normally find a GS member to jump in and ink with.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Dear Gunslingers,

Let's pause.

June 2015 marks the eight year anniversary of the formation of the Gunslingers clan. Eight years. Wow. What were you even playing eight years ago? Think about that. What was your life like nearly a decade ago? Since 2007, maybe you have had your first child. Maybe your third. Maybe you have gotten married or earned your degree. Maybe you have changed careers and hit the evening lectures at your local college. A lot can change in your life in a eight year span of time, and maybe you don't even feel like you are the same person.

In eight years, the Gunslingers clan has not changed, but it has certainly evolved.

We are all here so we can focus our limited gaming time as a mature, casual experience with like-minded adults. No matter how much our lives change, that gaming need doesn't. So GS* doesn't. From day one and through the predictable future, we do not muddle that goal with banners ads, sponsorships, or site plug-ins that allow third party entities to gather your information and sell it for profit. The Gunslingers exist as an oasis away from typical clan obligations, but the internet has also certainly changed ('evolved' may be too strong of a word), so our status as an oasis has become even more meaningful. We may not be able to be the most sophisticated or slickest entity online, but we are here purely for the love of the venture. No paypal account required. No fine print requiring you to sign away your privacy needed. Take a look around the internet these days. Where else can you find that?

We evolve by incorporating new ideas and new blood on a regular basis. In fact, our present leadership body is a blend of leaders who have helped out the community for years and members who are fresh to the scene. In case you haven't had a chance to meet a leader, they are cupracer92, ironside, Fed Architect, Fynvarrah, Hir3ling, gobi42, GrouchyGran, Wikilectual, LawnGnomer 6, Balki, Merky Water, Sosyc, theL33tness, bdnyy23, Lamporello, mikelaird1, Odin001, Spade115, Dunkaroo69, and (me) McMurphy.

Like playing in-game together, the GS* community is not about rank. GS* Leaders are not moderators or saber rattlers. They are fellow members who are willing to donate their time to help maintain the clan, be there for members' questions, and encourage the process of exchanging gamer tags and having a good time in a past time we all love. I am always including new, fellow members into that element of GS*, and it is determined solely on the willingness to help out. Thank you, all present and past Leaders, for making Gunslingers such a special group.

Of course, the leadership (read: trail guides) could only be set this way because our members are so great. Everyone continues to do their part to welcome new members, send out or accept invites, and introduce fresh ideas to the clan. Thank you. Gunslinger Gaming continues to be an experiment that attracts an incredible level of new members because of all of your communal efforts.

We continue to get more and more fellow adults joining our fold. And there is no sign of slowing down. In fact, we have welcomed over 850 members into the Gunslingers so far in 2015. We are only half way through the year! What do you do when things works out so damn well? How do you proceed? I suggest we do what only can be done after a gamble yields good fortune.

Let it ride.

Sincerely,
Lee McMurphy
Gunslingers Founder.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Fellow Parents & Older Gamers for Over 8 Years.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Summer is finally here! And with my son out of school that means I can sleep in for an extra hour every morning!!! And that's good news because it means I can play a little longer every night :D Come check us out today and get splatting with all of us. http://www.gunslingergaming.com

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
The Inkslingers clan has been quite active in Splatoon. We banded together as a clan and all chose "Team Dog" during last weekend's Cat vs. Dog official Splatoon event. We are also in the middle of a clan-wide Squid Jump tournament:

Miiverse Post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOARHq9A

That's right! Starting now until the end of July 15th, we are hosting a Squid Jump contest. Like an '80s arcade contest, we are aiming for the high score. Whomever holds the high score by the end of the July 15th is the winner!

DETAILS
Date: June 28th to July 15th
How: Post a screen shot as a reply to the above Miiverse post OR as a response to this topic.
Prize: A custom "Squid Jumper" Gunslinger Gaming forum rank and animated icon.
The score setting things into motion 5,530.

CURRENT HIGHSCORE TO BEAT: 25,828 SET BY CHERKOV

Ready...Set...Squid Jump!

One of our very own Inkslinger members, GS*MikeyFromSantee, is at Comic Con to compete in Nintendo's official Splatoon tournament! We wish him luck and are celebrating his Inkslinger representation at the event by dedicating this Friday's edition of our MK8 GS* Bar League to him! Here are the details:

Miiverse Community for the GS* Bar League:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073331491656

That is right! It is Week FIFTY-EIGHT of the GS* Bar League, and we showing GS*MikeyFromSantee our support as he competes in the official Nintendo Splatoon Tournament at Comic Con this year by racing some 150cc tilt control only Mario Kart 8 matches! The Mii theme? Mikey's Mii of course! Here is the code you can scan to download Mikey's Mii:

Just hold your Gamepad to your computer screen while in your Wii U's Mii app to download his Mii! Otherwise, I recommend checking your Wii U's lobby screen. The odds are that he is running around somewhere on there!

Welcome to the Shellslingers Mario Kart 8 Bar League!

A rather "infamous" feature at Gunslinger Gaming during the Wii generation was the weekly Bar League where members race to be crowned the "Keeper of Das Boot" and be given a special forum rank. Thanks to Nintendo providing a convenient in-game Tournament feature for Mario Kart 8, the quest to be the keeper of Das Boot is back! Please read the following information to learn how to participate, goals, and the event rules. Cheers!

CURRENT KEEPER OF DAS BOOT: Crinklepouch

CURRENT TOURNAMENT CODE: [See top of MK8 Master List]

CURRENT TOURNAMENT DATE/TIME: June 26th 2015; Friday @ 5pm Pacific/7pm Central/8pm Eastern/1am GMT

CURRENT MII THEME: "MikeyFromSantee"
CURRENT WEEK TOURNAMENT SETTINGS:
  • Mode: 150cc
  • Tracks: All
  • Teams: No
  • Items: All
  • Vehicles: Any
  • Control Methods: Tilt Control Only
  • COM: No COM
  • Race Count: No Limit
  • Race Duration: 1 1/2 Hours
  • Group Shuffling: Off
After the Bar League, we are jumping directly into Splatoon for the rest of the night! If you are looking to play Splatoon with a bunch of older Nintendo fans, join the Inkslingers!

Inkslingers - The Splatoon Squad that has been playing Nintendo IPs since the NES!

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Are you looking for a casual clan to play some Splatoon with? Perhaps you're tired of hearing kids raging in your ears or working with teams that don't communicate. Come check us out today at http://www.gunslingergaming.com With over 10,000 members from all the corners of the globe, you'll find we have a group for everyone to run with, no matter what time you game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom