• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

IoS Messfest! v1.0 This Saturday!

Ultramus

Pro Squid
If this is starting at 6pm CST this tourney is not finishing in one day, lol, granted it should run faster with no mode striking

Mowse

Inkling
NNID
MowseChao
If this is starting at 6pm CST this tourney is not finishing in one day, lol, granted it should run faster with no mode striking
Yeah I'm reluctant to commit to being in a team now because I have plans to leave for somewhere once the tournament is over. It's kinda frustrating to know so little about what's going on. :(

Are we sure we even will have enough players? I guess we can just play with fewer, but noting how many players voted for next Saturday instead of this one implies that they may have conflicting schedules. (Edit: Otherwise why wouldn't they just vote for the closest time?)

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
@Ellocus are things getting started now? It's past 4pm in the UK, it's quite late in the day and still no confirmation of time.
The time was given as 7 EST. This is 7pm EST, to confirm. We are trying to get everything sorted as soon as possible to account for the possibility of people previously signing up not being able to make it, so we can notify the replacements in due time.

Blackcurrant42

Full Squid
NNID
Blackcurrant42
The time was given as 7 EST. This is 7pm EST, to confirm. We are trying to get everything sorted as soon as possible to account for the possibility of people previously signing up not being able to make it, so we can notify the replacements in due time.
Ok thanks, I must of missed the time announcement.

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
IMPORTANT!
Everyone is required to sign up again, due to the change of times and therefore uncertainty of many player's attendance. (Think of this like a check-in)

SIGN IN HERE!

Please fill this in ASAP and spread the word that this will be required.

Teams will be decided by 6pm EST or as soon as the required number of players sign up.

The tournament will begin at 7pm EST.

Note: Captains who were chosen before will receive priority, up until a 5:30pm EST cut off time.

I apologise for any inconveniences this may cause.

Last edited:

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Just to confirm I won't be able to play, the time is a little late in the day for me. Hopefully all goes well and I can join the next one :D

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
7PM EST today, saturday? I don't think I can make it D:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
7pm EST seems quite late for almost everyone including people like zeno and myself for which it stars at like 12am - 1 am for us.

And even then if things go smoothly, it will get quite late for eastern time players as well. :/

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
7pm EST seems quite late for almost everyone including people like zeno and myself for which it stars at like 12am - 1 am for us.

And even then if things go smoothly, it will get quite late for eastern time players as well. :/
This is why I think the Messfest should be split into two days or at an earlier time. I know things like this are difficult to manage but hopefully everything goes well.

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
This is why I think the Messfest should be split into two days or at an earlier time. I know things like this are difficult to manage but hopefully everything goes well.
I agree, which is why if we get everyone signed up and ready to go earlier, I will start it then. Only if ALL teams are ready though, or it will create an unnecessary backlog of matches. Additionally, if at some point in the tournament, a large number of players feel they need to drop out, we will consider finishing on another date, most likely next Saturday, but none of this is confirmed as of yet and ideally we would prefer to get it all done in one go.

Ultramus

Pro Squid
I definitely recommend rescheduling the whole event, or rather, we run it today to get a feel, get as many matches as possible, and come back with a better plan for next week. At this point people really want to play, myself included, but I don't want the disorganization(Not your fault I know) to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth about it.

DoctorStew

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DoctorStew64
So where are the teams going to be posted? And also, is the tourney still following the original bracket from the first post?

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
I definitely recommend rescheduling the whole event, or rather, we run it today to get a feel, get as many matches as possible, and come back with a better plan for next week. At this point people really want to play, myself included, but I don't want the disorganization(Not your fault I know) to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth about it.
I understand, I figured it would be best to just get *something* done, rather than delay and complicate things further. This is very much a trial run, to see how this type of tournament can be improved upon. There are already changes we would like to see made, but at this late notice it would complicate things further.

So where are the teams going to be posted? And also, is the tourney still following the original bracket from the first post?
I will be posting the teams here, with Captain and stream link (if available). Yes it will be following the original bracket, with the maps and modes that are listed.

DoctorStew

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DoctorStew64
I will be posting the teams here, with Captain and stream link (if available). Yes it will be following the original bracket, with the maps and modes that are listed.
Awesome! Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

Mowse

Inkling
NNID
MowseChao
How long is it expected to go on tonight? I can be there from 7 to 10 PM EST, but I have no idea if that's reasonable. I don't want to sign up just to have to bail on my team and cause disqualification because I have to go and not enough players have dropped out for us to move to next Saturday. Is there some kind of threshold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom